Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1592
    Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    You are one tough mofo
    FKNA. Not only skied it with a blown knee but skied it well.

Djongo--wishing you the absolute best for surgery and rehab. You'll be back stronger than ever.

Damn DJ! Heal up well mang!
    40 yrs skiing like you have/do with this the first injury? Holy shit man, that’s unreal. Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Here, let me stoke yer fires...

Whilst playing with the Big Sky crew, I managed to explode my ACL, and a partial tear on the lateral meniscus and the MCL. I did ski down the North Summit snowfield and some other dicey chutes to the hut for a Gorilla Glue sesh cuz' I wasn't getting no rescue.Then sketchball one footed to the base, and a 3 hr. drive home.

But it happened at the end of the season, Hooray!!!!!!!

Surgery commences next week.

First major damage/ surgery from skiing ever in 40 years. I am a lucky dog!
    Dude heal well! You are a beast. You’ll be back for next season in prime shape with the rehab, PT and all that. Who knows, they may even assign you the cute nurse at the local PT practice.

Damn, DJ, that sucks. Healing vibes for the return. Embrace a period of extra herbal remedies?

Vibes on the gnee, tho good timing I suppose.

Bummer Djongo! Heal up!

Well, ok, that probably didn't stoke anyone.

Except for me!!!

Thank you, all of my Friends here, for your well wishes and positive comments. It's genuinely like medicine for me.

And for what it's worth, that run was Tittaaaaayz! Fuck, I wish I coulda hammered it. Next time.

Heal up DJ!

Except for me!!!

Thank you, all of my Friends here, for your well wishes and positive comments. It's genuinely like medicine for me.

And for what it's worth, that run was Tittaaaaayz! Fuck, I wish I coulda hammered it. Next time.
    Damn bro!! Sorry to hear it.

What exactly happened? Eat it in the Lone Mtn zero visibility? I feared something like that when N Bunion was dragging me around Lone in the clouds.

Get on the ACL Gimp thread and reach out for support. I had the meniscus repair last year so understand the struggles a bit. Take care of your head space as losing the exertion and joy of skiing is a real challenge on the mental front.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Sorry to hear, DJ!! What day is your surgery?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Except for me!!!

I'll pour a little beer out for you at the bench this afternoon.

That is a real bummer.
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

Sorry to hear about the Joint.

PT and lots of bike riding.

Sorry man, that sucks.

hut for a Gorilla Glue sesh
    !
    Sorry to here this. Hope you heal up fast. Would like to meet up next season and do a safety hut mountian tour with you. I'll bring the GG (or similar).

Djongo- wish I’d have made turns with you this winter! Good to meet you in the preseason and good luck!

Anybody who is interested in some high elevation pow this weekend/Monday? I may drive down from Bozo town.

DJ, sorry to hear about the knee. If you need help with anything let me know.

Maybe I'll see some of you around the village this weekend. Hard to say what the weather is going to do.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

I have 1 full day free voucher left so holla if anyone needs it or knows someone that will use it this w/e

weather looks mixed but it's usually always sunny for at least a couple of hours*
    swerve will keep my peepers open for ya

*except in February 2019
    skid luxury

Bummer about your knee Djongo, good thing it is just your knee, 1 in 40 is a good ratio. I hope the injury stays isolated to the knee and your stoke stays intact. You have brought it on the slope and the forum this year. We will do what we can to return the favor. Give a shout for a bicycle ride when you are recovering.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I was trying to think of all my best knee surgery pointers for DJ since he has somehow avoided the skiers curse until now- pls add on what you think of bc he has been a very positive stoke-meister this winter. showing our fellow maggot visitors the real deal
    -first off- no need to buy a bunch of the hospital equipment- the straight leg brace, the ice machine and crutches we all have for you to borrow
    -1st week is basically couch-bound (except for appts and PT) and then you start feeling more normal 2nd week bc you are no longer on the heavy pain meds
    -I know you are not a big drinker so do you have ice cube trays galore at your house? if not let's get you at least a half dozen. fresh ice feels soooo good that first wk especially
    -OVERDOSE on the stool softeners. if you take what they tell you to take you will have a secondary ailment if you know what I mean. the surgery + pain killers + the week of sitting and weird eating messes up the systems
    -Excel PT ftw! they are close to your house and I love the people that work there. I looked fwd to my PT when sometimes others call it physical terror-y etc
    -we have a stationary bike we can set up in your casa if you want. kinda nice to get some energy out spinning which is the best activity for knees
    skid luxury

Damn DJ, sorry man.

A bit of stoke and knee surgery motivation from an old guy. The left knee was trashed in AK (2nd time) about ten years ago at age 50...still can play with the kids if you put the work in. Photo from today.

Lance said it's not about the bike...but it is, ride, PT, ride, pt and you'll get there
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2049_Moment.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	277426  

Thanks for the good time JH.

Here, let me stoke yer fires...

Whilst playing with the Big Sky crew, I managed to explode my ACL, and a partial tear on the lateral meniscus and the MCL. I did ski down the North Summit snowfield and some other dicey chutes to the hut for a Gorilla Glue sesh cuz' I wasn't getting no rescue.Then sketchball one footed to the base, and a 3 hr. drive home.

But it happened at the end of the season, Hooray!!!!!!!

Surgery commences next week.

First major damage/ surgery from skiing ever in 40 years. I am a lucky dog!
    Wow DJ, sorry to hear about that. Vibes to a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    A bit of stoke and knee surgery motivation from an old guy. The left knee was trashed in AK (2nd time) about ten years ago at age 50...still can play with the kids if you put the work in. Photo from today.

Lance said it's not about the bike...but it is, ride, PT, ride, pt and you'll get there

totally

1 word for thatto take serious

rehab rehab rehab

don't let up !

I thrashed my right knee 5 x I think(bike/ 2 x ski'n in about 400 days/icy parkin lots..omg),and still can ski
    ... feels pretty good ..one more season of biking and hiking will be close to 100%!
    … even hit some moguls this year

Biking is one the best exercises for the knee- prob, the best

Skinning is really low impact too!!! >>on rehab runs ..find a resort you can skin and poach a smooth way down; that really helped in my past rehabs

get better!!! all maggots will invoke the power of healing herbs to help
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Best of luck DJ. I follow your posts and you have really been keeping the JH stoke level high around here this winter and keeping this thread buzzing.

My acl was my first real injury a few years ago at 43. For me it was a way bigger mental hit than physical and it took me longer than I wish to put the mental bullshit behind me. Took me a couple three years because I am not a gym rat but after some IT band issues early season I was back to waiting around for everybody to catch up this year and definitely playing in the bumps again finally which felt awesome.

That snow was funky at the Big. Refrozen with grabby chalk on the north facing stuff. Definitely was tip toe material at times to get through it with a soft dance. Sometimes the snow snakes get you anyway. Vibes.

More old guy post acl stoke.