Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Word on the street is: Dad bear skies on senior tickets. Mr. Whitebeard

Saw BB yesterday and she's got some hijinx planned for BBIUT. Gunna be fun.
    My gen:
    the vill
    the ski corp
    the bear claw
    Pepi, Doug, Theo, Ted shred, Ernst, Benny and Howie.

Azar, Haas, Wally, Fee...

Ask not for whom the bell tolls...
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 12-17-2018 at 09:57 PM. Reason: skiing was titties today

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post

My gen:
    the vill
    the ski corp
    the bear claw

Laurel, Wray, Romeo and Onufer. More friends in avalanches.

Sent from my HTC6535LRA using TGR Forums mobile app

Hello mothership mags, I’m coming your way Thursday afternoon and wouldn’t mind making some new ski friends if it works out.

I’ve been out three or four times before but have always driven from CA with a bud and crashed with friends in Victor. This time my non-skiing girlfriend and her parents for some reason wanted to spend Christmas there so I’m carless and ski bud-less. (My victor friends are mostly busy making Xmas $$$ to fund the rest of the winter).

Forecast looks favorable, it always seems to dump when I come. I’ll probably suck it up and buy a mountain collective pass to ski the village two days. I’d really like to tour the other two days but probably wouldn’t without a partner or maybe couldn’t even without a car since I don’t imagine there are public transit options to the pass or the park. Is hitchhiking to the pass from town a thing?

So if anybody might want to show a flatlander around some touring between Friday and Monday hit me up. I’m not in mid-winter touring shape but 2k-4K days are fine. If the storms come through as planned I’d probably not want to ski anything with much avy exposure, I just want to get out in nature and work on improving fitness while seeing some purdy mountains. So meadow-skipping through trees is fine.

I’m easy-going, not a dumbass and enjoy long walks in the woods.

Jo - I'll kick around witcha inbounds. Sucks to be ski-bud less. PM me.

One can bus it to the Stilson transit area a few miles before Wilson and likely get a ride to the pass from there.

Looks like Ghosthop might be in town for a day or two of skiing, trying to connect in the AM if not sooner.

Yakked with B-bear's beau today - He was testing next years rad Line skis w/some brosephs.

Tram laps were sweet today; walk-ons, light cars, hard rockin' tunes, smooth bowl chalk and carvy north faces...

Headed out for some family time back east and then a big family trip to South America. Great early season and thankful to ski with a few of you mags and magettes. be safe out there. Will return summer in time for some pescatorial pursuits
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I thought the proper nomenclature is:
    "the pass"
    "the park"
    "the village"
    "the king"
    "the 'ghee"
    Is that still right?
    I haven't over thought this too much as people have random monikers as previously noted but ^this is what I do.
    but I'm into the whole brevity thing
    My gen:
    the vill
    the ski corp
    the bear claw
    haha he only did that once and only bc his dad made us use his lift ticket for the afternoon. Pa whiteford is sweet but you also always obey him

we watched swift silent deep again the other night (we have a friend that just moved here so obligatory watch for newcomers)
    those that haven't seen prior, it's a good one to get psyched for a jh (or any) ski trip. good ski history, good soundtrack, the characters are spot on
    but reminded us of some favs no longer with us too

skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I like seeing this video again too bc it has our beloved old dog, Willie, who passed away 2 yo

anyone see one of the posters in the garage that I asked Jeremy Nobis to sign as "Still Nobis" jajaja
    skid luxury

You know you’re getting old when the new tram turns 10

It was a pretty bony three inches, but the skiing was just GREAT! A really fun day.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

andrew said it was surprisingly good skiing today too^
    that warmth must have helped

anyone catch this today?
    christmas pkg's here sent her full postal!

https://buckrail.com/jackson-postmas...e-post-office/
    JACKSON HOLE, WYO – A Jackson woman was arrested late Monday night after she locked herself in an employee restroom at the old Post Office on West Pearl and refused to come out.
    Jackson Police Department spokesperson Lt. Roger Schultz confirmed officers were dispatched to the Post Office at West Pearl Avenue after employees there called to complain they could not get a woman to leave after repeatedly telling her she could not remain on the property.
    The woman has been identified as Jennifer Grutzmacher, 46, of Jackson. She is still listed on various government websites as the postmaster for Jackson—a position she has held since 2012.

According to USPS spokesperson David Rupert, Grutzmacher is a non-duty status pending outcome of an investigation.

Schultz said Grutzmacher gained access to the Post Office after hours sometime prior to the dispatch call at 11:28pm. Employees sorting mail reportedly told Grutzmacher she had to leave. Grutzmacher reportedly would not comply and locked herself in the employee restroom when police arrived.
    She refused to come out for quite some time, according to the police report, before officers eventually talked her into unlocking the door. Grutzmacher was arrested and booked on a trespassing charge.

Several attempts to contact local and federal USPS employees to learn about what happened or the status of Grutzmacher’s employment have been unsuccessful. Local postal workers say it is a personnel matter they are not able to discuss with media.
    skid luxury

Right on SIJ - you got that right.

Pounded out 9 trams and a coupla Sublettes for good measure.

