Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1592
    You guys just aren't paying attention to the life forces and energy fields around you to feel the true healing powers of the crystals. you have to believe it to truly harness the power of the crystals.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson hole news and guide
    “People that are clear enough or pay enough attention to their own body can feel the energy of stones,” she said. “They can feel it changed. Everyone’s capable, but not everyone pays attention.”
    the whole article is great! Kemmerer, someone whose family made and still makes money from energy extraction, talking about sustainably sourcing crystals. To Barreras calling Kemmerer a hero for bringing those huge crystals to Jackson. Yea, she probably saved your scamming lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Instead of “life coach”, we’ve got “evolutionary catalyst”.
    Evolutionary catalyst. What in the actual fuck? JHC
    I like this. Taken literally, evolutionary catalyst roughly translates to mass murderer
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

18/19 Jackson/Targhee/Tetons Thread- Ski the big red one

The crystal’s all fat and happy down in Brazil sucking down Caipirinhas, and this damn loonie comes and sustainably harvests it’s ass.

Really, don’t you think it might suck the energy out of it if you yank the thing from Brazil and stick it up at 7000 feet?
    I ain’t going near it, it’s gotta be pissed. If it’s got any energy, it’s negative energy.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I ain’t going near it, it’s gotta be pissed. If it’s got any energy, it’s negative energy.
    Crystal energy---->Ikon pass introduction---->longer liftlines---->upset locals

pretty easy to connect the dots here folks. Those crystals cause liftline congestion.

I had a girlfriend for an afternoon in college named Crystal. That is the limit of my experience with negative energy.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    Crystal energy---->Ikon pass introduction---->longer liftlines---->upset locals

pretty easy to connect the dots here folks. Those crystals cause liftline congestion.
    This is the correct take.

Ya know, I'm in the village a lot, I'm not even sure where that crystal is. In front of the Caldera house? gonna search it out in the am when I go to the PO for the Splat mail. Indeed, Brutah nailed it.

On another ski bum topic... season pass prices are cheapest for the next two weeks, thru Friday the 31st. Anyone gonna spring sale it?

Then it's a chunk o change more, then yet mo.

Spring in Jackson now: Tourists are at about 30% magnitude. Noticeable but not crushing. Yet.

Green all around then white above. Sick mixed mountaineering now ;except its soggy presently.

The new Acl seems to be coming along nicely, so sayeth the PT Maester.

You picked a decent spring to be house bound.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Is the road out to String Lake open? I'm thinking about giving Moran a go on Thursday.

Aenigma - the road is indeed open. snowline is 1000 ft. up or so. Been drizzling for a few days. Hard sayin' how semi-vert snowcover is gonna travel.
    prolly very slushy. Holla if ya need a hand...

yeah rideit - I've def had a few aspects of this knee thang that have turned out pretty positive. End of season, wet spring, being in good shape, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aenigma View Post
    Is the road out to String Lake open? I'm thinking about giving Moran a go on Thursday.
    fuckn mo'ran

Good luck dood, wish I could join. Maybe one day. You waiting to start the fish slaughtering season?

One of the useless rock installations is at the base by the gondi I think. Heard they are $70k each, plus installation. One will need to be heli'd in to its location up the mountain. Connie K is paying out of her pocket. The crystal consultant con artist lady is infamous throughout the village for her tantrums, overblown ego, and abusive behavior towards staff and her travelling companions (at one point almost getting kicked out of hotel for fighting late at night with her son or somebody she was staying with)... but as long as she chants her om mantra she's all good.

There's a big crystal off the Teton Club deck- on the downhill side facing Nick wilson's or whatever they call it these days.
    make sure to rub your knee and butt all over it so you'll heal properly

I jumped on that early season pass price. It will be the 1st time in a dozen or so yrs that I'll have a full pass too, so I look fwd to enjoying more weekdays-woohoo
    It was also worth it to buy now bc it gives summer tram access and we end up going up there a couple times a summer. (weekend pass did not include this in the past)
    And for anyone else that likes the bike park- if you buy now you can add on the bike park pass for $70 which is $130 or 140 if I recall correctly
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    fuckn mo'ran

Good luck dood, wish I could join. Maybe one day. You waiting to start the fish slaughtering season?
    Yeah, the lake is still frozen, so I'm trying to do some extracurricular stuff while we shuffle around here. The skiing in the park is wonderful right now!

