Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Game time decision tomorrow. Will prob go to JH (place is booked up pretty good), unless snowbasin or PM or Beaver gets hammered. See what the temps / wind do. Will pay to play at Targhee to, maybe Monday if it gets hit like it seems to do regularly.

How is night skiing at snow king? Never been there.

A rule of life = if it is snowing, go night skiing.

JFC - this system is tough to track and really fickle. I can't see us getting more than a few inches overnight, but on top of todays, maybe the bottom will go away. Mostly. Plus a little fresh tonight on the remains of today will be really good for bouncing and popping if the temps firm up the soft pillows.

Likely gonna be at tram line by 7:30. Sure glad getting there is not like the SLC thing or I-70. FKNA. Would be psyched to meet Dfinn and ski if possible. Pm to ya wit digis asap...

Todays snow was better than it should have been: a little damp -11%, only about 4-10 inches, skied like stiff but light. Not sure where the moisture went. It did not help hide the gotdam firm shit beneath. Luckily our 2 OB laps were like 8-20 inches of beauty on top of a skating rink. Slicker than goose shit. Almost funny how you'd accelerate in the pow and just hoped something would check the growing speed. Pfluffenmeister had a tough digger on rd. 2 Bounced up pretty damn quick though. I could see his lonely explosion about 500 yds away...Spent the rest of the day trimming the pow pillows everywhere at mid mtn, where the masses just ski right past them. Maybe our deepest line was about 11:30 on Casper.

First tracks OB is fucking Titteeeeeeeeez.

More tomorrow.

Hey team- just a quick heads up. Getting pretty cracky out there by the end of the day, especially low elevation where the slab is wetter and the base more rotten. I triggered some fast shooting cracks that became small pockets of soft slab.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

The King was deliciously creamy last night. Skiing really well and everything looks pretty filled.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Pfluffenmeister had a tough digger on rd. 2 Bounced up pretty damn quick though. I could see his lonely explosion about 500 yds away...Spent the rest of the day trimming the pow pillows everywhere at mid mtn, where the masses just ski right past them. Maybe our deepest line was about 11:30 on Casper.

First tracks OB is fucking Titteeeeeeeeez.

More tomorrow.
    [snicker/] Guilty as charged.
    Let 'em run a bit too much.

Today's firsties were even better.
    Tittieez is right!

Dfinn, it was nice to meet you and your & crew.
    Nice to meet you as well Mr. Babybear.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Yeah, great to meet you and djongo! What a day. My buddies got the royal treatment today getting guided around by Scotty and Andrew. We got into some really good snow and fun terrain out of bounds in the afternoon.

good vibes on the pass today, smiles and friendly people all over, thanks as always for the beta b-bear. skinners were nice and supportable for the pup, snow was settled pow and skied great, and possibly the first time I’ve been in the area in January when the temperature didn’t start with a minus sign

stoked utards... we’ll be out getting drunk tonight! look for the FKNA shirt

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3388.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	265434

Name:	IMG_3416.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	788.0 KB 
ID:	265435

Name:	IMG_3399.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	265436

Sunday pow posse meetup - first box, by 8 prolly, OR

10am at casper fireplace +/- 10 minutes OR
    11 am " " .

All Mags encouraged. Safety meeting day...

Sunday pow posse meetup - first box, by 8 prolly, OR

10am at casper fireplace +/- 10 minutes OR
    11 am " " .

All Mags encouraged. Safety meeting day...
    8:00 at the Bird today had you on fifth boat. I need to make a journey Northward sometime this season.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    8:00 at the Bird today had you on fifth boat. I need to make a journey Northward sometime this season.
    Anytime my friend; PM'd you.

Glad to have you and bring the SFB too!

Just met Mall walker and plan on skiing laps with him tomorry.

pfluffen early for the Powwwwww. snowing light right now, looks pretty juicy tonight.

Really fun day. Scored the basement corner room in the Hostel with this view. Kind of took a while to get our legs under us with the heavy snow down low but by the end of the day we were moving okay. Ran into skiing-at-jackson as usual in his basement haunt. Skiing with my 8 year old and wife all day so just played around on Thunder and Sublette and kept it low key. Higher was better but the thick snow made a lot of stuff fun. One lap in the bowl which was great but it was like a 4 box wait around 1 pm. Yikes. Hobacks were fun for first 2/3's then a slog but not bad and I was just stoked to ski some fresh snow.

Anyway if anybody spots us ask for change. We are back again tmmrw at the Village and the Ghee on Tuesday. Daughter has a Chestnut Mountain Race Team jacket I have ON3P and a yellow Freeride Systems coat..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by uglymoney; 01-20-2019 at 10:56 PM.

there is nothing like jackson hospitality. djongo we looked for you at 11, sad to have missed you. gonna take a lap off the pass tomorrow on the way back to smog lake shitty, thanks mags and jh people for making every trip here awesome.

Name:	IMG_3458.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	265723

hell yeah

^^^

Today was was fanfuckingtastic.
    Two Rocksptings laps that were knee to thighdeep with a few turns where the mountain was feeling me up.
    Balls deep pow.

mmmmmmmm …..

Thanks again Djongo, my friend,

Hot damn, IMO that was one of the better weekends so far this year.

