Page 28 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Again says who? You? I'm sure they really appreciate the entitlement that they have to plow you a parking spot. This is the attitude that is going to ruin it for everyone.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by passholer View Post
    Christ fucking Almighty, at least somebody is charging that shit around here. I split for a week, 5 feet of fresh falls and nary a word about awesomeness. Musta sucked balls amirite?
    If we talked today, then a lot of you folks are outta yer league. The force is dizzying with Passholer.

Haha too cold and too deep to stop and take pictures. Breaking trail everywhere, day after day. This is why I live here.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    ^^^

Not a bad idea, but my fear is that if WYDOT does in fact stop plowing the turnouts people are just going to park willy nilly on the road, get the big orange sticker, get a ticket and/or get towed creating even more of a shitshow.

Although not a bad idea to shuttle people back and forth and to have a check-in hut I'm still not sure who would fund it or fund the shuttle services initially to get it off the ground. I'd say we should make Todd and Steve pony up the dough.
    The illegal parking is already happening. Below is a picture of Coal Creek on a Saturday. At least a dozen cars parked illegally, preventing use of the chain removal area, preventing slow vehicles from pulling over, and making it difficult for plow trucks to turn around. Mostly Wy 22 plates.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190209_135409 (1).jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	270551

18/19 Jackson/Targhee/Tetons Thread- Ski the big red one

It’s a numbers game. Time to build another pass road. And complete the Snow King expansion. And add that Cody Bowl rope tow, plus build more affordable housing .... yada yada

The real question is: how can you stop the phenomena of diminishing returns?

More people = more competition for resources, ever climbing prices for real estate, lift tickets, and rent.

I always laughed at the old fuckers who wrote op eds to the News and Guide bemoaning growth, but I’m actually starting to see their side of it.

Dj and I took a couple of laps outside the gates today. We found some pretty good stashes that aren't even "secret". 6 days after the last big storm and still some goods to be had.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuIBs2MA...=1wc75uibq40yf

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

^ Man that looks killer!

Quote Originally Posted by eagleskier View Post
    Dj and I took a couple of laps outside the gates today. We found some pretty good stashes that aren't even "secret". 6 days after the last big storm and still some goods to be had.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuIBs2MA...=1wc75uibq40yf

You guys don’t ski one at a time out there, eh? Just gonna warren miller the shit out of that? Must be full on green around there?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    You guys don’t ski one at a time out there, eh? Just gonna warren miller the shit out of that? Must be full on green around there?
    Its 25 degrees and literally a bump run.
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

I always ski one at a time in the bc. I guess it’s just habit.

Rock Springs is the least interesting terrain outside of JHMR, a few pockets to avoid but in general less steep and more benched out than the inbounds terrain next door. Sees hundreds if not thousands of skiers a day, at low elevation.

It's not Cody/Granite/No Name or even Four Pines.

Ill probably get slid in the Prow tomorrow for saying this.
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGaper View Post
    Its 25 degrees and literally a bump run.
    Haha, when I posted that up I thought about the critique I might get for the two at a time stuff, but I'm kinda with SG on this one. Really, the main point was that I had limited time, so RS was the only real option and it was a lot better conditions than I expected. And as a bonus, Dj showed me a couple of lines that I hadn't hit before.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleskier View Post
    Haha, when I posted that up I thought about the critique I might get for the two at a time stuff, but I'm kinda with SG on this one. Really, the main point was that I had limited time, so RS was the only real option and it was a lot better conditions than I expected. And as a bonus, Dj showed me a couple of lines that I hadn't hit before.

Oh yeah, there are always a few nuggets, and given last week's heat and this week's chill, and ongoing skier compaction, its pretty darned locked up.

And lest anyone gets any ideas- this terrain is accessed from the bottom of the bowl, not the top- if you don't know
    don't go to the Jersey Shore out the top gate.

Or if you don't know, hire Moe, or go slow, or check it from below, or follow Shro.

