Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1592

18/19 Jackson/Targhee/Tetons Thread- Ski the big red one

Finally ran into BBear, Django, and others at the top of the world this afternoon, I’ll make a meet up one of these days...

Laws of men don’t apply to the mountains or the sea, when nature takes over to decide ones fate, everyone is an equal in the battle of life and death.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

super fun spring ski day with my fellow mags -swerve, x-tine, djongo, sharp and skijunky05
    showing up at 11am was the call. fun to enjoy the sunshine and a beer with everyone
    then running into Skibrd while relaxing at corbet's was an excellent addition. and we even had a supergaper sighting in tram line

slush hunting with djongo & sharp. t'was excellent slushy bumps and sharp killed it 'specially for a guy from sea level
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cwpXKrCzTEebSelGogpzUQ.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	276674

more tracks on cody/ talk lines today too....
    skid luxury

Hey now, thanks to BBear, Skijunky, Swerve, Xtine, and Shaaarrp for coming out for laps.
    Excellent corn and soft bumps, slush turns for both Colter ridges and fun in R bowl, finally. Partying was done, beers were drank, fun had.

Had a drive-by from Supergaper - glad to see you my friend.
    Brief intro to Skibrd before he sets sail for the off-seasons. Stay safe, mag.
    Ski ya next winter.

Partying and skiing with the SW MT crew for a few days this week on their hill. Then back for 4 days to finish the season. Been an interesting one for sure.

You can bet marketing is jonesing to put the season total over the 500" mark. 5" to go, with one week left.\\

Ed: yeah CS, the Wiggle has become a phenomenon unto itself. And it's pretty impressive at the moment, maybe 3-6' deep and real whippy after the midpoint.
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 03-31-2019 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    You can bet marketing is jonesing to put the season total over the 500" mark. 5" to go, with one week left.
    and weather is soo close the next week too. some snow but probably gonna be tough to get those last 5". maybe not tho- cold the next couple days
    https://www.mountainweather.com/jack...hole-forecast/
    skid luxury

Laws of men don’t apply to the mountains or the sea, when nature takes over to decide ones fate, everyone is an equal in the battle of life and death.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums[/QUOTE]

When you are riding on the ragged edge, that tiny edge between life and death, small things become huge things, the smallest detail screams out for your attention, your focus becomes needle sharp... you take in everything that matters and that is what takes you to the highest level of existence.

Jackson helps you get there simply by being.

Name:	IMG_1404.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	343.8 KB 
ID:	276691

If I hadn’t run into the crew at Corbets today, that picture would of been the best thing that happened today. High five to whoever made it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ha, did Media310 make that?

Big ups to the crew for the meetup yesterday-thanks for being so welcoming, positive and happy to spread the local knowledge to a lowly jong like myself. Also, thanks for the secret spots, safety meetings and patience with a east coast skier trying to keep up!

Most of my ski days tend to be solo so to have the opportunity to explore the mountain and talk with some true rippers and legends is a big treat

To say I had a blast would be an understatement of epic proportions! Special thanks to Djongo for organizing and showing me the ropes during my stay.

Looking forward to the next meetup!

It was great getting together with everyone yesterday. Fun to rip around in perfect spring conditions. Looking forward to one last weekend of lift served fun.
    The tracks on Cody was another ski base by a buddy of mine.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BvseJnMF...=1g3sv1b6l52we

I hear that rain and snow are coming the next few days. Anyone think it's worth coming across several states for that forecast? Thanks.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Ikonic skiing today!

Ran into perhaps the most well dressed gaper/best skier on the hill

Name:	IMG_3345.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	287.0 KB 
ID:	276794

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda. View Post
    I hear that rain and snow are coming the next few days. Anyone think it's worth coming across several states for that forecast? Thanks.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    What? Yeah.

Was that a serious question or....

Good day today. Hard then soft by 10:30. Not much to get on about inbounds. Tbh, I saw Cody and just wanted to do that. One more then off to the pass. I'd say more, but it's not my turf so I'll leave it at that.