Curious about the collective's thoughts on this:

https://buckrail.com/decision-point-...dressing-down/

JACKSON HOLE, WYO — Andrew Richards was sentenced today after pleading guilty to being one of the skiers who ducked a rope back in February with three others—two of which had to be rescued from Granite Canyon the following day.

For Jackson local Richards, 24, it is something he hopes to put behind him but only after issuing a statement to his community. Richards reached out to Buckrail to ask if we would publish his declaration that is part explanation and part apology for what happened.

Perhaps it is old news at this point. But there are lessons to be learned and closure for Richards at any rate. It certainly would be probably be easier for Richards to just let it go to be forgotten by next ski season. But to his credit, he’s offered the following insight into what happened and, more importantly, profound remorse for what he put others members of the community through.

At approximately 3:45 pm on February the 28th, 2019 I made an incredibly impulsive and thoughtless mistake. This lapse in judgment, though only a few seconds in duration, cost hours of time, thousands of dollars, and most importantly put the lives of multiple people in grievous danger.

I chose to duck a boundary and ski next to the rope line that borders Jackson Hole Mountain Resort and Grand Teton National Park. Absolutely never, was it my intention to lead anyone under the rope, let alone Granite Canyon. I was under the impression that my riding companions were taking the Craig’s run to where we would meet at the lower entrance of Saratoga Bowl, as we had discussed before departing from the top of the Teton Chairlift.

Regardless of my intention, the following incident occurred and I take complete and solemn responsibility for the consequences of my action.

After making a handful of turns on the other side of the rope, I re-entered the resort onto Craigs. I looked back up the trail expecting to see my three companions making their way down the slope. As I had never skied with Ruth or Natalie and was not aware of their abilities, I paused to make sure they were doing ok.

Moments later, I watched as Ruth rode towards me, adjacent to the rope, and re-enter onto Craigs as I had done. It was at this moment that I realized Ruth had followed me under the rope and Joe and Natalie had potentially followed as well. After waiting for 2-3 minutes with no sign of the other two, I knew something had gone terribly wrong. Ruth and I made our way to the bottom, briefly stopping at the lower entrance of Saratoga Bowl, hoping that Joe and Natalie had skied ahead of us or taken a different trail to our rendezvous point.

Upon reaching the base I was able to make voice contact with Natalie from my cell phone. I asked if she knew where she was, to which she replied, “No, I think we are lost”.

Understanding both the severity of the avalanche danger & the terrain in which they must have entered, I immediately told Natalie not to move and for her to direct Joe to do the same. I then asked Natalie to send me her GPS coordinates, how much battery life remained on her phone, and to describe the steepness of their surroundings (relative to an in-bounds run). I then reiterated for them not to move and that I was going to Ski Patrol with the information they had given me.

I went directly to the Ski Patrol Station at the base of the Cody House where I turned myself in and provided as much information as I possibly could to aid the rescue effort. The rest of the narrative you will know from the official reports.

I was aware that having broken the law, I could face legal punishment, lose my job, and my employee housing as a result. However, I was determined to expeditiously rectify my poor decision with a series of decisive actions and absolute transparency, the result of which I prayed would save my companions.

It is unlikely I can ever fully express both my gratitude and sincere remorse towards every person involved with the incident. I feel completely blessed that my friends are alive and no rescue personnel were harmed during the arduous and courageous rescue. I would like to apologize to the Park Service and Ski Patrol of JHMR for wasting their valuable time and resources. I would like to apologize to Ruth, Natalie, Joe and their families, to whom I have caused undue stress and broken trust. I would like to apologize to the community of Jackson, where I know avalanche fatalities hit close to home every year. Most importantly, I apologize to the Grand Teton National Park Rangers who risked their lives for the sake of others on behalf of my stupidity.

I will never forget the moment, two weeks following the incident, when I saw Ranger Schuster enjoying a concert in the town square with his family. Amidst recalling the wonderful experiences I shared with my own father, it became profoundly apparent that the ripple effect of my action could have taken away a lifetime of these moments from another.

I have been advised by many to seek legal counsel and fight these charges in court as the others accused have chosen to do. However, it seems to me this would only waste further time and valuable public resources, of which I have spent enough already. I feel that it would be in the best interest of the community to take responsibility for my actions and live with knowledge I did everything in my power to right my wrong.

For these reasons I plead guilty to both Violation of Emergency Boundary Closure 36 CFR 1.5 (f) & Disorderly Conduct – Creation of a Hazardous Condition 36 CFR 2.34 (a)(4). It is my hope that this experience and whatever penalty I may face serves as a warning to others going forward. —Andrew Richards.