Skiing is real nice right now. Bowl is chalky with a little duff all around to bank into. Vis on the surface was flattish but mostly predictable turns regardless of actually seeing it. A coupla quick inbounds laps about 50/50 on/off piste were good but avoiding dinks was rapidly an issue by 10:30.
    Met ES and bolted down Ross's slide noticing the left scree zone was full. that's uncommon and smooth as a baby's ass with about 6" of wind talc. Shaved that on lap 3 for the first time in years; it wasn't quite in when I left. Meadow skipping and Fresh turns were way better than tooling around inbounds and we didn't do work for fuck-all. Tits skiing for the 2 lap timeframe we had. The walk on tram didn't suck either.
    Showed him the prow view from below and he said screw the meeting let's go. so we rolled right up to it and sure as shit, the last guy to go by banks under the rope in front of us. Oh well, he who hesitates is last...Easy slide into fat slot for a smooth lap.
    It's all super duper easy terrain.
    Yeah, do not waste yer time in there. Move along.
    Eagle - didja notice the 100's if not 1000's of trax in there? total bump run, caca. Even critiquing a lollygagger like that is WTF? 3-9 inches on chalk.
    fritz - that's why we can ski it easy, lotsa prior skier tracking. And knowing what the fuck is up. I've seen the entire ship's prow face break to the dirt. Not as likely these days but a big windload of 3 feet is still sketchballs.

I agree with the 'Don't Go' thing.

some observations:

IIRC - the remains of Pepi's ski camp ropetow may still be found in the basin of Cody in the summer. Doubt that would ever happen again. I'd go.

Dwarf action, Mmmmmm, that's when the goin' gets good.

On the Pass - People shouldn't be such fuckwits; don't enable them, punish them. We don't revolve around Wydot. More fuckwits. Really addressing the increases on the Pass, has happened in Baby steps. Prolly could be room for everybody if wydot just developed a dedicated lot.

PD's coalcreek moanings: 22 plates don't use chains; slow traffic needing to pull over? I wish they would, WTF...And jesus man everyone knows the pass plow drivers turn around in a parking brake power slide U-bangy.

Luckily, even without pics, HMS managed to throw down some rad stoke in 3 sentences or less. Dig it.

I meant to add: for all incoming mags, coverage is unbelievable right now, almost anything is skiing well. Any aspect, groomed or not inbounds or out. If you live close and are waiting for that good time, well anytime from now on, and snowy days will be fun. I have a few 1/2 off vouchers and 4 under $100 a day tix vouchers for friendlies and burners, etc. SFB, BobMc, Fugitive, LBL, SkiJ, Harry, NoBu, Tali, Nest/Mrs.
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 02-21-2019 at 12:15 AM. Reason: invites

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I meant to add: for all incoming mags, coverage is unbelievable right now, almost anything is skiing well. Any aspect, groomed or not inbounds or out. If you live close and are waiting for that good time, well anytime from now on, and snowy days will be fun.
    Might be there a few days first week in March, will holler your way as plans solidify.

Just booked air, lodging and lift tickets through JH website for my son and me for the week of March 17. Nice $400 air credit and big discount on tickets. Hoping to make some turns with DJ and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    Just booked air, lodging and lift tickets through JH website for my son and me for the week of March 17. Nice $400 air credit and big discount on tickets. Hoping to make some turns with DJ and others.
    Goniff making his triumphant return to JH. Wish I was home to ski with you. Solid A+ mag with a proven nose for pow

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

^^Appreciate the kind words. This is the first trip I have booked more than 3 days in advance in a while so hoping the pow train keeps on rolling!

Next week or so looks like it could be awesome.

Name:  2019-02-21.png
Views: 831
Size:  284.7 KB
    Live Free or Die

It's all unicorns and butterflies.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dan and Lucky Dog 20190217.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	270816

Hell yeah that dog is stoked

So ah, anyone got a couch to surf if I was to roll into town Monday for the night? Got a work junket in Park City starting Tuesday and am skiing w/ a buddy in Utah on Sat and Sunday, but got Monday and Tuesday free and have been jonesing to return to the village. Lived there 20+ yrs ago for the epic '96/'97 winter and only made it back a couple of times since. I would likely drive up super early Monday morning, and then head back down Tuesday after skiing. Would be stoked to meet some current Mag's, make some turns, etc. if it pans out.

Would have to rent a car in SLC, but am seriously contemplating this, especially if the weather pans out as AR posted that forecast discussion. Anyone in SLC wanta drive north?
    Last edited by comish; 02-21-2019 at 05:00 PM.
    He who has the most fun wins!

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Hell yeah that dog is stoked
    He gets a lot of face shots.

Road Gap over the pass

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Anyone else notice the kicker being built on the pass for a road gap? If we're on our last strike with WYDOT it might not be the best idea?
    Check out Tristan Brown's instagram story (tetonbrown on instagram). Looks like him and crazy karl were the ones building the kicker. Don't think they've hit it yet

What kind of dog is that?

A powder hound....

Very cool photo. Is that Howard?