Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1587
  1. #1551
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wilson
    Posts
    1,237
    Blue Pilot in the back of Cody Lot with grill going and some brats starting up in a few.
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

  2. #1552
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tetons
    Posts
    5,882

    18/19 Jackson/Targhee/Tetons Thread- Ski the big red one

    Jealous of all you folks! (But I love Dad duties!) I have 10 Tween girls coming to my joint for a slime bday sleep over. Just in case anyone needs any extra homemade slime Iíll have a pool of it. Enjoy the day!

  3. #1553
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    25,147
    So, what did everybody think of the flick?
    I really liked the Kai section.
    What struck me from the previews is how many pies TGR has their fingers in.
    Sorry to have missed meeting you, was fun to rip some laps with some of you!
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

  4. #1554
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,330
    All I wanna see is deep pow lines and ideally from a POV angle. Not interested in long Helo shots. Maybe one to see the line but then I wanna set in the drivers seat.
    Kai skiing some gnar was cool but I think his short edit last winter held more sweet lines/turns. Kid can ski and I could feel the inspiration in the kids in the audience.

    It was good to see you mags as most of us fade back into life during the three offseasons. Thanks for cooking Koko, kept me from hurling my brekky's.
    The Ganjala wasn't running til 5 so the hotbox was moved to the Junky Van after a lap into the woods with Passholer and lindenle for a sitdown sesh.

    Didn't get to talk to Angel but her skiing was top notch.

    Thanks to all for coming out/over and hanging. Won't be long now...

  5. #1555
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wilson
    Posts
    1,237
    Great time at the show hanging with DJ, BB, Ski Junky, Passholer and Lindenle. The show brought a tear to my eyes, I'm really stoked to raise my kids here although the Kai segment scared the crap out of me as a Dad! I think my favorite segment was the beginning POV of the multi cliff drops in the backcountry here. Crazy stuff.

    There was some talk of another get together. I'm game to host or at least help plan if there is interest. I'm thinking we take a page out of Big Daddy's book out east. Anyone to for a west coast Ullrfest the likes of that which Peruvian is hosting in VT? I'm thinking October 19 to simulcast with his ass. Potluck on steroids, shot luge, PG rated til dark then whatever. Gotta figure out what I can burn on my lot... Any takers?

    Edit: Looks like Oct 19 got booked up on me, maybe another weekend
    Last edited by kokomas; 09-21-2019 at 03:50 PM.
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

  6. #1556
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the hole
    Posts
    545
    found a ski on the mnt. while looking for moose sheds, no luck just a 192 armada tst with fks binder.
    pm me to get it back,just tell me where i found it.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	192 armada tst.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	475.2 KB 
ID:	294842

  7. #1557
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    BZN
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Great time at the show hanging with DJ, BB, Ski Junky, Passholer and Lindenle. The show brought a tear to my eyes, I'm really stoked to raise my kids here although the Kai segment scared the crap out of me as a Dad! I think my favorite segment was the beginning POV of the multi cliff drops in the backcountry here. Crazy stuff.

    There was some talk of another get together. I'm game to host or at least help plan if there is interest. I'm thinking we take a page out of Big Daddy's book out east. Anyone to for a west coast Ullrfest the likes of that which Peruvian is hosting in VT? I'm thinking October 19 to simulcast with his ass. Potluck on steroids, shot luge, PG rated til dark then whatever. Gotta figure out what I can burn on my lot... Any takers?

    Edit: Looks like Oct 19 got booked up on me, maybe another weekend
    I'm up in Bozeman away from you Jackson hosers, but I'd absolutely attend / do what I could to help out with a WY/MT Ullrfest.

  8. #1558
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    262
    Anyone here know if or which motels in town are doing monthly or possibly longer term rentals over the winter?

  9. #1559
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Jackson Hole
    Posts
    2,596
    Kudar.
    Ski Shop



    Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

    Mark Twain

  10. #1560
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,330
    Try the Snow King Motel. Not to be confused w/the hotel...

    470 S. King street

  11. #1561
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Behind the Potato Curtain
    Posts
    3,363
    Does the Pony still do winter leases?

