Page 17 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Heard it was a 4 year old.
    It was a 4y/o. Double femur fractures besides other things but will be alright n the end.

Quote Originally Posted by haysman16 View Post
    It was a 4y/o. Double femur fractures besides other things but will be alright n the end.
    My coworker must be hooked up to some regional church prayer thread, she was reading a fb post the family put up - poor kid. Both arms, both legs broken, other fractures and lacerated liver.

I don’t have a kids, but 4 seems young to be riding the lift without an adult?

Damn, that makes me cringe. So much pain at such an early age. Life changing. Askmehowiknow.
    Gonna say a prayer for that little nugget today.

I know, poor thing. I wasn't as young as her, but pain as a kid/teenager can be life changing.

Finally made it to the village last Saturday! Ended up making turns off Casper and Teton most of the day with some folks that are not very comfortable with the "fun side" of the mountain. Was a little bummed to not make over to Sublette or the tram, but we had fun anyways with our little group. Headed back over for the week this Saturday to ski with friends visiting from Chicago. I need to finally meet up with some of you, but I am pretty sure I cannot keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    My coworker must be hooked up to some regional church prayer thread, she was reading a fb post the family put up - poor kid. Both arms, both legs broken, other fractures and lacerated liver.

I don’t have a kids, but 4 seems young to be riding the lift without an adult?
    I bet that ended up being a trip to Primary Children's in SLC. Be well little ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Damn, that makes me cringe. So much pain at such an early age. Life changing. Askmehowiknow.
    Gonna say a prayer for that little nugget today.
    It really is. I was a few years older than her when I had a life-changing injury. Took me years to get over the mental barriers that came after. Still not over them completely either and it's a few decades later.

Seeing someone fall off a lift is a terrifying experience. I was at Mt. Hood about 10-12 years ago for a summer camp and we saw a little girl fall off the Palmer Quad 10-15ft down onto the ground in an area with rocks.

Thankfully she was alright (must have missed the rocks), I don't think she even broke any bones. But still one of the scariest things I've ever seen.

Hopefully this girl will be alright and one day it'll just be a story she can share to impress some boys (or girls)

Headed into Jackson this eve. Let me know if anyone’s around and wants to meet for some turns tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Heading to Targhee with my oldest on a college tour (he's looking at BYUi). I haven't been there since '93. Any way to get a break on lift passes? I have access to discounted passes in Seattle area to reciprocate if you make it this way.

Thinking about riding the pass / Targhee in some combo this weekend if anyone wants to link up. Also, Jackson if I can finagle a ticket that isn’t full price.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Thinking about riding the pass / Targhee in some combo this weekend if anyone wants to link up. Also, Jackson if I can finagle a ticket that isn’t full price.

Likely be up there on Sat at some point depending on when in starts storming.

I get in Saturday afternoon. Staying in Driggs till Wednesday. Will be at GT 2 days...JH 1 day.....GT Sunday...and whatever any day we don’t feel like driving over Pass.

My buddy is not as adventurous in terrain choices, so I’m always looking for people to get after it.......+ beers...

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post

I'll be touring around the pass Saturday. Probably skiing Taylor. Looking like the park on Sunday.
    Shoot me a pm if you'll be around on Saturday.

a 15 yr old vintage find just in time for the weekend.you know the players

Wow, lotsa snow that season. Pucker is FAAAAT. Bunch of funny names in there. I worked with at least 4 of them at TML when it first opened.

Some still here, some long gone and a few I still see regular like: Bauer, Seany, Tattoo Abruzzi, Geoffy mick, Verdon, Pat... Dangeruss is back.

Morin started the fire in the canyon...

How many of you ski with avy gear at JH? Heading there this week and trying to decide what to pack. We’ll be skiing three days out of Baldy Knoll with guides, so I can use their gear for that part and save some room in my bag. Just trying to decide if I should bring my own shovel and probe for skiing the resort and likely some side country, if that’s what it’s considered when you go out the gates.

Quote Originally Posted by jerlane View Post
    How many of you ski with avy gear at JH? Heading there this week and trying to decide what to pack. We’ll be skiing three days out of Baldy Knoll with guides, so I can use their gear for that part and save some room in my bag. Just trying to decide if I should bring my own shovel and probe for skiing the resort and likely some side country, if that’s what it’s considered when you go out the gates.

I would bring avvy gear, as it opens up a lot of options at JH. Plus, inbound slides do happen every once and awhile. Good insurance policy, and shouldn’t take up too much room.

Nice 8-16" of pow on firm today. Shittons of people. I had firsties in front of all but 2 guides through RS...4K vert over 5 miles almost untouched, Tittaaaaaayyyzz. Better tomorry.
    Oh and by the way:

JHMR Sold.

Crown family of Aspen/Alterra/KSL.

JHMR Sold.

Crown family of Aspen/Alterra/KSL
    Say what?

Yeah not bad today. I hope you’re right about tomorrow though. Crazy about the sale.

Shit. I made the wrong decision. Went to Targhee to meet a gal for a ski date, but she called in drunk.

The patrol at the top of the Dreamcatcher Lift straight up told me they are having the worst day of the season!

Fog and elephant snot.

Backcountry did not disappoint. S2 for most of the day, lots of graupel. Wind slab building in lots of places- be heads up on that problem tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

JHMR Sold.

Crown family of Aspen/Alterra/KSL.
    nice day- a wee heavy but figured it's good training for BBI

heard an old guy talking about this sale today too but thought he was babbling (he did seem a little off)
    hmm I feel weird
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post

hmm I feel weird
    Yeah, me too. Shockwave for a lotta ski bums. Mass exodus to where?

FG - That's the word from inside up high. Never can say till the sale goes down but we were next on the block and the Kemmerer's long term flip is ripe for upselling.
    Everyone wants to know: who and how much?

Fritz - it was nuking when I left but I expected more tonight. May be just alright in the am...

HMS - broke a slab or two today; normal and predictable spots though for fun. My dream is first trax in 2 feet of cold graupel...

jerlane - you won't necessarily need shovel probe for sidecountry. I'll loan you mine if ya need it. Any big OB, Cody, noname etc., or granite canyon will warrant it.

jerlane - you won't necessarily need shovel probe for sidecountry. I'll loan you mine if ya need it. Any big OB, Cody, noname etc., or granite canyon will warrant it.
    Hey Djongo,
    Thanks for the offer. I’ll keep that in mind. Right now I have them packed, but my board/boot bag combo is right around 50lbs since I’m bringing a split board and solid board.
    I may reach out if I decide to leave them and the group decides we need to gear up.

A valuable lesson was learned today. Never make friends with a trustafarian snowboard chick.