I don't live in Jackson but it seems like a coherent and well though out apology.

^yup, good on this guy for owning up to his shit. Doesn't make it right but it takes balls to come out and make a statement like that.

I would consider him for a job based on that. It shows remarkable integrity in this day and age.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Made a mistake and took full responsibility, respect him for that.

Devil's advocate here for a moment...

We can assume that wasn't a court ordered apology, right? That's sometimes part of a plea deal.

He's not a local afaik, not a critical factor but it does help.

Some things don't jibe for me: Who ducks a rope with 3 others and doesn't realize they also went under? As lesser skiers, he should have said don't follow me. This is SOP in JH.

I would have sent person 2 to the rendezvous point and myself, hiked back up the crags run and started the wheels turning right then at the SP shack at the top of Teton lift.

As I understood it, they were not very far downslope. I would not expect scared tourists to save themselves. But this guy and some trollers might have had better luck.

I see this as shit happens to Ikoners. kidding, had to say that...

There was quite a bit of talk about this then; stop treating search and rescue like you're putting them out and endangering them unduly. Which has merits in a debate, but...it's what they do because they choose to.

That "OMG, you put others in danger" spiel only goes so far. This county did just fine prior to the JH SAR creation. Back when people took care of themselves, or well, they just croaked. Wyomingites are not fond of handholding.

Ultimately I am conflicted on this; I wanna say way to man up, but frankly, I can't hardly get past his initial boneheadedness.

I take people OB regularly and am very specific on what to do/ not do. And I am not without foibles and mistakes out there.
    I take it seriously as I know the lethality of the Dark Side. And in a fat February, it looks way more doable than usual from the Teton lift.

When the lift went in, local GC skiers warned against just this type of incident happening; the soft boundary is barely enough and the ropeline poaching started almost immediately.

And to most locals, this incident was nothing to write home about. Just another day in the life.

Contrarily, if he wrote that of his own accord, then that's more than 99% of folks around here would have done...That is indeed worthy.

$3 thou in fines +
    Probably $2 thou to find a lawyer to write a dumb boilerplate letter of idiocy/apoligy +
    = Bragging rights: Priceless

the response to his letter seems to be positive, and that's good for teton bc skiers in general. this incident happened around the same time as the skier-triggered slide on twin slides that blocked the road, after multiple days of natural avalanche closures that already had commuters understandably stressed out, and I believe that reports of this rope-ducking incident played into the narrative of selfish skiers fucking everyone else over. it seemed like the conversation about skier access on teton pass went from 0-100 real quick. I know it's been a conversation for years, but still...many idaho commuters and wydot staff DGAF about skiers and would have no problem with harsh rules like blocking access to the north side of Teton Pass under considerable conditions (which would be way harsh in my opinion). a well-written and well-received apology has to be positive for community relations and coexistence.

now if only we could get snow sheds for teton pass on the SPET ballot instead of senior living centers, rec center expansions, and however else we blow 70 mil over a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by LesterSmoove View Post
    the response to his letter seems to be positive, and that's good for teton bc skiers in general. this incident happened around the same time as the skier-triggered slide on twin slides that blocked the road, after multiple days of natural avalanche closures that already had commuters understandably stressed out, and I believe that reports of this rope-ducking incident played into the narrative of selfish skiers fucking everyone else over. it seemed like the conversation about skier access on teton pass went from 0-100 real quick. I know it's been a conversation for years, but still...many idaho commuters and wydot staff DGAF about skiers and would have no problem with harsh rules like blocking access to the north side of Teton Pass under considerable conditions (which would be way harsh in my opinion). a well-written and well-received apology has to be positive for community relations and coexistence.

now if only we could get snow sheds for teton pass on the SPET ballot instead of senior living centers, rec center expansions, and however else we blow 70 mil over a few years.

Agree with all of that but mostly last line of 1st paragraph.
    Regardless of his reason, if existence remains mellow, then good. A kneejerk response from the resort would not be unheard of.

This town can burn through money as if Old Faithful was gonna super-explode tomorrow.

Not a ton of successful braggarts around the village. Silence is golden.
    That guy is still in transient local mode. Easy money for any local attorney.

And oh yeah, MudSeason!!!!!

I'm with bobby. Did they follow him, and then Andrew said, "psych!" and snuck back in?

[threaddrift] crosspost from Work or Lack- a webdev opportunity at my company, can be in Victor, JHish or SLCish. link [/threaddrift]
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's