Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    I like seeing this video again too bc it has our beloved old dog, Willie, who passed away 2 yo

anyone see one of the posters in the garage that I asked Jeremy Nobis to sign as "Still Nobis" jajaja
    very nice, vid. i'm sorry to hear about willie.

Sent from my SM-J727V using TGR Forums mobile app

The mrs and I are on the road now. Arriving in town tomorrow and sliding on snow Friday. We will be around through 1/5 - if anybody wants to make turns, give me a shout! So pumped to be back, love les Tetons...

Lots of rocks popping up. Major runs are getting scraped clean.

It's been SSS lately - Sunday Ski with S'Django so hope to see our latest visitors for what looks like some excellent storm skiing
    https://forecast.weather.gov/product...n=1&glossary=1

Saturday night is also the storm show movie showing at Snow King- always a fun time and is more local
    https://stormshow.com/
    skid luxury

Feels like 8000' is a notable division between fat and bony, at least on the pass and general area. In the low elevation world, there's a lot of facets and not much else. Above 8 there's still buried surface hoar and nsfx, but not much of a slab on top of them, so no consistent propagation, except in crucial spots like Broken Branch etc. Sounds like we should tune up our avalanche eyeballs if we get an inch of SWE as predicted for Saturday into Sunday.

Sent from my SM-A600A using TGR Forums mobile app

Skied w/TFT and the special lady friend today. Good skiing if not a bit firm. And busy.

Pushed hard early for laps before the crowd. R bowl was testy to start with a skiff of cold dry sticky as hell in the troughs. Subsequent trams treated us to excellent carvy chalk as we trolled for more hashed underfoot.

Cheyenne woods, Sub laps, a few ganjalas, Casper laps and a Teton lap for measure. Fun but ready for some weather.

I do enjoy skiing with Baby Bear. Solid all arounder methinks: Skis strong, giggles and very safety conscious.

We plan on first box sunday so meet us! Also shooting for the 6 showing of DM's movie...

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    It's been SSS lately - Sunday Ski with S'Django so hope to see our latest visitors for what looks like some excellent storm skiing
    https://forecast.weather.gov/product...n=1&glossary=1

Saturday night is also the storm show movie showing at Snow King- always a fun time and is more local
    https://stormshow.com/
    All in for both of those.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Feels like 8000' is a notable division between fat and bony, at least on the pass and general area. In the low elevation world, there's a lot of facets and not much else. Above 8 there's still buried surface hoar and nsfx, but not much of a slab on top of them, so no consistent propagation, except in crucial spots like Broken Branch etc. Sounds like we should tune up our avalanche eyeballs if we get an inch of SWE as predicted for Saturday into Sunday.

Spot on IMO, small pockets that can pop and take you into bad places seem to be the thing to strongly avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    We plan on first box sunday so meet us!
    I'll plan to get out there early on Sunday.

Fun day on the south side of the pass! 4 laps on different aspects and elevations.

Would definitely stay lower angle and away from convex features - had some cracks propagate several feet cutting across a NE aspect, and a big wumpf mid turn on a SW aspect.

Lots of tracks and large groups out today, but there’s still bottomless and fresh turns to be had our there. My love affair with the Tetons continues...

A few pics from today!

“Crying for some pow”
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2191.JPG 
Views:	146 
Size:	325.6 KB 
ID:	262019

Best snow of the day.

Name:	IMG_2197.JPG 
Views:	158 
Size:	257.7 KB 
ID:	262021

Name:	IMG_2196.JPG 
Views:	156 
Size:	277.3 KB 
ID:	262022

Pow Day!
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Off work at 745 in Star Valley tomorrow AM, hoping to be at the Ghee 11. The pow stake is going bonkers tonight! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktPv...ature=youtu.be

What a day. JHMR needs to start paying Djongo and BBear for their guiding services.

Djongo - thanks for the morning, one for the record books. I agree with your claim that we had the best morning out of everybody on the mountain. L is fired up and we are both in the tram line early tomorrow.

Bbear - such a blast skiing with your crew. Couldn’t ask for a better group to ski with. Apres brews were killer too...

storm skiing yesterday is better appreciated now after last nights wind show.
    wind pack on anything exposed . 10k ski tix today..busy busy .. i will we touring the pass tomorow
    happy new year!

