Page 16 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    What day are you planning on the Ghee? This Sac refugee may be up there Weds/Friday depending on snow and how work goes.
    Sac has been money this week.

These last few days at the 'Ghee have been pretty amazing. I love how consistently you can head up at one and have the deepest turns of the day until closing.

Because pics and claiming stuff and generally being an egocentric jerk, storm cycle finally lined up to ski of a classic

Name:  50883723_1210379165776424_1578388927817973760_n-2.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  58.1 KB

Put the Scotty's gate bootpack in on the way back up, the most wallowing I've ever done. Hopefully some of you guys make use of it, the turns back there are going to be incredible for a long time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3207.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	405.2 KB 
ID:	266343

Targhee this am. Chopped yes but bone dry hero snow.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Jeeeze way to send it Cy.

This week marks what was my annual trip out to JH to crash at a friends but he moved back East so this is the first time in 4? years I haven't been out during this week. Seems like I missed a killer one.

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    These last few days at the 'Ghee have been pretty amazing. I love how consistently you can head up at one and have the deepest turns of the day until closing.

Because pics and claiming stuff and generally being an egocentric jerk, storm cycle finally lined up to ski of a classic

Put the Scotty's gate bootpack in on the way back up, the most wallowing I've ever done. Hopefully some of you guys make use of it, the turns back there are going to be incredible for a long time.
    Siick dude. Classic is right! Introduced to that hit in 1999, heh.

Way to take advantage of the sun when it came out! And thanks for setting the bootpack, was surprised to see it in that early and took advantage of it!

What a day. Crags was still pretty damn good and four pines was so.damned.good.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

^^^Wow. Cool pic.

Great skiing today. I was expecting a sunny day, then... Wham!

Awesome snow conditions exist right now.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    What day are you planning on the Ghee? This Sac refugee may be up there Weds/Friday depending on snow and how work goes.
    Right now targeting Thur or Fri for the Ghee trip. Eyeballing the Alltrans deal of bus+ticket. Wednesday headed into Yellowstone for a day of high speed sleding.

I hate when people on forums keep bumping the same photo over and over again in a thread but gotdamn nice shot. I don't even know what else to say - do yall still say ALLTIME?!! Nice one.

Nice work Cy! Land in a pillow?

I've been enjoying this cycle, but as much as I love teaching avalanche classes, I wish I could have played hookey on Wednesday.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Thaleia - I took the day off. One every 2 weeks average. so, that puts me in the high 50's this season. Usually in the 110+ range inbounds. Would never have taken today off but I needed more rest after this last cycle.

Trying to stem the crud going around too. Look to be back at it in the AM.

First box anyone? Phall? Baby bear? or at 11 by the casper restaurant fireplace inside...

KWB and snapt - I might be into driving over to the ghee next Friday. Maybe plan a mini summit...
    New yabyum too. I took yer advice btw and supported the kids ski foundation. Thx for the hook.

Nice launch Cyd; Diving board? how was the landing?

Will try and shoot more pics.

18/19 Jackson/Targhee/Tetons Thread- Ski the big red one

I’ll be in Driggs Thur-Monday...Skiing GT 2 days and JH 1 day. Visiting buddies son who works at GT.....

Quote Originally Posted by kirkwood_bum View Post
    Wednesday headed into Yellowstone for a day of high speed sleding.
    No you're not. Speed limit for snowmobiles in the park is 35 and there are rangers out there with radar guns enforcing it. The park makes you take a four stroke sled so you can't go that fast anyway. Cancel Yellowstone and book a snowmobile trip to Togwotee Pass, Granite Creek or the Grey's River instead. You'll have way more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Thaleia - I took the day off. One every 2 weeks average. so, that puts me in the high 50's this season. Usually in the 110+ range inbounds.

Diving board?
    Phuck yeah! If only.

Word. He sent it deep.

Perfect form! Gangstas dont dance they huck giant backcountry cliffs and make it look easy.

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Woolly the Mammoth View Post
    No you're not. Speed limit for snowmobiles in the park is 35 and there are rangers out there with radar guns enforcing it. The park makes you take a four stroke sled so you can't go that fast anyway. Cancel Yellowstone and book a snowmobile trip to Togwotee Pass, Granite Creek or the Grey's River instead. You'll have way more fun.
    This X2...

And spring for the insurance; cripes, the nightmares I've heard about simple accidents costing riders buttloads of cash.

For the record I've done the Togwotee thing a few times and it is a blast but the Yellowstone Tour thing is pretty cool too especially if you aren't needing a hard core adrenaline fix. My neighbor who tags along with us on a lot of our ski trips has done it a couple of times with his boy and they loved it. They saw a griz the last time which is one more times that I have seen a grizzly despite spending roughly 400x in the wilderness than they have.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 01-27-2019 at 07:25 AM.

Flying out today for the week - left overs and side country!
    why make ten turns when you only need to make NONE!

Tram laps 1st thing in the AM, R bowl is 6 inches of talcum powder. Look for the orange LPR's with the metal tips...ask for change.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Thaleia - I took the day off. One every 2 weeks average. so, that puts me in the high 50's this season. Usually in the 110+ range inbounds. Would never have taken today off but I needed more rest after this last cycle.

Trying to stem the crud going around too. Look to be back at it in the AM.
    That is inspiration right there.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Nice work Cy! Land in a pillow?

I've been enjoying this cycle, but as much as I love teaching avalanche classes, I wish I could have played hookey on Wednesday.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk
    Thanks! Landing was so good. Could have sent it to my head and been just fine. Couldn't believe how not sore I felt the next day.

And thanks for the stoke everybody else.

Didn't realize how high up I had to pack the run-in for that thing. Realized I didn't have enough speed and ended up pole planting off the lip. Did the worm real hard in the air, photo is one of the few points I looked in control. Took it to my feet, but was way too front seat, made it like 15 feet before I put my face between my skis and cratered. Lost a contact into my goggles on impact haha!

Heard a two year old fell off the Shoshone lift at GT Saturday. The parents were riding two chairs behind.

Name:	SAM_3741.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	973.0 KB 
ID:	267143
    high pressure is here

Name:	SAM_3746.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	267144
    cold north wind at your back made this pleasant

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    Heard a two year old fell off the Shoshone lift at GT Saturday. The parents were riding two chairs behind.
    Heard it was a 4 year old.