Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1592
    Anyone else gonna be out there late next week? Considering an on a whim Wed-Tues trip to make up for the sad excuse of a season thus far (for us east coasters). I'd probably be skiing Thurs-Mon. Considering staying at the Hostel but wouldn't be averse to other recommendations/beta. First time in Jackson in the winter. Going to try to get away with not getting a rental car.

Fwiw, I also have whatever bene's the Ikon Base pass offers if anyone can take advantage (ski with a friend tix, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaarrrp View Post
    Anyone else gonna be out there late next week? Considering an on a whim Wed-Tues trip to make up for the sad excuse of a season thus far (for us east coasters). I'd probably be skiing Thurs-Mon. Considering staying at the Hostel but wouldn't be averse to other recommendations/beta. First time in Jackson in the winter. Going to try to get away with not getting a rental car.

Fwiw, I also have whatever bene's the Ikon Base pass offers if anyone can take advantage (ski with a friend tix, etc).
    You know that the ski area closes on Sunday the 7th right? That said, just go.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    My new schedule is pretty conducive to fishing for once, looking forward to getting out with yourself, Schwerty, Telee, and whoever (looking at you Dfinn!) else is around this summer!
    Me and the boat will be parked across from the Husky ramp (Palisades Creek) starting May 15th on , lets get after it!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    You know that the ski area closes on Sunday the 7th right? That said, just go.
    I guess that means it will be crazy crowded on Saturday/Sunday?

Happy to hear recommendations for other "ikonic" places worth going. Realistically could go anywhere I'm not required to get a rental car but I was planning on using airfare mileage so it seemed to make sense going somewhere the normal ticket is pretty pricey.

I guess that means it will be crazy crowded on Saturday/Sunday?
    Strike my previous advice, that is called a bad attitude. You'll probably have more fun at home. I have no idea if it will be crowded but I got a pretty good idea that it will be a good time. This is as good a place as any to link to an article about one of the older timers around here who is as close to an idol and a role model as I have.

https://www.skyhinews.com/news/chasi...n-bob-singley/

See we are all part of the collective vibe, get it? Skiing is what you make of it.

Had a grand time spring skiing two days with Djongo. However, everyone had left to Mammoth, except this one IKON snowboarder in Laramie Bowl.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190321_092252-PANO.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1,001.1 KB 
ID:	275398

Djongo sporting classic Rossi mid-fats, the skis of choice for JH.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190321_093431.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	275401

Just throwing this out there in case anyone is in a similar boat as me....leaning towards being in Jackson March 27-April 2 (Wed-Tues). A generous mag has offered a great deal on a 2br condo near the lifts that we could split if anyone is interested. Send me a PM if so!

Watching the redneck super bowl from the Snow King summit lift is pretty neat. I am especially impressed with the yokels tasked with saving sleds after wrecks. Those dudes really give it their all I must say.

King is skiing pretty damn well also. Full spring conditions all the way to the top with the bonus of drunken sled dudes popping out from behind obstacles randomly.
    Live Free or Die

Hell yeah, 08-15, we were def in corn cycle spring skiing zone, eh? Great to spend time and make turns together. Hope to do it again soon, maybe up on Beartooth this summer. From mach schnell to soft bumps to gnarly 3k vert crunch fests, he was right there.
    Snow went to crap today, excellent timing for both you and Goniff/son.

Sorry I missed you two, Goniff. My mistake. Enjoyed skiing with both of you and hope to do it next time in the deep powpow. Solid work and impressive skills, mag.

Shaaarp - Hostel or condo/ cost or comfort. Skiing should be good and crowds gone by next weekend.

Adi - no doubt, skiing the King will be the most fun this weekend. I have a few 2for 1's to the King, BTW. Holla fo access. Prolly be up m'self on sunday.

Foggy G's - Thx for the vibe infusion on the 2020thang. Fuck, I gotta get it together. Now there's a goal for me,' Mr. ambition is to have ambition.'

Here's to Mr. Singley, Chasing the Wind...yeah FKNA.

Condish report: Ski hosts were advising against going up the tram today, before you could step off the bus. Ha, Frozen ocean with an incoming cloud layer. Most on piste was firm and turny but not over corny. off piste was ankle breaking shit for all but the burliest. Tuff day at the vill.
    I ate shit during a lazy turn in lowlight. Deflected ski swept the other and smacked hard then slid off the sideslope. Speed wrangler checked me and rolled. Hello Betty! Was trying to not auger hard before the season ends. Dangit.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Condish report: Ski hosts were advising against going up the tram today, before you could step off the bus. Ha, Frozen ocean
    you never forget skiing the frozen ocean

Any chance anybody want to recommend some places to eat? First trip up next week. Low key, unpretentious, nothing fancy - just simple, tasty and reasonably priced. We’ve got Thai Plate, Momos and Streetfood on the list. What shouldn’t I miss?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Picas Mexican. And we are not all 'fellas.' Just saying.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Picas Mexican. And we are not all 'fellas.' Just saying.
    Yeah, fair point. Thought of that just after pressing send. Edited.

And thanks.

As a lover of amazing beer, Wu Tang Clan and excellent Thai, I'm a big fan of Thai Me Up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaarrrp View Post
    As a lover of amazing beer, Wu Tang Clan and excellent Thai, I'm a big fan of Thai Me Up.
    I keep forgetting about them. Had fun happy hours at Bighole BBQ and Hole Bowl recently. And breakfast at the Virg, or grab a breakfast burrito to go at Sweet Cheeks Meats.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

heads up GTNP skiers :

Quote Originally Posted by GTNP rangers
    Winter has been particularly hard on the ungulate populations in the Teton Range this year and the existing deep snow pack will not make the next several weeks any easier for them. In an effort to minimize additional stress on these animals, closures have been implemented and/or extended for several areas of the Park. Of particular note to backcountry skiers and boarders is an extension of the bighorn sheep closure in the Mt Hunt, Prospectors Mtn, and Static Peak Areas. This closure will remain in effect until April 30th. Please help us with this effort by respecting these closures!
    https://tetonclimbing.blogspot.com/2...ded-march.html

I'll be at JH the 25th-30th. I'm not concerned how the snow is really, just happy to be getting away. It's been a pretty lame season so far for me. Ending it on a good note though.

Quote Originally Posted by BackCountryNC View Post
    I'll be at JH the 25th-30th. I'm not concerned how the snow is really, just happy to be getting away. It's been a pretty lame season so far for me. Ending it on a good note though.
    Now that is a positive attitude.

Nice. If I'm around I'd be glad to take a lap with you. Pm me...

Fun skiing with an early up via Gondola with an old acquaintance today. Then she told me of an old ski buddy who died last year. Very off the radar, brain tumors. I'd been waiting for him to show back up someday. Fuck, Man.

Here's to ya, Marcus.

This is going to be an embarrassing event for me, but I'm going to attempt my first turns in many years and the dart stuck on Jackson, 4/1-5. Been through a lot to get back here. Whatever happens. I know I'll be slow and fat and all shitty out there.

Do any shops rent beacons? I gave mine up to someone here with the intent of one day coming back to a new one. Made itttttttt.

See you guys out there. Or not. Probably not because I have no friends here or almost everywhere.

My Plans keep me in town this week so hope to see some of you locs before the end. Pain today from carnage on Fri.

Snowshow covered for a voucher. Ski ya in the am...

BCNC/GS - Holla to connect. Would prolly enjoy yakking with mags who only ski a little. different perspectives and all. Tour around if ya like.

Next sunday, the 31st will be an impromptu get together somewhere on the hill, likely Casper as it's central to all skills. About 11ish. Just a chance to meet and put avatars to faces. All welcome, Locs and out o' town mags too.
    One could even go up the new gondy in street clothes just to hang for a beer or coffee.

Hope that’s not the old Stiegler’s Marcus.

Me a minute ago at breakfast: Bill you ever go up there and ski the Grand again? Him: climbed it many times after that but never skied it.

Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Officially booked and will be skiing Thurs-Sun! Pretty excited to see Jackson in winter! Would be happy to meet up with anyone out on the same days.

Still have all my Ikon benefits if anyone can use them (ski with a friend, etc).

Let it snow!

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Hope that’s not the old Stiegler’s Marcus.

Me a minute ago at breakfast: Bill you ever go up there and ski the Grand again? Him: climbed it many times after that but never skied it.

Djongo, also curious on which Marcus you are talking about

Just had brunch at Snowbasin and they were showing Steep and Bill Briggs’ interview about skiing the Grand

On the road up now...
    Aggressive in my own mind

Marcus was of german descent; kinda tall and dark haired. Generally quiet but skied a ton. Friends with Mindy et al back in the 90's.
    I believe his last name was Bracken.

And skiing was tough today; gone by 10, cloudcover, warmth and refreezing for the Icebowl to win. Next sunny day will be welcome. Like tomorrow please.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Marcus was of german descent; kinda tall and dark haired. Generally quiet but skied a ton. Friends with Mindy et al back in the 90's.
    I believe his last name was Bracken.

And skiing was tough today; gone by 10, cloudcover, warmth and refreezing for the Icebowl to win. Next sunny day will be welcome. Like tomorrow please.
    Shit, hoping that wasn’t the case

Rippin’ Regular skier
    Aggressive in my own mind