The wind seems to have affected us better than other nearbys. The snow was loaded in the troughs and scoured on the tiny tops poking up. Pretty easy skiing really, just aim and swoosh.

Rendezvous bowl was the reason I kept rolling. The wind scoured some aspects of the bowl but loaded up veins of windblown, 3-8" deep just rippling down beside you as carving was remedial. fucking hero snow if ya found it.
    And flat too, damn. Mother natures groomer, that big wind.

Steep filled troughs in Cheyenne woods, windblown over into a treed lee slope. Startled a coupla white crossers getting safety squared...

Speaking for a friend here: the unopened areas had a short zip layer that sheared super fine so the unskied beneath was just right.

OTOH: Holy shit, a bunch of cali kids just showed up. It's on.

heard this today, in ref to the tram - " let's ride this big gondola first then..."
    Never once heard that.

Jorion - get with me if ya can...

Kokomas - I hope your trip is great; be smart, safe and careful. I hope some of your goals are met my friend, bon chance!

Flowing - Thanks, that means a lot. It's pretty easy to talk about what I love. I can go on about the stuff I hate too.

HMS - indeed, I look at where Laurel was swept almost daily. And Steve's bike hangs in my garage...

cdubski - damn dog, I did not need to hear that. I have a 25th anniversary sticker for the tram, on my bong.

BB - girl, I noticed that Nobis autograph in a nanosecond. Melikey.

It's hard for me to watch SSD. I miss HH so much. RJ, his bro, was my mentor. "Please step away from the Powder " he'd bellow as we would come rocketing down on some line debating schoolers and their clients. Catching air, snaking lines right in yer face and crushing the fall line on our 200 cm snow rangers. He rolled 5'8" and about 300 lbs. Had an artificial goretex knee from the 70's. Harley guy too, rough to look at. Skied like a mother fuckin Puma. Nothing like watching a very rotund person slay the pow. Magically delicious.

Djongo I worked with HH at the Alpenhof in 82, moose kitchen w RJ in 83, and my husband built Laurel's house. It's been a long strange trip but we ain't dead yet. Going to check out your velvet troughs on the pass tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-A600A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Django I worked with HH at the Alpenhof in 82, moose kitchen w RJ in 83, and my husband built Laurel's house. It's been a long strange trip but we ain't dead yet. Going to check out your velvet troughs on the pass tomorrow.

Thank you . Seriously. I needed that.

<snip> our 200 cm snow rangers.
    Goddam those were great skis...

Thank you . Seriously. I needed that.
    Can you imagine how scary RJ was back then in the moose kitchen? He would growl like a bear. But he taught me to take prime rib end cut to Big Wally upstairs in the shot bar.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Can you imagine how scary RJ was back then in the moose kitchen? He would growl like a bear. But he taught me to take prime rib end cut to Big Wally upstairs in the shot bar.

Congrats on your TVTAP award!!

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    Congrats on your TVTAP award!!
    Awww thanks. But I am in all reality pretty selfish. I just want MORE good trails to ride, and the more people I can persuade to help me, the sooner that will happen. Ha!

Blizzard of Ahhhs at the WIldwood Room Friday night, looks like a good time.

Looks like me and the Mrs will be in the Tetons to bring in the new year. Driving from OR, should be there around 12/28 +- 1 day, and staying for a week or so. Let's make some turns!

Should be up in Jackson Hole for a week in January and would love a bit of a show around.
    Never been and am super stoked!

Any recommendations for (non-dentist) accommodations?
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Pfluffen - we got the village tours down pat, no worries. Great fun showing Ghosthop and his bro around today bell2bell. More 2 morrow.

Gonna try and connect with jorion tomorrow as well.

tft - look forward to seeing you two again. time to get our ski on.

snapt - does Boney still run that place? would like to see him again and Blizzard.

It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Should be up in Jackson Hole for a week in January and would love a bit of a show around.
    Never been and am super stoked!

Any recommendations for (non-dentist) accommodations?
    I’ve bounced around hotels quite a bit there. Motel 6 just outside of town is cheap, probably < $70 a night now and newly renovated. Painted Buffalo inn is similarly cheap and includes a continental breakfast. The hostel at the village is dirt cheap if you’re down for sharing rooms (they also have privates for a bit more). If you’re not picky and just looking for a bed, Winter is cheap for the chain/budget style hotel.

snapt - does Boney still run that place? would like to see him again

It is definitely still Bill’s empire. He is a great guy!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    It is definitely still Bill’s empire. He is a great guy!
    Bill and Alice sure do! Worked for him a few summers back. My Buddy is renting space there and roasting coffee beans. Lots going on! The animal shelter chili cook off is not to be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    I’ve bounced around hotels quite a bit there. Motel 6 just outside of town is cheap, probably < $70 a night now and newly renovated. Painted Buffalo inn is similarly cheap and includes a continental breakfast. The hostel at the village is dirt cheap if you’re down for sharing rooms (they also have privates for a bit more). If you’re not picky and just looking for a bed, Winter is cheap for the chain/budget style hotel.
    Painted Buffalo is newly renovated and rebranded as Mountain Modern. Might try JH Resort Lodging for ticket combos, or the Motel 6 as mentioned...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's