Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1586
  1. #1426
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tech Bro Central
    Posts
    2,851
    Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Wait’ll you see what they did to the Village Cafť.
    I got over that one a while ago.

    We have some funny memories from the VC. We had a birthday party for one of our daughters there. It was at 5:00 or so, after the ski crowd had mostly thinned. Dom made a bunch of pizzas and Mrs. Suit had the table in the corner all decorated with 10-year-old girl decorations. She went out for a minute and when she got back there was Coolio (I think he played the Moose that night) sitting at the birthday table. She had to ask him nicely if he could move to the bar.

  2. #1427
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    I got over that one a while ago.

    We have some funny memories from the VC. We had a birthday party for one of our daughters there. It was at 5:00 or so, after the ski crowd had mostly thinned. Dom made a bunch of pizzas and Mrs. Suit had the table in the corner all decorated with 10-year-old girl decorations. She went out for a minute and when she got back there was Coolio (I think he played the Moose that night) sitting at the birthday table. She had to ask him nicely if he could move to the bar.
    ...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coolio-Gets-off-Three-Year-Probation-Early-for-Gun-Case.jpeg 
Views:	95 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	289317
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

  3. #1428
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wilson
    Posts
    1,237
    Back in town for good now. Hope you all are doing alright this summer. Curious if anyone has any recommendations for a residential roofer to help me see how it's hanging. I've heard it might be cheaper to look for someone in IF as well
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

  4. #1429
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,330
    I know how to look at your roof.

    With a beer in hand. Maybe do a Jay.

    Welcome home. Epic trip and I'm sure many enjoyed the Reports/photojournalism.

    You didn't miss anything. it snowed. It's gonna snow again.

    There's a beer waiting for a ' Mag ' from Nutmeg Choi over at the village gas station; on their chalkboard by the liquor store. You deserve it.

    Got pass yet? We all do...

  5. #1430
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Driggs
    Posts
    177
    How's the knee and 'hab going? We've just been frittering away the summer biking,and fishing over the pass.

  6. #1431
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,330
    Yo NY - things are good. Knee is coming right along. Feel fairly confident skiing will be good to go although I'll prolly reel it in a bit this next season.
    Just started riding the Moto again and working. Feels good.

  7. #1432
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    wilson wy
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    There's a beer waiting for a ' Mag ' from Nutmeg Choi over at the village gas station; on their chalkboard by the liquor store. You deserve it.
    It's still redeemable? Over a year!

  8. #1433
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,330
    There you are sneaky!!!!

    Yup, over on the 'Karma Couloir' chalkboard it's still up there. Saw it in the spring and it took a sec to figure but then - Hey! checkitout!

    Saw Super Gaper driving by yesterday methinks, he hollered. Working and living the dream...
    Watcha doing Schwerty? Let's go fishing before Halloween.

    Who out there in the Wide World is coming to ski JH this next season, Mags?

    Making plans for Nigel...

  9. #1434
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    5,069
    I might detour for a visit between SLC and the wind Rivers in a few weeks depending on friends. Haven't been in too long and there are people worth seeing

  10. #1435
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I might detour for a visit between SLC and the wind Rivers in a few weeks depending on friends. Haven't been in too long and there are people worth seeing
    If'n ya wanna stay here in town, you are welcome at my abode. Would be psyched to see ya as we missed at Beartooth. Welcome anytime my friend...

  11. #1436
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    No longer Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    1,151
    Always exciting to see these threads getting bumped... summer will be over soon!

  12. #1437
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wilson
    Posts
    1,237
    Thanks DJ may take you up on that. I'll be getting a pass for sure. Hope everyone is getting after it
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

  13. #1438
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,330
    Prices go up for full pass by about $650 on sept. 1.

    Git sum...

    At the ski area, a few new things, they have shaved off the top of the departure area from the summit. Trying to change the snowdrift geography beneath incoming car 2. Where you click in then ski past Patrol shack on your right, ropeline on the left, that knoll is gone and it's a smooth runway towards Corbets now.

    They replaced the 25 year old steel water supply pipes up Lower gros ventre with nice green plastic ones. Maybe 10-12" water mains for a few miles up that run took all spring/summer.

