Page 45 of 64 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1592
    Yeah, let's amend the usual approach.

I'm anxious to ski so:
    1. Try to be on first box for speed laps top to bottom for an hour. Or -
    2. Meet at Casper restaurant, inside near the fireplace at 10 +/- . Or -
    3. " " " " " 11.

Ask for change...Or Pm me early, text if ya got the digis.

Sure would like to ski with the Baby Bear.

I’ll plan on being there. It would be great to get to ski with b bear too.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Had a couple good cold groomer runs with Djongo, Goniff and his boy today. Snow finally softened after noon.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5156.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	238.8 KB 
ID:	274564Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5157.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	246.6 KB 
ID:	274565Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5161.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	242.5 KB 
ID:	274566

- I am here for the stoke

Met up with Goniff, his son and Bruce SS for a bunch of speed groomers waiting for the corn to kick. Good fun and much verts with minimal traffic.

G & son were waiting on the tramdock first in line waiting for me. Well done gents. BSS made the first box too so we had an excellent opportunity to ski the refrozen ocean in rendezvous bowl. That was todays litmus test. You two just got busy and put it behind you. Pass.
    Bruce just brought it like it was frozen butter, unconcerned.

Mached out a few Sublettes with almost no impedance from skiers, finally a quiet sunday morning. Pretty much banged out every big racy groomer at everyones preferred speed. The east coasters were going all in and ripping turns, son got pretty comfy real quick and was digging it, Pops, just maching them out. Excellent pace and BSS running drag on us kept it tight for the new guys. I expect we skied about 20-25k of vert in a few hours without getting too winded. Fun day guys, ski ya again asap.

Funny story about Talk is cheap.
    Rick.

That sounds precisely like the testosterone filled days of Koch. Setting a standard for quite a while on the board amongst the tittaaaaayz. Ever hear the story about the Moran debacle?
    - - - - - - - - - - - --
    Like Swerve, I too have some 1/2 off vouchers available to interested mags; 3 to be exact, unless Baby bear used one. Which is fine, btw.
    I also have 4 $86 discount cards. These are all for the village, JHMR.

Then there are the 4 buyone/get ones for Snow king, including nightskiing.

But then there are still yet, the 3 2fer1's at Grand Targhee too!, yeah, from April 1 thru the 14th, closing day methinks; Howzabout you Kelly Canyon kids come over for a hootenanny?

Oh and the cards come with a 2for1 pint at grand Teton Brewing on mon./weds. for the ride home. Hush.

Snow today was firm corning to choice by about 1. Aspect and elevation key to best slope per lap. Bonecrushing fast to start. Minor concerns at mach schnell when grooming is less than flawless. It was 96% smooth though. Transition on Laramie's Interstate 85 could seat you going 50-60 mph. Amazing physics in this sport.

LPR's back in rotation tomorrow, maybe DH215 on weds. Crowds appear to be dwindling. Hope the Ikon has blown it's load.

Planting a seed here.
    Finally, How does a mag get together two sundays from today sound? It's the next to last sunday of the season, march 31. Depending upon interest, we can lollygag and goof, rip around all day or just meet for an hour to mingle at the summit, Casper, wherever. Encourage all regionals too, SLC, SV/BOI, BS/BB, DEN, etc. We have tons of coverage, there will be no lack of snow...Prolly a few beds/couches to be wrangled if needs.

Damn, Bruce, you guys went to A1? Fucking sweet; and Youngern waiting above the crux for Pops? Noice...
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 03-17-2019 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Alta1 lovin

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Yeah, let's amend the usual approach.

We are anxious for you to comebacl and ski Big Sky so:
    1. Try to be on first tram for summit laps. Or -
    2. Meet at the Burrito Shack at 10 +/- . Or -
    3. Meet at Challenger and do laps once it is corned up.
    Come back to Big Sky and bring Baby Bear (we will work to keep the situation proper).

Great skiing with Djongo and Bruce Springskiin today. Great guides! After Bruce left we hooked up with Marty and friends for a couple more laps, some beers and grilled pork products at the bench and then some reggae under the tram. Hobacks were sweet this afternoon. Tried to get a shot of Djongo but he's too fast!

Liam

Bruce Springskiin

Lots of characters out today

Lovin the views here

Is this right? Jackson's projected closing date is April 7th? WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    Is this right? Jackson's projected closing date is April 7th? WTF!
    The official eff the locals/season pass holder policy.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    The official eff the locals/season pass holder policy.
    They're bound by the USFS to close around then every year to protect wildlife migration. Nothing new...

Actually, that's the SOP at the village.

It was the first Saturday in Dec., thru the first sunday of april, for decades.
    16 weeks.
    They have tried a little earlier opening and a little later closing. neither really pay off. We tend to start slow with snow until mid December and usually few people still coming out after beginning of april.

Being butted up against GTNP is a factor in the Environmental impacts felt in the spring by emerging wildlife, as well.

3 weeks left to ski JH.

They stayed open 2 weeks late one year.
    No one but locals. Realized their mistake and never did it again!
    . . .

Not quite stoke, but did most of the Middle yesterday. Snow's weird, not quite into the corn cycle up high.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LRG_DSC06586.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	213.8 KB 
ID:	274685

Bad snow meant we had to down-climb the top quarter of the couloir but still a fun day out.

[QUOTE=Djongo Unchained;5624425]

Planting a seed here.
    Finally, How does a mag get together two sundays from today sound? It's the next to last sunday of the season, march 31. Depending upon interest, we can lollygag and goof, rip around all day or just meet for an hour to mingle at the summit, Casper, wherever. Encourage all regionals too, SLC, SV/BOI, BS/BB, DEN, etc. We have tons of coverage, there will be no lack of snow...Prolly a few beds/couches to be wrangled if needs.
    /QUOTE]

Holler if this happens. Up with the family next week M-F. Kids are in high school and rip pretty good so no issues there. Supposed to leave on Saturday the 30th, but you never know. If there was an gathering... Hoping for one last snowyish week to help soften things up.

Never been to JHMR before. Easy drive from Front Range but never pulled the trigger. Fucking IKON...
    Last edited by beece; 03-18-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Ikon, avalanches, and now this: Grizzlies are now waking up in the GTNP

Spring Break!!!

Out early for speed laps before the people showed. Groomers first thing were like Super G courses. Perfect, smooth, grippy and vacant. As fast as you could bear to go. And it would appear, that the 'Ikon't ski that' gangbang has fallen off dramatically.
    The 1st gen Legend Pro Riders were making out furiously with the Lange RX 130's today. A fella couldn't ask for more control with such subtle input from a rig. LPR's were really fun bashing bumps on Moran Face with Goniff and the lad. Fuck, Kokomas, that dude can ski. You guys prolly raced...

Looking at temps in the teens overnight and 40's for corn action. High pressure for days. Spring has sprung, so prep for that, incoming mags. Lots of you to ski with for like, 2 weeks, phew...
    Tix- $158, then $143 this weekend, then $129 till the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Planting a seed here.
    Let's make this happen. I'm likely gone this weekend so two weeks will be perfect.

I'm out of half off coupons but if anyone is coming to visit send me a PM and I try to round up more coupons.

I have five half offs left. I can drop them with djongo before I leave on Saturday. Let me know if it helps.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Shoutout to snapt for offering to run laps with this JONG and show me the ropes this past weekend. He had to go into work so I ran laps charging groomers at Jackson all day Friday and then took the new touring setup out on Forest Road with a 47lbs pack to go backpacking. Snow was awful.. loose granular all the way, wouldn't pack down at all so I couldn't pitch a tent. Skied back down and slept in my truck that night. Saturday I opted to snowshoe up a more bare hill in the same area and had no problem pitching a tent and enjoying the clear weather.

Awesome to be back in the Tetons in the winter for once. Psyched to finally get some clear winter Tetons shots and starry night sky shots. I'll for sure try to meet up with some of y'all next time I come out from Denver. Would love to bring my camera out on the mountain for some action shots.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2841-HDR-EditfxSmall.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	274850Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1557fx-2small.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	274851Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2439fx-2small.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	274852
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2964-EditfxSmall.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	274853   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2002.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	850.3 KB 
ID:	274855  
    Last edited by SmellyRandy; 03-18-2019 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lindenle View Post
    I have five half offs left. I can drop them with djongo before I leave on Saturday. Let me know if it helps.

That'd be sweet as a few peeps have already been after mine, which is good. And very generous of you, I should add. PM incoming...

But mostly, eight posts in 4+ years... I gotta meet you now!

Just look for the guy behind you in the ugly wyoming colors jhole hat.

P.s. how was that caramel?

I am now laughing my ass off. Fuck me...

Lookout Girdwood, incoming youse bitches.

Coming in HOT!

Another beauty of a day with warmer temps, clearer skies and the corn harvest starting sooner. Couldn't ask for a better corn day.

Great skiing with DJ again and many thanks for the waffle at Corbets! DJ knows the mountain like the back of his hand. Thanks for taking us to the goods!

DJ ripping the soft corn on the Moran Face

Later on we hooked up with Marty and crew, skied the chutes off Sublette and Thunder chairs and apres beers at Kokomas's pad. Missing you Koko! Tower 3 Chute was chalky goodness.

Thanks Marty for the Thai Plate tip. Duck noodle soup. Yum!

I found an extra 1/2 off voucher I didn’t know we had....if anyone needs one. Thought we unloaded em all.

Torn meniscus for me. Snow sliding done for the year.