I gotta commend you all on knowing exactly how to not bother me on lifts. I could always use a lot more shutting the fuck up out there. Very nice. Don't talk to the guy in the green jacket. I'm old. I'm tired. I'm high. Where's the local rub and tug?

Ask a Moldovan Taxi driver...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Ask a Moldovan Taxi driver...
    My grandma said the same thing.

Yesterday was great. It was a lot quieter than I thought it would be.

We made a bunch of Ikon passes and handed them out. They were a hit.

Name:	C3678C39-FAEE-41E1-BDCD-6D16AA0E48DA.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	743.3 KB 
ID:	276914

It must be spring. This guy was enjoying Gaper Day festivities. He must have been on clean up crew:

Name:	3474FC40-53A8-457E-905C-740C6F7B0A69.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	363.4 KB 
ID:	276915
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

The Ikon passes were a blast yesterday! Thanks for making those.

Yesterday on the lift I heard an unverified rumor from a JHMR employee who knows some higher ups that the Grand Pass will possibly come with some Ikon benefits this year to keep the locals happy.

Looks like the squeaky wheel gets some grease!

The Aspen pass is now coming with Ikon Base Benefits, so the rumor could be true: https://www.aspensnowmass.com/plan-y...-passes/passes

Rumors confirmed. No more weekend pass, Grand pass is 1469 (70 increase) and comes with base Ikon. I'm appeased (everyone has a price and free skiing at Aspen is mine), but I have a pretty lenient workplace so can ski midweek a decent amount so would go that route anyways, but it'll be interesting to see the reactions around town. I suspect there are a bunch of weekend warriors bumming out.

https://www.jacksonhole.com/season-pass.html
    Live Free or Die

Popped my Jackson Hole cherry this morning...anything off-piste seemed pretty terrible, but groomers were okay. A few north-ish aspects seemed promising, so hoping to find a bit of soft stuff this PM. Was snowing pretty hard up top before lunch, so crossing my fingers for a bit more gnar tomorrow.

It looks like the rec centre is currently closed? If one had a sore neck and was looking to find his way into a hot tub in either Jackson or the village, any recommendations? Don't mind paying for the privelege, but I've also been known to follow bathrobed keyholders into some of the most luxurious resort spas in my Great White North homeland...

Black pants, Brown/green jacket, black helmet if anyone wants to adopt a stray...happy to buy some beers if anyone wants to go for a few laps tomorrow

I've been a w/e warrior pass purchaser for the last several yrs so this will be a change
    but it almost makes me happier to get a full pass bc then I don't think overthink it if I have a slow morning or afternoon at the office. Since andrew is a JH athlete he could always get me a mid-week comp pass but then I'd have to plan ahead yada yada which I am not excellent at

remember when they used to do a mid-week only pass too?
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post

remember when they used to do a mid-week only pass too?
    The True Shredder?
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Rumors confirmed. No more weekend pass, Grand pass is 1469 (70 increase) and comes with base Ikon.
    Still unsure how I feel about this but leaning towards GFY JHMR. Wouldn’t want locals working m-f 9-5 keeping town running to clog up the lifts...

True it maybe nice to save some money when visiting friends. But it is often hard to get out of the hole, and only to visit another overrun ikonic resort, meh.

Looks like less of we want listen to the locals and more they want to ram ikon down our throats. Ikon-o-pop

- I am here for the stoke

Mary Kate wrote me a letter.
    Not a love letter, but not a Dear John.

I think she wants an open relationship.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Mary Kate wrote me a letter.
    Not a love letter, but not a Dear John.

I think she wants an open relationship.
    did she offer you $200 too?
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Rumors confirmed. No more weekend pass, Grand pass is 1469 (70 increase) and comes with base Ikon. I'm appeased (everyone has a price and free skiing at Aspen is mine), but I have a pretty lenient workplace so can ski midweek a decent amount so would go that route anyways, but it'll be interesting to see the reactions around town.

https://www.jacksonhole.com/season-pass.html
    Hell yeah! That really levels the playing field.

Something tells me that the Alta-Bird pass is about to include the Ikon Base pass as well. No way JHMR could be the only one to score such a sweet concession from our Ikon overlords.