    Lowest dick's ditch has been denuded. Summer grooming. First time for that.
    The roll into lower amphitheater below horn's hole has been reshaped so all angles of entry have no more blind spots.
    New entry for tickets beneath the tram dock. Hopes to be less anxiety inducing than the last 50 some years.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Sure has beena nice cool green spring here and summer is around but not hot or hazy yet. Only the first plants are thinking about croaking. I've been working between 6300-7500 ft above and it's still 40's in the am and 72-84 pm. Perfect for outside work.

    And motorcycling. Finally got back on that horse. And performed some successful wrenching to boot so no more erl leak. Good to go fast again. about 120 HP for 700 lbs. full load. Fresh Dunlops. Miles of sagebrush straightaways or twisty mountain passes with barely any traffic.
    Bruce SS, let's take a lap before the snow flies.


    I hope it snows this year.

  14. #1439
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    monument
    Posts
    5,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    There you are sneaky!!!!

    Yup, over on the 'Karma Couloir' chalkboard it's still up there. Saw it in the spring and it took a sec to figure but then - Hey! checkitout!

    Saw Super Gaper driving by yesterday methinks, he hollered. Working and living the dream...
    Watcha doing Schwerty? Let's go fishing before Halloween.

    Who out there in the Wide World is coming to ski JH this next season, Mags?

    Making plans for Nigel...
    I'll be up there for sure, one taste is not enough.
    5 days at JH and then 5 at Big Sky.

    Thanks again for showing me around last year!
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

  15. #1440
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,768
    Got my Grand Pass yesterday. Itís going to be a good year.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  16. #1441
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    705
    Glad to see DJ on the mend! I'll be skiing JH sometime this coming season.

  17. #1442
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,330
    Hell yeah, sweet. Pfluffenmeister and Goniff.
    I'm psyched to ski with both of ya, 2 years running.

    I agree it's gonna be a good year.

    Knee's on the mend: Full ACL replacement harvested from quad,meniscus trim and partial MCL. I'd give it a B minus right now.

    Meister - the mags in Big sky are top shelf fun. Reach out or I'll connect ya. Might even go up for a day. Gotta go crush the north summit snowfield.

    I musta skied with 25-30 mags here last year. Man that was fun. Some for days, some for a coupla laps. All cool in different ways. Dig it. Then both BBI's and 2 trips to Big Sky last year. Prolly 30 more mags.

    I have 5 - 1/2 off passes. Mallwalker gets dibs on one cuz' I gave him one last year for one of the only blackout days. Didn't even know there were any. Other 4 up for grabs for poor mags or a parent springing for the family, oof.

    Most leftover skis/hardgear at 50% off in the valley. Who needs what?
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 08-21-2019 at 06:15 PM. Reason: No, I'm not buying.

  18. #1443
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Hell yeah, sweet. Pfluffenmeister and Goniff.
    I'm psyched to ski with both of ya, 2 years running.

    I agree it's gonna be a good year.

    Knee's on the mend: Full ACL replacement harvested from quad,meniscus trim and partial MCL. I'd give it a B minus right now.

    Meister - the mags in Big sky are top shelf fun. Reach out or I'll connect ya. Might even go up for a day. Gotta go crush the north summit snowfield.

    I musta skied with 25-30 mags here last year. Man that was fun. Some for days, some for a coupla laps. All cool in different ways. Dig it. Then both BBI's and 2 trips to Big Sky last year. Prolly 30 more mags.

    I have 5 - 1/2 off passes. Mallwalker gets dibs on one cuz' I gave him one last year for one of the only blackout days. Didn't even know there were any. Other 4 up for grabs for poor mags or a parent springing for the family, oof.

    Most leftover skis/hardgear at 50% off in the valley. Who needs what?
    The voucher might be just the motivation I need to make a follow-up trip to the Village definitely some shit I didn't get to ski last year.

    Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

  19. #1444
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    tetons
    Posts
    6,668
    I'm psyched to see this bumped- hadn't noticed the priors!
    Glad things are healing and glad people are making winter pilgrimages back too

    this is my first winter in like 15yrs that I will have a fully full on everyday pass so looking fwd to more weekdays with mags

    more days getting into the 30's overnight too....bwahahaha
    skid luxury

  20. #1445
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    The voucher might be just the motivation I need to make a follow-up trip to the Village definitely some shit I didn't get to ski last year.

    Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk
    I will hook you, ya big devil dog, Fo sho. I owe you for multiple scores.
    Snow land, Gorilla glue...

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Look forward to many laps with Baby Bear, and safety discussions. Ultra safe we are.

  21. #1446
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    tetons
    Posts
    6,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Look forward to many laps with Baby Bear, and safety discussions. Ultra safe we are.
    I think we might need to even make extra inspections of the huts, to ensure safe structural integrity

    and kokomas- about your roof- shieet. I just finally, after a solid year of being on the lists, got Fortress Roofing out of SLC to redo my roof
    but off-season may bring more opportunities for locals to have the time to chk it out. or I can help hold the ladder while DJ checks it out lol
    skid luxury

  22. #1447
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    407
    Iíd like a Django and schwerty tour complete with granite canyon laps , etc ... possibly get out there in feb ...

  23. #1448
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,768
    Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    I'm psyched to see this bumped- hadn't noticed the priors!
    Glad things are healing and glad people are making winter pilgrimages back too

    this is my first winter in like 15yrs that I will have a fully full on everyday pass so looking fwd to more weekdays with mags

    more days getting into the 30's overnight too....bwahahaha
    I paid full price for a pass this year so Iíll be ready to go 7 days a week from open to close, donít leave me out of the loop BBear and DJango!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  24. #1449
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,330
    Cooler AM temps; a little color, other than green, around the valley; And it's the last week of August.
    My annual signals that 2 of the three offseasons have passed. Fall is awesome but the November doldrums of anticipation are brutal.

    Time to scan for ski stuff needs while it's as cheap as it's gonna get. Thing is, I don't need a damn thing. I have 2+ of all soft/hard gear. Wish I'da mounted the new skis last season as a new sharp edge may well have prevented my Knee ding. Tough luck.

    Structural Safety Inspector - always on the clock.

    SFB knows roofs, PM him. He might trade fish for skillz...

    Greenmachine - you are inked in for the Village and Darkside tours.

    Skibrd - didn't you work for the man? Get in the loop, we'll have ya. Glad you got the full boat, worth every penny.

    Quite the local contingent here in JH. Sundays at 11 at Casper may get busy. Down days midweek's gonna be just us kooks ripping bowls and crushing the village. And Ikon smackage.

    The ski bum vibe here is like the solar system: A handful of major players, many smaller but uniquely important ones, then all the rest of the dynamic and changing features. Occasionally someone really amazing pushes through.
    Hard to say who's the sun though, maybe skijunky. He's fosho a planet methinks.

    I shorted my season by five days last year b'cuz da knee. Can ya tell I'm jonesing to get 'em back?

  25. #1450
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Hell yeah, sweet. Pfluffenmeister and Goniff.
    I'm psyched to ski with both of ya, 2 years running.

    I agree it's gonna be a good year.

    Knee's on the mend: Full ACL replacement harvested from quad,meniscus trim and partial MCL. I'd give it a B minus right now.

    Meister - the mags in Big sky are top shelf fun. Reach out or I'll connect ya. Might even go up for a day. Gotta go crush the north summit snowfield.

    I musta skied with 25-30 mags here last year. Man that was fun. Some for days, some for a coupla laps. All cool in different ways. Dig it. Then both BBI's and 2 trips to Big Sky last year. Prolly 30 more mags.

    I have 5 - 1/2 off passes. Mallwalker gets dibs on one cuz' I gave him one last year for one of the only blackout days. Didn't even know there were any. Other 4 up for grabs for poor mags or a parent springing for the family, oof.

    Most leftover skis/hardgear at 50% off in the valley. Who needs what?
    I will be yer HUCKleberry one or two of those halfers. You have snowbird comps waiting if you head south this year
    Bunny Don't Surf

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •