Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1592
    Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    jesus fucking christ u people sure bitch alot for living in a place so rad u never want to leave........or post a single stoked out picture. the pass is a shitshow, the village is full of gaping visitors and wahhhhhh more people have jacksomn access next year. what a bunch of wankers. djongo must be outta town cuz hes the only thing resembling stoke u guys have here. thread fail!!!!
    This is the interwebs! We have a right to complain!

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    the irony is that the people b*tching the most in the last few pages do not even live here

and I've been known to post some mediocre stoke
    That’s excellent. I’m now thinking of changing my name to Mediocre Stoke. At the least I should start a band so that can be an album title.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    jesus fucking christ u people sure bitch alot for living in a place so rad u never want to leave........or post a single stoked out picture. the pass is a shitshow, the village is full of gaping visitors and wahhhhhh more people have jacksomn access next year. what a bunch of wankers. djongo must be outta town cuz hes the only thing resembling stoke u guys have here. thread fail!!!!

Thank You, I appreciate that.

And yes, I was in Big sky for a coupla days.

I love to ski. It's my life, for better or worse.

please take your out of town IKUNT and take it to the IKON page. fuck off thread killing free grazers.

On another note, here's Powder's piece with Homemadesalsa, good stuff!
    https://www.powder.com/stories/lynne...MWKj-3QDOP_qx4

^^^^ the real stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by vegas View Post
    Have you been to Revelstoke?

I finally got to ski JH on a powder day this year. It was awesome even with the crowds. I've always wanted to hit it up on a powder day since I was a kid. Went the last two years and only was worth 1 day due to snow conditions.

Went to Revelstoke for the first time this year. It is now on my list for a powderday. Place is rad with good snow and "groomed". I would definitely leave JH to RS for a powder day at RS. One could get ~6000 ft run at RS. From my experience skiing in Canada, the crowds are most often non-existent. Although internet rumors are RS can get socked with people.
    Pow days at Revy are interesting, b/c the hill is very bottlenecked with one long snake top to bottom (and a side chair that you can only access from the very top, though I think a new little lift is coming next season to improve it's access.

I skied 5 days in a row last year - the day it snowed a foot was my least favourite, but I'm also just a grumpy SOB when it comes to waiting in any line-up (also applies to grocery store, concerts, theme parks, etc.). The other days I skied untracked trees all day and skied onto every lift...the big snow day had a couple of epic runs when catching rope drops, but otherwise the whole hill tracked out pretty fast, including the spots I'd had to myself all week.

They're totally apples and oranges, but JH has 2500 inbound acres, Revy has 3000 (though the bottom 1000 are rarely anything special). But try to wrap your head around this - all that area at Revy is basically served by two HS quads that you'll never wait more than a minute for (outside of Xmas and 10"+ days) . The inbounds magic really happens when you string together several days in a row of 1-3 inches

magic really happens when you string together several days in a row of 1-3 inches
    That’s what she said.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Did somebody say stoke!?

Spring skiing was good early this week!

Skied the gut of Glory on Saturday because I'm a wuss and only ski the gut of anything on the pass late in the spring when I really trust the snowpack. Great, soft turns all the way down, and the dog freaking loved it.

Skied the Poop Chute on Taylor in perfect corn on Sunday:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LRG_DSC07298.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	367.5 KB 
ID:	277203

Then wandered out the back of the Ghee Tuesday. Turns out Brattains was still pow, could air the cornice as deep into the gut as you wanted, sweet turns throughout, and then Steve Baugh was also excellent, almost powder skiing at the top.

So the dream is still alive out here!

Hum... sounds like I’m going to get the chance to check out Revi next winter.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    That’s excellent. I’m now thinking of changing my name to Mediocre Stoke. At the least I should start a band so that can be an album title.
    to be fair I borrowed that verbiage from the padded seats alpental crew. it's also very mediocre there
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    ...So to repeat why would one want to leave here to go elsewhere ?...
    Well, some JH guy named Owen Leeper seemed to have fun at a different IKON resort. See:

and see:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BvqEydlnHeA/

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    That’s what she said.

Did she really?

I'm no mathematician but this doesn't seem to add up imho.
    Last edited by raisingarizona13; 04-04-2019 at 01:59 PM.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    Well, some JH guy named Owen Leeper seemed to have fun at a different IKON resort. See:

and see:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BvqEydlnHeA/

RaD StokE

looks like the mountain allowed them 1st tracks before it opened- or that was usually closed terrain; pretty radical size cliffs for an open face
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Here, let me stoke yer fires...

Whilst playing with the Big Sky crew, I managed to explode my ACL, and a partial tear on the lateral meniscus and the MCL. I did ski down the North Summit snowfield and some other dicey chutes to the hut for a Gorilla Glue sesh cuz' I wasn't getting no rescue.Then sketchball one footed to the base, and a 3 hr. drive home.

But it happened at the end of the season, Hooray!!!!!!!

Surgery commences next week.

First major damage/ surgery from skiing ever in 40 years. I am a lucky dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post

Whilst playing with the Big Sky crew, I managed to explode my ACL, and a partial tear on the lateral meniscus and the MCL. I did ski down the North Summit snowfield and some other dicey chutes to the hut for a Gorilla Glue sesh cuz' I wasn't getting no rescue.Then sketchball one footed to the base, and a 3 hr. drive home.

fuck man, that sucks!!! rest easy and heal up

Oh shit, Djongo. Good luck man. Sorry.

Ugh!! Sorry to hear!!

Sorry to hear. Glad you got February 2019 memories to keep you going.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Positive vibes DJ. You are one tough mofo
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Ouch! The mtn is definitely better with you.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Damnit! Hope everything goes well and you heal up quick! Next year I'm gonna make it to Jackson and we'll make some more turns together!

Did almost the same thing in AK about 10 years ago...just add in a PCL tear as well. Totally recoverable and you'll be back as good as you ever were...just put the work in. Of course it's always the end of the season one way or another when you tear up your knee Good luck with the surgery and rehab to get back after it.

^^So sorry to hear DJ. Heal fast. Next season you'll be ripping twice as strong after all the PT you will be doing.

well sheet that stinks but that is a strong run with no big injuries
    hopefully you will have some good recuperation time in florida
    and if you get bored I can stop by with that thing that Leavenworth skier gave me Actually wish I would have sent it with you to Big Sky!
    skid luxury