Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1592
    Shit... stay safe everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    Hey TGR!

First post on here so go easy on my poor ass. I'm a Canadian who moved to Australia, and has been going back and instructing in BC for the past 3 winters. Was doing some daydreaming the other day about working a season in the states after I finish up University. Any word on instructing at Jackson Hole or Grand Targhee? My understanding is I'll probably get more work at Jackson, but it'll be dummy expensive living there. Targhee will get less work but will be more affordable. Any knowledge on what rent's like in those areas? Just trying to do some homework before I make poor life decisions ! Cheers for the insight
    If you read this thread in detail, you’ll get a bunch of information from over the years.

There’s really never a problem getting a job in Jackson, but getting housing is usually tough and expensive.

I would check with the JHMR job office, as they have tons of jobs open each year and are typically understaffed.

Also, one of the guys in the TGR Work thread is looking for ski techs in Jackson. You might do well to get a job during the day ski instructing, and Tune skis at night.

Get ready to teach four-year-olds, unless you have higher level professional ski instructing Certs.

Spring Break Crowds

Hi all,
    I have the opportunity to go with my college to Jackson Hole for spring break (March 15-23). I'm wondering how busy it is around those times and if it's even worth going. I went last year during January and it was nice and not busy with people. I hate super packed hills and long lift lines. Thanks in advance for any responses!

18/19 Jackson/Targhee/Tetons Thread- Ski the big red one

Quote Originally Posted by nowinski02 View Post
    Hi all,
    I have the opportunity to go with my college to Jackson Hole for spring break (March 15-23). I'm wondering how busy it is around those times and if it's even worth going. I went last year during January and it was nice and not busy with people. I hate super packed hills and long lift lines. Thanks in advance for any responses!
    Depends, did the ikon pass really sell 4-8x as many passes as last year, and will it snow. If the ikon pass does grow 6-8x, then yes, Jackson will be really busy. If I snows, then yes, Jackson will be really busy. So Jackson will probably be really busy, hence why I bought a sled.

But saying all that, it’s still Jackson fucking Hole so man up, tighten your boots, and give it your best shot. Also, hit up Django, he’s responsible for keeping all mags safe well skiing the resort.

Last edited by skibrd; 09-02-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nowinski02 View Post
    Hi all,
    It’s Jackson Fucking Hole. It’s sick. It’s some of the best skiing in North America. If you like skiing, then fucking go. Good God what stupid fucking question.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kanone View Post
    It’s Jackson Fucking Hole. It’s sick. It’s some of the best skiing in North America. If you like skiing, then fucking go. Good God what stupid fucking question.

But he hates long lift lines...

A more intelligent question would have been; what will the weather be like on March 16th.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kanone View Post
    A more intelligent question would have been; what will the weather be like on March 16th.

We’ve skied corn, we’ve skied sunny slush, we’ve skied mid-winter pow. It’s March, he’s on college spring break, does it really matter?

Sarfuckingcasm. Jesus fucking Christ how could that possibly be less stupid than the original moronic question, nobody knows what the weather will be seven months from now. Not even WMD and Some AnnoyingFuckingJongGuy and those fucks know everything there is to know about the weather.

Figured this thread was buried. Haven’t looked months! Good to see some chat.
    Feels like fall in the morning. Plenty hot in the afternoons still tho. Kids back to school. Time to start taking off work to fish!
    DJ - let me know if you have some free time. We will get out for sure.
    GreenM- happy to when it snows.
    Kokomas- I’m pretty sure I can get a good roofing referral if you haven’t found one. Let’s go fish.
    Ticket - shoot me a msg if you want to meet up. I don’t mtn bike but I’d be happy to run a shuttle for you on the pass.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Some of the houses are already gone...
    Really? Dang.

How did it start?
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I started a thread in the PR
    Just saw this.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Schwerty, I have a guy named Adam at A&H coming out in the next week or two but could use another. Seems like calling roofers doesn't work these days unless you have an in. Thanks. And yes to wetting a line. Taking my newby uncle out tomorrow maybe. After that I'm good to go
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Let’s do it! I’ll make some calls.
    Hope day 1 went well!

All smiles! Looks like I have a job interview Thursday now. Life is really getting the upper hand
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Koko - did you buy your pass? Did you claim your Mag beer yet?

Pass is taken care of, but the beer is not!

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Pass is taken care of, but the beer is not!
    Cripes, after springing for the pass, I'd think a beer was in order.

Glad to hear it.

Rootin for ya on Thursday, Kokomas!

Let’s get together with dj for a drink soon.

And anyone else who wants to
    Last edited by schwerty; 09-04-2019 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Rootin for ya on Thursday, Kokomas!

Let’s get together with dj for a drink soon.

And anyone else who wants to
    Capital Idea.

Who's down to Party?
    Schwerty
    Kokomas
    Djongo

New Yabyum, 2Bjenny, SuperGaper, Passholer, Lindenle, Xtine, Tye, rideit, S-I-J, Baby Bear and SkiJunkeyz, Adironrider, Skibrd, Parvo, Little Big Lost, Peter Bmoorman, ?

Bueller?
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 09-04-2019 at 08:35 PM.

^perhaps a maggot meet up to watch the new ski movie in teton village next weekend?
    I wouldn't mind going to the early show then maybe whoever wanted to could hit up the 1st apres of the season afterwards.
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Capital Idea.

Who's down to Party?
    Schwerty
    Kokomas
    Djongo

New Yabyum, 2Bjenny, SuperGaper, Passholer, Lindenle, Xtine, Tye, rideit, S-I-J, Baby Bear and SkiJunkeyz, Adironrider, Skibrd, Parvo, Little Big Lost, ?

Bueller?
    When and where?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Capital Idea.

Who's down to Party?
    Schwerty
    Kokomas
    Djongo

New Yabyum, 2Bjenny, SuperGaper, Passholer, Lindenle, Xtine, Tye, rideit, S-I-J, Baby Bear and SkiJunkeyz, Adironrider, Skibrd, Parvo, Little Big Lost, ?

Bueller?
    You guys have too much fun down there! Get some for me

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    ^perhaps a maggot meet up to watch the new ski movie in teton village next weekend?
    I wouldn't mind going to the early show then maybe whoever wanted to could hit up the 1st apres of the season afterwards.
    I can *probably* make that.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Another topnotch idea, getting together before or after the early movie next Saturday.
    It's at 3:30.
    Maybe go up the free ganjala for drinks after the movie. Or a keg in the Cody lot beforehand.

World premier shenanigans could unfold.

Out of town mags welcome too...