Pretty quiet in Mail Cabin. Deep for sure, and a bit cracky where the wind hit. But where the wind didn't hit...ha!

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    What a day. JHMR needs to start paying Djongo and BBear for their guiding services.

Djongo - thanks for the morning, one for the record books. I agree with your claim that we had the best morning out of everybody on the mountain. L is fired up and we are both in the tram line early tomorrow.

Bbear - such a blast skiing with your crew. Couldn’t ask for a better group to ski with. Apres brews were killer too...
    If the locals are still braving the holiday crowds, any chance I could join in on these groups starting Wednesday?

Well hell, another funday of pow with TFT and his Special lady friend. After he and I had a great am yesterday we 3 just did OB laps today puttering around in shin to kneedeep for miles. Easy adventures in the sidecountry...

Honestly I bet we connected 15 miles of boottop pow. And then some deeper too. I got stalled in a hip deep drift for lack of speed and fall line, oooof!

Had a perfect front flip to burial, getting jacked on a hidden rock. Still low tide out there. Fun...

Mrs. TFT impressed me today, skiing in good but challenging deep pow. It's good to see someone who wants to get better, actually try, and show results in a day. Solid.

For the number of tourists, trams were pretty quick. prolly 2 car wait max. Heard yesterday was the record skier day at 10,300.

Passholer's assessment was spot on regarding snow changes.
    Folks on the first box were amped for more of yesterday but no, not without some advanced looking. We worked many aspects today finding deep windblown pockets all over. The wind escalation and directional shift was something.

Swerve - we missed ya the other morning, Looked hard in the maze and after the dock loaded to see if you were on Box2. Knew if you were there, you were gonna want to bust a move anyway. See ya at next chance.

Skeeze - pm me and we can try and connect for some laps...

Hiked up and over Glory today, skied some great SW facing shots above Coal Creek. NW shots in the same area were wind hammered with punchy snow and difficult to ski.

Had the place to ourselves. Got a hell of a workout breaking trail up there! Hope somebody gets to reuse our skin track... Plenty of knee deep settled pow on the SW pitches that skied fast.

Loved the powder skiing, but that high speed luge track exiting out of Coal Creek was a friggin hoot too!

Great day in the resort. Casper Bowl and the Crags opened, so I lapped that all day. A bit wind affected, but I didn’t cross many tracks.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Had a perfect front flip to burial, getting jacked on a hidden rock. Still low tide out there. Fun...
    Happily traversing along, cracking jokes, and bam, over the handle bars! Impressive flip for such slow speed. Looked like a bomb crater after you dug yourself out.

super fun skiing & meeting the fortrees - the kid can ski!!

been fun holidaze and the temps have kept the crowds manageable.
    I'm back to work and back to weekend warrior'ing so Djongo has to handle the weekday tours

more snow coming saturday too woot woot
    skid luxury

Finally heading back to the hole this winter after 2 winters away. So stoked to see all the old homies. Hostel bound come Feb 17th!

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Yo mang! Check yer emails. Peace.

It is low tide in Jackson ho.

The snow depth is from 6" to prolly 4 or 5 ft. depending. Because we're that 'cold all the time' place, what little snow we've had has stayed in good shape and we've not lost much.
    About 115" have fallen since opening day, average is low 90's, last year below ave. at 70.

So there's a lot of brush skiing going on. FWIW the snow is really good as the cold temps pulled moisture and the carvy chalk and crud make for solid training laps. Skied prolly 80k vert w/ thefortrees this past week. Many soft laps, speeders and more bumps than I've skied in a while. One of the best ski sesh's of the season. Ski ya and the Mrs. at BBI19...

Looks like a wave on sun/mon, then again thu/fri. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Oh yeah, the caliber of skier on the hill today was generally shite. I swear some of those folks were completely oblivious to their surroundings. It's just soul crushing to see the pussification of Teton village.

Fortunately, Mother Nature never fails me. Time to burn...

I may be hitting Jackson on the way to a wedding in early March. Have the Ikon pass.

Here’s my question does the lift ticket now include the Tram - or is that a separate cost like it used to be years ago?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.