Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    Laughin!!!

That's called Dude Stew.

No, it's a Sausage Boil.

Either way, I prefer steamed clams.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    This month is the resort's Golden Ticket offer and I found out over the weekend that your Mike D's Yard Park pass counts to get you 40% off.

It's definitely Manuary as well. Large dude groups of front range folks, utards, and every swinging dick with an Ikon pass is here. The hot tub at Teton Lodge had 20 drunk dudes in it and two girls who hopefully left before the tub started filling with ejaculate.
    JFC - did you ever just hit the nail on the head!

It's by no means busy right now, but goddamn almighty, who installed the massive shitskiing idiot magnet?

Let the Tiger out of the tiny cage.
    Then take the ride.

Skiing was advanced firm skiing today. I need steroids. Or Pow.
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 01-14-2019 at 03:59 PM. Reason: thought twice about that one

I was doing some research on center-bar Riblet chairlifts* and I looked up Blackfoot at the Ghee only to learn that it is gone, replaced by a quad. Did this fuck it all up? I loved that lift on a pow day, especially if it was storming.

* Because I was riding one with the just-turned-five-year-old and realized how much they fucking suck for little kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    <snip>

Pow is way easier on your body.

I'm pretty much sick of the ikon ass holers myself.
    Go post this over in the I-70 thread and see what happens. I should start giving advise on how to deal with 191. Where to eat in Rock Springs, how to get a drink from the gas station togo in Bondurant, how did Pinedale get so yuppified?

I'll ski ya sometime soon but I promise to get my green plate vibe mellow. Hell, I can talk a better Wyoming than half the "local" fun boys in the tram line.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    <snip> I should start giving advise on how to deal with 191.
    Drive fast and take chances, amirite??

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Drive fast and take chances, amirite??
    What ever works. I used to be a leave after work, party the whole way, ski three days and drive home kinda guy. How I'm a leave after lunch drive to by buddies house in Driggs, stay for a week kinda guy.

Just keep the tank full, the contraband stealth and the skinny jeans at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    What ever works. I used to be a leave after work, party the whole way, ski three days and drive home kinda guy. How I'm a leave after lunch drive to by buddies house in Driggs, stay for a week kinda guy.
    Damn dude, you're old. I still do it your 1st way.

Last time it was with a buddy in his 12-cyl S6 with Michelin X-Ice tires. Let's just say we went fast and took chances.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Damn dude, you're old. I still do it your 1st way.

Last time it was with a buddy in his 12-cyl S6 with Michelin X-Ice tires. Let's just say we went fast and took chances.
    I'm older than I used to be, that fo sho. More than anything, I think I've used up my get out of jail free cards. But don't count me out, it is more likely to be fueled a starbucks energy drink, drum rollies and some loud music rather than something more hunter s thompson.

Stopped by Casper restaurant for a drink of water. It was almost entirely comprised of Ikon pass lanyards and passholders. Including mentioned dudes, I saw various generations of guy groups clucking around -- grandpa bros, college bros, middle aged bros. My husband calls me a jaded local because I get pissed off every time I have to shove people that just stand in the way of lift gates, crowd the top of bridger just standing and talking effectively blocking runs, block traverses, etc. I get it during Christmas rush but when it leaks into January I'm miffed. I used to enjoy mid-January quiet time but now I'm happy to take off to Japan in a few days. Maybe my rage will just be transferred toward Aussies instead.

Read the I70 thread. You are supposed to be thankful that they are there. You depend on them. Your existence would not be possible without them. They can be assholes. Its justified.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I was doing some research on center-bar Riblet chairlifts* and I looked up Blackfoot at the Ghee only to learn that it is gone, replaced by a quad. Did this fuck it all up? I loved that lift on a pow day, especially if it was storming.

* Because I was riding one with the just-turned-five-year-old and realized how much they fucking suck for little kids.
    Meh, I had the same concerns but it hasn't really been an issue. The wind lips combined with tough viz during storms keeps people in check.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Meh, I had the same concerns but it hasn't really been an issue. The wind lips combined with tough viz during storms keeps people in check.
    I am glad to hear this. It's been a while since I've had the big storm wind wave conditions over there but man, I gotta tell ya, that is one of my all time favorite skiing environments.

Nuking snow, windy with any cloudiness that could linger; visibility whipping past in blurts of sight, then nothing; Snow's hard to assess but soft, hard to tell depth, boot-knee-hips. And waves of windswept snow from 1 to 4 feet tall coming at ya about every 50-100 yds.
    Killer tree skiing on a great black pitch for a mile or so then back to the little, slow Riblet. Even when there was a line, it was still plenty of pow for the capacity.

Those old fixed grip doubles hold a dear spot In my heart. Fewer every year.
    Last edited by new yabyum; 01-15-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Went to Targhee for my first time this past weekend. Damn thats a chill mountain. Chill folks too. Just had a good time. Yes Im from Colorado, no I dont have an Ikon pass....lol! Wife even said something about moving that direction but thats for another post. Anyway cant wait for next time up there. Good shit

Heading up for the annual weekend trip, 1/24-1/27, staying at the Antler, skiing the village one, maybe two days depending on weather and the pass Sunday on the way back to SLC. Girlfriend rips and can hang, but coming in with a group of rank amateurs besides that. I know the village OK, but would love a tour guide to help me dial that place in on pow days.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    Those old fixed grip doubles hold a dear spot In my heart. Fewer every year.
    The old DC double is the Saddle lift at Lost Trail, still accessing some goods. Not sure where the old Blackfoot got shipped off to.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    The old DC double is the Saddle lift at Lost Trail, still accessing some goods. Not sure where the old Blackfoot got shipped off to.
    Western Montana: where Riblets go to die.

I was the first paying customer to ever ride that lift at Lost Trail, probably in 99 or 2000?

Also, it looks like Targhee tried to sell the old Blackfoot chairs, so the rest of it might have gone to the scrap heap. https://www.grandtarghee.com/event/b...ot-chair-sale/

The chairs always seem to sell, hope the rest ends up at some Mom and Pop resort inhabited by a Maggot clan.

They're calling for some snow to start today. A good 6" and some wind would really help thing out. The bowl has gone through a pretty solid freeze thaw cycle.

More importantly, can I still call you Nick Wilson?
    Live Free or Die

Arrived last night but begged off today as yesterday was described as:

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I'm sure Djongo is in better shape than I am and I have a bit of flexibility so I'm waiting on the weather.
    Tram tomorrow?
    What time for first/second box?

Tetons look like fucking shark teeth.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Good call skipping today, the bowl was gnarleeee. Skiing elsewhere was good.
    Tram will likely not be the best starting point tomorrow. Try and meet at the general store deck about 8:40, beside the tram/ ticket offices. Ask for change...
    If not successful then go up a gondy and meet me at Casper restaurant, inside by the fire at 10 am. Easy peasy;
    For the record, mags, I go phone free when I ski. If we can't meet at a place and time without chatting every 5 minutes prior, I'm likely down the road.
    I'll be there waiting if I say I will be...Looking forward to some soft turns and new mags to play with...

G-Force - find me when you can...

Adi - ever astute.. laughing!!!! That place is D.E.A.D. - shite.
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 01-15-2019 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Late for tubes

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Arrived last night but begged off today as yesterday was described as:

I'm sure Djongo is in better shape than I am and I have a bit of flexibility so I'm waiting on the weather.
    Tram tomorrow?
    What time for first/second box?

Tetons look like fucking shark teeth.
    New Lhasa FAT I presume?