Page 31 of 64 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    FebuBuried
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Considering coming over from Idaho tonight. Teton Pass currently closed. Does WYDOT generally keep things locked down during events like this or can I expect it to open later tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by peterbmoorman View Post
    Amazing day, START buses completely full in the morning, had to hitchhike to the Village.
    4 AV laps, Teton, Casper, down to Gondi, and Thunder to Sublette. Too much powder to make it over to Casper at 11, that reunion might have to wait until Wednesday Djongo.

Also had to avoid a mother moose and her offspring on AV, only in Wyoming!

This winter is shaping up to be 2018/20-Ikonic....
    I hope you're not the person in the video who got chased for riding way to close to mama moose....

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Considering coming over from Idaho tonight. Teton Pass currently closed. Does WYDOT generally keep things locked down during events like this or can I expect it to open later tonight?
    Depends how much they get to slide, and how much cleanup is then necessary. You can usually go around, though.

I just came over and it closed right behind me. A rotary plow went off the road to the inside on the idaho hairpin. They were trying to pull it out with a tow truck but it looks like a big job. Conditions not bad though. I bet it opens when that task is complete. I'd wait it out for an hour.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Roger. Didn't know if it was avy mitigation or something else. Guess I'll make the call in IF in a few.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Depends how much they get to slide, and how much cleanup is then necessary. You can usually go around, though.
    Lots of cars still in the top lot delaying AC if that's what they have planned this early.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    I hope you're not the person in the video who got chased for riding way to close to mama moose....
    2nd run on AV we were coming out of the halfpipe run, didn't see the moose until I saw a snowboarder just stuck on the cat track and warned us about the moose. We were a good distance away from the Moose and avoided getting close, didn't go back on that run because they were still there.

You have video of the Moose chasing somebody?

I knew as soon as I saw the pair to stay far away, guess somebody else thought JHMR is a petting zoo...

Quote Originally Posted by peterbmoorman View Post
    2nd run on AV we were coming out of the halfpipe run, didn't see the moose until I saw a snowboarder just stuck on the cat track and warned us about the moose. We were a good distance away from the Moose and avoided getting close, didn't go back on that run because they were still there.

You have video of the Moose chasing somebody?

I knew as soon as I saw the pair to stay far away, guess somebody else thought JHMR is a petting zoo...
    https://www.facebook.com/Jacksonhole...type=2&theater

WY22: Jackson - the ID State Line: Open to all traffic BOTH DIR. Other travel expect no trailer traffic, chain law level 1. Buckle up. 24-FEB 18:03

I guess I was thinking they did this early:

https://buckrail.com/travel-advisori...-early-am/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseBrooklyn View Post
    Damn, what a first day! Now I know why everyone says JH is their fav. This place is incredible. Terrain is the best I’ve seen. Trees were top notch.

Crazy thing is the powder didnt even get all tracked out despite the crowds... I was balls deep all day.

I didn’t even take the tram at either. The line was way too fucking long. Met some dudes who said they waited an hour. Fuck all that noise.

Can’t believe you guys started waiting at 7:45 to get first car.

Ok, maybe I’ll try that tmrw so I got nothing better to do that early.
    Sleep in. Nothing to see or do off the tram, that you can't do on Marmot chair.

The rest of you kooks pm me by 7am to hook up. Might be a tough follow with me tomorrow but worth it if you can hang. Avy gear up and A game.

Today was stupid good, a couple inbounds laps and then went for a walk. Things got touchy later in the day, a couple things going naturally.
    Back to back days at the resort and I'm definitely not in resort skiing shape. Got some work to do before BBI UT in a few weeks.

What's the suggested route from SLC given the snow? I have usually gone 80 and then north in Evanston. Leaving now. Looking forward to it!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    He who has the most fun wins!

Have fun and play safe. Ghee bound for Monday fun and games.

18/19 Jackson/Targhee/Tetons Thread- Ski the big red one

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    What's the suggested route from SLC given the snow? I have usually gone 80 and then north in Evanston. Leaving now. Looking forward to it!
    if the pass is gonna be open and doable in your vehicle imo 15 is the better choice. but my dumb ass somehow always goes from evanston and I always make it, just leave some extra time cuz they don’t keep those surface highways in immaculate condition...

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Some of the canyons off Pine Creek Pass have some fun lines but unless you're familiar with them I would stick to the pass. Once in Swan Town it's long approaches and sled country. State line has fun mellow tree skiing, they're plowing a parking area at Mike Harris now as well. Altitude will be your friend though depending on Temps.
    Yeah I don't own a self and don't want long approaches for me this is a fun trip to hang out w/ my friends that mostly live on the east coast, so would't really have time for that. I will probably stick to the pass then, I think it should be fun for 2 days(one north, one south, maybe both south if I see a lot of instability). I guess I could do three days but will probably be pretty shot by Sunday. Also thanks for the food suggestions on Idaho side, will definitely bring them up with the group.

That's the question, will the pass be open in 4 hrs...got awd

He who has the most fun wins!

That's the question, will the pass be open in 4 hrs...got awd

https://buckrail.com/travel-advisori...e-in-early-am/

avalanche mitigation work is currently planned for 3am on Monday, February 25.

oustanding day today, RS was deeepppp and light

I don't know much about the storm happening but driving the back way thru Wyoming can be a really bad time in a big storm. You ain't gonna save time over I15 if it's like driving in a milk jug with roads that don't get plowed often at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Sleep in. Nothing to see or do off the tram, that you can't do on Marmot chair.

The rest of you kooks pm me by 7am to hook up. Might be a tough follow with me tomorrow but worth it if you can hang. Avy gear up and A game.
    Next season I’m down to bring my A game and hopefully hang witchu.

I rode up from SLC yesterday. I took 15 to Idahoe Falls. Then rode in to Jackson this morning. The roads were pretty bad. Chain controls. Took me 3 hours from Idahoe Falls in what should have been a 90min drive.

Saw a big ass Cadillac Escalade on its side in the ditch at the base of Teton Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I don't know much about the storm happening but driving the back way thru Wyoming can be a really bad time in a big storm. You ain't gonna save time over I15 if it's like driving in a milk jug with roads that don't get plowed often at night.
    I-80 to Evanston then north is definitely your best bet. Not quite sure what Muted is talking about. You never touch I-15 in Wyoming.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseBrooklyn View Post
    I rode up from SLC yesterday. I took 15 to Idahoe Falls. Then rode in to Jackson this morning. The roads were pretty bad. Chain controls. Took me 3 hours from Idahoe Falls in what should have been a 90min drive.

Saw a big ass Cadillac Escalade on its side in the ditch at the base of Teton Pass.
    90 mins from IF to the Village is ambitious to say the least this time of year. ID roads are a mess, people stuck all over in Victor.

The pass was deep today. (I’m using my phone and don’t know how to post pics) visiting from Alberta and today was worth the drive.