Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1592
    Used to work for the man, taking a year off of it. Schedule was too hectic last winter and it sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm the man
    and you're the man
    and he's the man as well
    so you can point that fuckn finger up your aaaaaaaasssssssssßsssss

----+

Man I'd like to make a visit to the tits again. Might have to make it work this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Cooler AM temps; a little color, other than green, around the valley; And it's the last week of August.
    My annual signals that 2 of the three offseasons have passed.
    Looking out the window in Moose, I see entire yellow leaf filled branches on both cottonwood and aspen.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Was just texting with SVS and he committed to chasing some storms to JH this winter... going to be another busy season showing the out of towners around!

This showing ski bums around the village thing is a good gig. Thoroughly enjoyed it last year. As SFB told me, I have yet to meet a mag I didn't like.

Glad you're out from beneath the thumb, skibrd. It's bettah.

Fugi - pm'ed ya for sad vibes...you could show up at 3am and would be welcome. Anytime my friend.

Norse - You show, we go. You get the full hook. Bring Mofro. Nice Tool reference.

SVS and TFT for the roadtrip...You guys are manic for the driving. Me too. Have to get my game on for all you PNW hammers. Solid.

SIJ - I don't wanna believe it's turning in the 3rd week of Aug. but it would appear so. Hope the colors last for a few weeks.

Most of you have seen my digs and know the offer: a spare bedroom inside, the futon in the wax room and a massive garage. We could house 20 mags if they were melloooooow. Free beds in JH. 420 friendly. Very safe. Bong leaves a bit to be desired.

Where ya at, Sailcat?

I might have to join in for one of the sleep overs this winter
    skid luxury

Most of you have seen my digs and know the offer: a spare bedroom inside, the futon in the wax room and a massive garage. We could house 20 mags if they were melloooooow. Free beds in JH. 420 friendly. Very safe. Bong leaves a bit to be desired.
    I'll bring the Volcano

Quote Originally Posted by stayhighstaydry View Post
    I'll bring the Volcano
    Penciling you in, with an ink pen right now, whoooeeee.

Last year one of the CO mags set me up for dabs in the smoky hut and I about did 3 pirouettes and then keeled over. Look forward to that again Mr. youknowwhoyouareguy.

B-bear - maybe we should start a slumber party for mag ski bums. That'd get rowdy. I still have yer prize from BBIAlpy waiting.

The GF and I rented a Wandervan for a couple weeks, picking it up in Boise this Saturday. Will be cruising through Teton county at some point with MTB's in tow. Any recommended spots for #vanlife overnight parking?

Grand Targhee lets you camp for like 10 bucks and there is great MBing at the resort and surrounding area.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    more days getting into the 30's overnight too....bwahahaha
    Last night I had to close my window.
    This morning I had to wear a shawl on the porch as I sipped coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    Grand Targhee lets you camp for like 10 bucks and there is great MBing at the resort and surrounding area.
    Good call. Another option is down at 'big eddy'/Rainey Bridge on the Teton River, just not on weekends.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Penciling you in, with an ink pen right now, whoooeeee.

Last year one of the CO mags set me up for dabs in the smoky hut and I about did 3 pirouettes and then keeled over. Look forward to that again Mr. youknowwhoyouareguy.

B-bear - maybe we should start a slumber party for mag ski bums. That'd get rowdy. I still have yer prize from BBIAlpy waiting.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    I second this for at least one night.
    The riding at Targhee is really fun. long downhills and more raw trails than you typically see at resorts

as Parvo and his grandmother's shawl suggest, it's getting cold here at night again so bring warmer clothes than you think - esp if you end up staying at high altitudes a lot like at Targhee
    On the JH side the usual non-campground camping spots are up in Curtis Canyon or Shadow Mtn
    they are a little drive outside of town and I've noticed in the past week or so that town is slowing down a bit so you've got that going for you
    enjoy the trip!
    skid luxury

Norseman, you show up, let the local mags take care of the rest.

I’d be down for a mag Targee bike meet up.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    I second this for at least one night.
    The riding at Targhee is really fun. long downhills and more raw trails than you typically see at resorts

as Parvo and his grandmother's shawl suggest, it's getting cold here at night again so bring warmer clothes than you think - esp if you end up staying at high altitudes a lot like at Targhee
    On the JH side the usual non-campground camping spots are up in Curtis Canyon or Shadow Mtn
    they are a little drive outside of town and I've noticed in the past week or so that town is slowing down a bit so you've got that going for you
    enjoy the trip!
    Thanks b-bear, we're going to wait until after Labor Day to roll into Jackson. We've got puffy jackets, hats and pants ready to roll.

I have some friends in Alta, WY that are going to go for a ride or two with us so will probably lay over at their house for a day or so but will most likely hit up Curtis Canyon. Are there primitive sites in the Shadow Mtn area or just find a good spot to park?

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    'big eddy'/Rainey Bridge on the Teton River, just not on weekends.
    added to list

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Norseman, you show up, let the local mags take care of the rest.

I’d be down for a mag Targee bike meet up.

Id be there for that.
    Caution, though, the next three weekends at Targhee will be a shitshow (enduro race, Wydaho Bike Fest, NICA race)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Jobs at Jackson and Targhee

Hey TGR!

First post on here so go easy on my poor ass. I'm a Canadian who moved to Australia, and has been going back and instructing in BC for the past 3 winters. Was doing some daydreaming the other day about working a season in the states after I finish up University. Any word on instructing at Jackson Hole or Grand Targhee? My understanding is I'll probably get more work at Jackson, but it'll be dummy expensive living there. Targhee will get less work but will be more affordable. Any knowledge on what rent's like in those areas? Just trying to do some homework before I make poor life decisions ! Cheers for the insight

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Thanks b-bear, we're going to wait until after Labor Day to roll into Jackson. We've got puffy jackets, hats and pants ready to roll.

I have some friends in Alta, WY that are going to go for a ride or two with us so will probably lay over at their house for a day or so but will most likely hit up Curtis Canyon. Are there primitive sites in the Shadow Mtn area or just find a good spot to park?
    Let us know when you get to town and I’ll join for a few rides. I know my way around the pass pretty well, but still get lost in Cashe Creek on the Snow King side of things.

There are a couple pairs of Fisher ranger 98ti's in 180 and 188 at the tent sale on the village, half off.
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

I’m in Moose right now, but my son says there is a big wildfire in downtown JH on the butte.

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

I started a thread in the PR

Ok.

My son was able to snap so pics.

Ironically a fire started on this very day in 201? Threatened town.

Name:  IMG_0421.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  97.3 KB

From Jackson PO

Name:  IMG_0415.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  65.4 KB

Mark Twain

Some of the houses are already gone...