I had walk on trams on Saturday at noon, and didn't wait in a liftline at all elsewhere, which amazed me. Sunday was a little more crowded, then back to barely any people today. Just steady consistent snow but never enough to draw out the 7 dayers and pow clause peeps (well except for me and my liberal interpretation of what is enough snow to take one)

The snow might have been a little heavy, but that was just what we needed. I think the Vill is finally game on without destroying your sticks. Get some!
    Live Free or Die

Yep today was so good. We did several trams and just skied the bowl to the Hobacks with the eight year old and crew. So good. Middle hoback ftmfw this afternoon. Great snow still hanging in there and everything felt covered underneath so you could let em run...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

"That is some high quality H2O." - B. Bouchet

Damn fine skiing right now.

2laps w/ Pfluffenmeister in 10% boottop to crotch deep powpow.

Got first onsnow from first box but waited for P. on box2.

Rewarded with untracked shintokneedeep in the Far Drift for about 1/2 mile, then into Lower RS for solid fresh untracked for a few miles in a variety of pitches, rollers, rock gardens and boulder drops; forested, and sweet pillows buried under 3-4 days of blown snow. 4 foot drifts about every third turn if yer lookin; P-meister was ripping the Kusalas and testing ever steeper shots, a coupla better than 60 degrees for a few fat turns, sluffy, but no cracky - solid... Bomber snow and I know the safe lines that deliver.

Snow quality and bonding has been better by the day and the hard bottom has finally left the building. At least OB; the bottom of the hobacks was biotchy in comparison. The south boundary gully wiggle was rad to start with about 8-14" in it. Maybe 1/4-1/3 mile of skier track freeform slalom with bootdeep on it. What a blast!

Another Lap. Even better, deeper, rockstar run.

Tittaaaaaaaaayzz for days.

dang there was a lot of youz in town this past weekend- sorry to miss the ugly money fam- you guys always sound fun. but at least I got to send my weekday representative out to ski with a few of you other visitors

Baby Bear - any thoughts on BBI19 Alpy? You wanna go?
    I want to go. I just booked a room at the summit inn with 2 queens jic so they don't sell out as there is not much lodging up there
    the huzband has to stay home for that corbets competition but I am still mulling between driving the van and trying to get a parking spot or using some skymiles to fly in
    hit me up with what you are thinking or we can powwow this weekend to form a plan
    skid luxury

$$^^^^^hell yeah; lets connect asap on the bbi options...I have an alternative for you.
    Skied a great storm cycle with Pfluffenmeister and made a new friend; We partied into delirium, I swear I was laughing dizzy silly, so ripped!!!
    - met Dfinn for a lap or two before Papa Bear took over, Thx Andrew.
    - met Mall Walker and hooked him with a voucher - missed skiing with him by a hair...dangit.

Hope to see you two at BBI19UT.

Representing the Colorado and Utah mags...

Skied a great storm cycle with Pfluffenmeister and made a new friend; We partied into delirium, I swear I was laughing dizzy silly, so ripped!!!
    Agreed!
    Best trip ever.

"I'm floating on a cloud!!! … I'm floating on a cloud!!! … "

Talking

Another day on the nukatan peninsula. This one just keeps on giving. Who's headed to powtown?

DEEP.

It has snowed 7 inches in the past 2.5 hours, getting pretty spectacular quick out there.
    Live Free or Die

More pics you bitches

Djongo don't stop for no Pics.

I'll try, but it's hard.

Sleeper motherfucking day. Damn. Double dog damn. Filling in yer tracks damn. Seriously...

Multi days of snow varying from 14-30" after wind and variables, then last nights cold blown footie with winds averaging 20's and gusting solid into the 40's made for a 6 tram OB day.

First into Ross' slide and we were just cutting kneedeep windpow like butter, ultra soft and at 9% SWE, light on top of stiff pillows from the past 4-5 days. Untracked was smooth and faceshots were plentiful but the real fun was making the pillows from days past into yer bitch. 4-6 foot piles to explode into, trying not to stall, fucking deeeeeeeeeep into the radzone. Wow. So very wow.
    We did that again because it was only 9:27!
    Slight variation on our lines produced an even better run on lap2. Knees to hip deep on the pitches and boottop on the flats but so light you could wiggle for over a 1/4 mile and never lose speed. so fun.

Next we decided ship's prow; Long experience in there but not yet this season... so as we roll up to duck the rope - 2 trollers on the prow Eyeballing me, then my 3 buds roll in and they know we're going. They ski away...Tits. no scree on the roll in and I bust it into the crux.

Shite, still firm crunchy, WTF? Peeps been skiing the main vein enough that I picked the bad lane; Lap 2 proved that, as it was better in opposing turns.
    Thru the crux and then heaven! The top of the snow cone and a banking left into the pit between the towers was - no shit - untracked tits deep for about 40 yards before pitching over into about 30 kneedeeps at about 45 degrees. What a line, just mindblowing with go anywhere hero snow.
    It's so great when you're tripping out just watching your friends rip a hot line.
    Sooooooooooo, - wedidthatagain.

And we paused long enough to note our prior tracks were almost gone from the nukajawea upslopes going on around us. And deeper too, FKNA. That second lap was approaching kneedeeps everywhere.

On ward we went to ski Why not?
    It had been skied out almost so we plucked pillows and slipped into the trees for some steep soft crud freeskiing, then some gs turns into the lower meadows.
    Power skiing at noon. Even the thrashed Hobacks were easy as pie piles of slash to check speed anywhere ya felt like it.

Almost every box was a one car wait , maybe 2 on a couple but overall the kind of skiing that gets better by the hour; Increasing snow and decreasing skiers.

Tomorrow will be ______________!