Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    BLS - I will try to make the first tram today. Blk pants, 2tone green patagucci puffy w/ duct tape, 2tone white beard. Ask for change.

I'll show you some stuff...

Thanks all. I’ll be in blue pant / yellow jacket Norrona kit carrying a set of Cochise skis and will be trying to hit first tram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helped set the bootpack up Mary's today, that sucked, but was it blown in.

Staying in Teton village. Flew in for a quick trip before shoulder surgery Tuesday which may put me out for the season . 2 of us trying to get to Targhee tomorrow but the Targhee express shuttle bus isn’t running if there aren’t 4 people reserved which there aren’t . If anyone would like to scoop us we’ll pay for gas food anything else etc. dm me if interested . Thank you in advance

Anyone have a preferred taxi company for a ride from the airport? Younger daughter & I are getting in noon-ish on Saturday. We only get to ski Saturday afternoon & Sunday, then back to California (boo). Mrs. Suit and older daughter will already be there, but they've made it clear they're not picking us up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    Anyone have a preferred taxi company for a ride from the airport? Younger daughter & I are getting in noon-ish on Saturday. We only get to ski Saturday afternoon & Sunday, then back to California (boo). Mrs. Suit and older daughter will already be there, but they've made it clear they're not picking us up.
    A1 Taxi has been good to me for airport trips. 307-690-3900

New snow was a nice refresh but lots of wind effect up high. Looking like I'll be around the village on Sunday. Gonna mostly be a weekend warrior this winter.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    PM Tye, I think he drives one a day a week for fun so he'd probably have some insight or maybe even be available.

After the big wind/ snow event on wed., the vill has done some healing. R bowl was 3-8 inches of windblown chalk today. Better than yesterday as the new snow hadn't quite bonded to the firm under. If the whole hill was like that, you'd never stop turning. Off piste and trees are better facing north, still soft. Tons of terrain open; OB begins to offer up some lines too.

A better than average opening for us by all accounts. We're often a little slow to start.

and yeah, it was dead again today. about 25 ppl a box.

Warm and beautiful on the summit , hung out and scoped the 3 lines some friends had just pasted on Pucker face.

Have a couple furnished rooms for rent on the Westbank through June. Not the cheapest, but great location and pretty decent place. Pm if you know anyone looking. Thanks!
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

A few shots of conditions and coverage.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR1350.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	260238

Name:	GOPR1342.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	260239

Name:	GOPR1354.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	260241

Name:	GOPR1332.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	260240

Name:	GOPR1375.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	260242

That is some pretty good pre-holidays conditions at "The Village" [/cool guy]. I've got the Bear Baby/Djongo tour queued more for the Winter of IKON. Let me know if you see any paragliders flying at the ski area.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    That is some pretty good pre-holidays conditions at "The Village" [/cool guy]. I've got the Bear Baby/Djongo tour queued more for the Winter of IKON. Let me know if you see any paragliders flying at the ski area.
    You do realize there are two ski areas in Jackson Hole and jhmr has been called "the village" for eons...because that's it's name. It's not cool, it's just it's name floggy googles.

fuck...I thought I was doing it right. Me and Sick Rick were kicking it is the VC circa '94 after explaining that the earpieces to your Smith's go over your hat and how to properly lean your skis up in the tram line and sit on the rail, he went on to explain that your don't say "ski are" when in Jackson (or is it "The Tetons" or "Jackson Hole". I get so confused.). I thought the proper nomenclature is:

"the pass"
    "the park"
    "the village"
    "the king"
    "the 'ghee"

Is that still right?

College roommate grew up in Jackson (you reading this, WyMont?)... he always referred to JHMR as the "Mountain Resort", with emphasis on Mount.... MOUNTainresort

Is that not still a thing? Now we got bbear and Djongo saying "Vill"... shifting vernacular, how's a jong to keep up?

Why don't we ask what ever east coaster is presiding over the scene? Isn't that how it has always worked around there?

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    College roommate grew up in Jackson (you reading this, WyMont?)... he always referred to JHMR as the "Mountain Resort", with emphasis on Mount.... MOUNTainresort

Is that not still a thing? Now we got bbear and Djongo saying "Vill"... shifting vernacular, how's a jong to keep up?
    Just to add more confusion. We always referred to it as “ the Hole” or “J-Hole”.

I always enjoy the crusty locals that insist on calling it the "ski corp". They were jaded when you could buy a place in Wilson for 5k (which is what my last rental sold for in 1988 - 400 sq ft studio but still) and bitched it was too expensive.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Just to add more confusion. We always referred to it as “ the Hole” or “J-Hole”.
    Affectionately referred to as "The Bung", short for "The Bunghole".

fuck...I thought I was doing it right. Me and Sick Rick were kicking it is the VC circa '94 after explaining that the earpieces to your Smith's go over your hat and how to properly lean your skis up in the tram line and sit on the rail, he went on to explain that your don't say "ski are" when in Jackson (or is it "The Tetons" or "Jackson Hole". I get so confused.). I thought the proper nomenclature is:

"the pass"
    "the park"
    "the village"
    "the king"
    "the 'ghee"

Is that still right?
    Why don't we ask what ever east coaster is presiding over the scene? Isn't that how it has always worked around there?
    You are clearly the coolest guy on this board.

No. I am doing my best to move up the list however. It is a life long goal of mine to be a top 10 coolest TGR poster.

No. I am doing my best to move up the list however. It is a life long goal of mine to be a top 10 coolest TGR poster.
    Having a bad Monday, brother?

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Having a bad Monday, brother?
    Nope. Just up in Grand Lake doing a little punch trim, huffing 2 stroke, watching the locals day drink. Why?

Back to Jackson Hole. Anyone been out in The Park yet? Wondering how conditions are.

Nope. Just up in Grand Lake doing a little punch trim, huffing 2 stroke, watching the locals day drink. Why?
    You just seem a little more jaded than usual

"the pass"
    "the park"
    "the village"
    "the king"
    "the 'ghee"

Is that still right?
    Not sure I’ve been in Jackson long enough to have an opinion but those 5 seem to always get the point across for me

Lets get this back on track