  12. #1562
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Jackson Hole
    Posts
    2,596
    Also, knew some folks that were treated very well by Mountain Modern.
    Ski Shop



    Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

    Mark Twain

  13. #1563
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    25,147
    You might talk to the Gables before all the J1’s lock em up.
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

  14. #1564
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    No longer Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    1,154
    Hey djongo, I just got a few stickers in the mail and I know you like free swag. Want a few to put on your skis or helmet?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4013.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	244.3 KB 
ID:	295384

  15. #1565
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Hey djongo, I just got a few stickers in the mail and I know you like free swag. Want a few to put on your skis or helmet?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4013.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	244.3 KB 
ID:	295384
    Helmet! Haha

    Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

  16. #1566
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Hey djongo, I just got a few stickers in the mail and I know you like free swag. Want a few to put on your skis or helmet?
    Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Helmet! Haha

    Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for that crack of dawn comedy. I laughed so hard at these!

    Very much look forward to skiing with both of you soon.

  17. #1567
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Thanks for that crack of dawn comedy. I laughed so hard at these!

    Very much look forward to skiing with both of you soon.
    New JHMR TGR game, who can get the most ikon stickers stuck to Djongo! Winner gets the most laughs!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  18. #1568
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    998
    Anyone have any recommendations on lodging with some space to hang out? Looked into VRBO but with all the bullshit add on charges it gets too rich for my blood (cleaning fee, service fee, corking fee...) with wanting to leave $$ for other trips. Coming out w 2 families of 4 and would like a common area but needs to be a step up from the hostel for my wife to be happy. Usually do the Motel 6 but that aint gonna cut it for this trip so thinking an inn or something with a common area. Kokomas- you still renting places? Djongo - rent out the garage? Throw me a bone here...

  19. #1569
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wilson
    Posts
    1,237
    Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Anyone have any recommendations on lodging with some space to hang out? Looked into VRBO but with all the bullshit add on charges it gets too rich for my blood (cleaning fee, service fee, corking fee...) with wanting to leave $$ for other trips. Coming out w 2 families of 4 and would like a common area but needs to be a step up from the hostel for my wife to be happy. Usually do the Motel 6 but that aint gonna cut it for this trip so thinking an inn or something with a common area. Kokomas- you still renting places? Djongo - rent out the garage? Throw me a bone here...
    Pm incoming
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

  20. #1570
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    No longer Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Anyone have any recommendations on lodging with some space to hang out? Looked into VRBO but with all the bullshit add on charges it gets too rich for my blood (cleaning fee, service fee, corking fee...) with wanting to leave $$ for other trips. Coming out w 2 families of 4 and would like a common area but needs to be a step up from the hostel for my wife to be happy. Usually do the Motel 6 but that aint gonna cut it for this trip so thinking an inn or something with a common area. Kokomas- you still renting places? Djongo - rent out the garage? Throw me a bone here...
    Check out Jackson Hole Lodge (https://www.jacksonholelodge.com). Stayed there last year. Really nice and comfortable place, around $100-$125/night for a standard 2 queen room (if you're not going over the holidays) and it includes a breakfast buffet. Wife friendly fo sho.

  21. #1571
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    the LCC
    Posts
    373
    Saw my first born last night.
    Second born as well
    Been a while.
    Despite my urging in both this and the Wasatch thread she has all her pennies...
    What, no one carries nickels no more?
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

  22. #1572
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,330
    TFW - yeah we kinda got sidetracked(smokeshacked) and didn't get into the theater in time to Hassle the Kid. Sorry, she'll pay double next time...

    Rudy - I wish I knew how to upload a video. It would be The Specials singing ' A message to you Rudy'. Not sure the best place for 2 fams of 4. Any good deals through JHRL? I shall try and brainstorm some answers. You're boy was likely the best mini-mag to visit last year. Flexy, that one was.

    unwanted touching will be frowned upon. otoh, if I had a bunch of Ikon stickers, I'd plaster the fuck outta the village.

  23. #1573
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Back: 7000'
    Posts
    8,783
    Djongo, any chance enough snow will fall by early next week to get in a nice skin? I'm hearing 3-4 feet in your neck of the woods.
    ďA society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.Ē
    ― Milton Friedman

  24. #1574
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    flatland
    Posts
    2,820
    Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Saw my first born last night.
    Second born as well
    Been a while...
    At least there not turning you into a grandpa before reaching their own potential first. Fuzzy to the mrs.

    Hope the pt isn't bogging U down

    /~<
    "knowledgeable in escapades of the flesh"

  25. #1575
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    38

    Snow

    Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Djongo, any chance enough snow will fall by early next week to get in a nice skin? I'm hearing 3-4 feet in your neck of the woods.
    I donít think we are supposed to get nearly that much, but should have enough to ski. Targhee is the place to go early season. People skied up there after the last storm although Iím sure it was rocky down low

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •