Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

18/19 Jackson/Targhee/Tetons Thread- Ski the big red one

It’s the best day of the year! Opening day pow day deserves an updated thread. Have fun out there on those magnificent teets.
    Last edited by AdironRider; 11-27-2018 at 08:37 AM.
    Live Free or Die

thanks for getting the new thread started. super fun opening day.

teewinot, av, casper, teton and sweetwater lifts.
    it was dumping a lot of the day and we didn’t stop to get many pics but my crew all had powder boners.
    today was a good day
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9065.JPG 
Views:	617 
Size:	237.0 KB 
ID:	257036
    skid luxury

Feel the stoke! Missing JHole as I linger here in Montana, but will be back for some turns this season!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Mountain white, crowds light. Couldn't ask for much more.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0844.JPG 
Views:	386 
Size:	766.2 KB 
ID:	257049
    Live Free or Die

The Big One - Jackson Hole 18/19 Thread

Wife and I took the kids to the village at 1. We had a ball. Fun opener at the Village!
    Last edited by schwerty; 11-25-2018 at 11:42 AM.

Had a great time this morning at the village then some teewinot runs with my son in the afternoon
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Is this the thread for GTNP, Targhee and Teton Pass or is it strictly for the JHole elite as the name implies?

Quote Originally Posted by haysman16 View Post
    Is this the thread for GTNP, Targhee and Teton Pass or is it strictly for the JHole elite as the name implies?
    I don’t see where it says “elite”. Usually it’s all encompassing of the area.

Oh hey. I will check into this one instead of the other one haha. I got my eyes on about 10 sq ft pf DJ's floor space and wonderful powders sometime late January early Feb. Can you confirm that the skiing will be acceptable in jaxin then?

Cheers!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Oh hey. I will check into this one instead of the other one haha. I got my eyes on about 10 sq ft pf DJ's floor space and wonderful powders sometime late January early Feb. Can you confirm that the skiing will be acceptable in jaxin then?

Cheers!
    I'll be out there for Super Bowl weekend.....staying in Driggs but planning on JH at least one day with other days at GT if anyone wants to party.

Schwerty — let’s actually connect for some turns this season!
    I’ll be out for couple of weeks around the holidays and a couple other random long weekends

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post

Cheers!
    I can confirm with a reasonable level of confidence.

And the square footage has expanded. a little.

And you know, you utes can roll up anytime. Pow tomorrow, roll up tonight kinda thing. No lead time required.

Got a new green light. Fucker lights up a city block.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I don’t see where it says “elite”. Usually it’s all encompassing of the area.
    "the big one". The village jumped the shark years ago

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    "the big one". The village jumped the shark years ago
    ya not a fan of the thread title choice either as it’s already stirring up the butthurtz.
    but it is big
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I don’t see where it says “elite”...
    well? it does say the "Big" one, doesn't it?!

Although, no mention of red
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by cdubski View Post
    Schwerty — let’s actually connect for some turns this season!
    I’ll be out for couple of weeks around the holidays and a couple other random long weekends
    You bet! Lemme know when you’re headed out !

Edit: Well shit you can't edit titles.

But I was headed out the door to ski and rushed the title name, weaksauce I know.
    Live Free or Die

The Big One - Jackson Hole 18/19 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Edit: Well shit you can't edit titles.

But I was headed out the door to ski and rushed the title name, weaksauce I know.
    sounds like your priorities were straight- getting out to go skiing instead of internetting!!
    maybe we just include the larger area so people aren’t constantly asking? i can get that updated if that sounds good to you
    skid luxury

Sweet, feel free to change!
    Live Free or Die

A short story without an ending…

It’s just before 3pm and I’m skirting out to Amphitheater on a one of kind bluebird Friday afternoon. The hill was serving up refills for the last few days and plunging under the Thunder was workin up till mid-day when the sun broke out all-time.

Exhausted from days of skiing, I give in to hydrating and sun gazing at what used to be a spicy chilli hut about 350m wnw of the thunder bullwheel.

Having made the stop more than a few times in the past, the fare was good and always manned by a pleasant person. I get ready to saddle up to my bev of choice and as I approach the perennial sawbuck sets, there is this taller woman. A lone figure, in her mid-late 50’s maybe 60’s. Appointed very well and used with purpose. Feminine colors but, not bright. Stout, with a long shock of peppered white hair pulled back.

She immediately engaged me and we got to talking. 20min surrendered to our musings and wanting to get back out on my exploding legs, we began to say our farewells.

Not long into saying goodbye, (Phyllis/syphilis, Debbie, jane - green/adams/smith - was the 90’s/whatev) invites me to the next evenings closed to the public annual patrol ball/dinner and festivities. I don’t remember the location for real but, memory serves up the Moose.

I thanked (what became apparent early on in our conversation) the grand dame. She was a delight and made sharing the afternoon sun very permanent.

I was jetting sat morning but, didn’t declined her offer. I let her goodness settle in by accepting. My only need of invitation when I presented myself at the door was (?) had invited me.

So, anyone...
    Who was it and maybe some backstory?
    ​I am not in your hurry

Silver fox

Quote Originally Posted by cdubski View Post
    Silver fox
    Yeah, my $2 bet is on Lynn too.

Prematurely gray haired, she was smoking hot and very cool. Everyone loved her on the Gondy crew.

We still talk about the silver fox. She acted in a few B movies as I recall. one with Yaphet Kotto.

Nice soft turns at the village. It was coming down pretty hard up at Teton lift before lunch, fingers crossed it keeps up.
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Yeah, my $2 bet is on Lynn too.

Prematurely gray haired, she was smoking hot and very cool. Everyone loved her on the Gondy crew.

We still talk about the silver fox. She acted in a few B movies as I recall. one with Yaphet Kotto.
    whatever happened to that hot gondola lady? she was a fixture forever but havent seen her in several yrs. she was nice
    skid luxury

Yeah, Lynn was super nice. She was one of the last of a group of lifties that were tight with the locals. Most of them now are just in it for the pass. She kinda got nudged out, as they all do.
    The Resort management has recently made it clear that the locals hanging out around the village is no longer their preferred vision.

Christ the Resort can't hardly give some jobs away. When the lifty on casper doesn't speak English well enough to tell you why you have to jump out of the chair, well, hell. Ask me how I know that, sometime.

Koko - you ready to go man? I keep looking at dudes skiing, wondering if that's you...