Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1592
    Thx Tye

Kinda hard to explain the actual scene. It's easy to get under the rope which goes right down the ridgeline between inbounds and a big blind canyon. In less than 5 seconds an unknowing skier can go from following you at 20 paces to being alone on a massive downslope that visually falls away and is about 2500vert +. And it sucks to hike back up there, as it's steep and soft almost always.

The reason it came up so quickly in convo, was that we saw it become a terrain trap on a megascale when they put the lift access to that end of Granite.

And to Flowings point, yeah that's some BS them pushing back. That won't help fosho. Not even sure I understand their position...

And FWIW, I've skied all over this place and I still ask for a route plan without fail to begin, when I'm following. And when following Skijunky, well I just tell him I'll go around and meet him at the bottom...

Where we going? That's all I ever need to know. See ya there.
    I bet I asked that 50 times at the BBIs. To the point of annoyance methinks.

Rain, rain, go away...

Long term forecast doesn't seem to suggest corn skiing anytime soon.....

While I applaud the kid taking responsibility, his sorry note was horseshit, particularly making sure that we all know it was only a momentary lapse of judgement. Just say you fucked up, you're sorry. You don't really need to highlight that you're otherwise a prudent person that is typically wise. Go back to the valley, kook.

So straw poll, anyone actually bailing on the village pass this year after last years Ikon shenanigans?

I'm being incredibly wishy washy on the whole thing. Was totally on board with the base ikon bribe with a grand pass but now that it doesn't apply to JH Air program passes that hoses 50% of my household, and am back to contemplating targhee only.

I'll probably get drunk and buy them at the last second on Thursday, but I really don't want to give the vill confirmation that they can continue to fuck the local. Then I think about how I actually only live here for the winters (I'm not one of those stayed for the summer types) and think why wouldn't I buy a grand.

I am having a moral crisis and need peer pressure one way or another.
    Live Free or Die

living in Jackson, I don't think I could forgo the grand pass. I know some people who claim they'll buy a snow king pass and just ski BC the rest of the time, but I can't give up on lap after lap of lift-served backcountry, or those days when even inbounds is free refills all day. If we end up in an extended snow drought, I want to be able to mach groomers and bash ice bumps on heavy resort skis. touring is great, but it's not the same.

if I lived in drictor, targhee only would be very appealing. I think...I only ski it when JHMR is closed.

holding out hope that ikon isn't as lucrative as jerry blann expected, that mary kate is secretly pissed at the whole situation, and that JHMR is planning on pulling out after 3 years with the hope that they've gotten thousands of first-time JH skiers hooked on paying full price for lift passes. that, or the kemmerers sell out to a benevolent billionaire.

We were really trying not to buy them but looks like the fam is gonna cave tomorrow. I dig skiing at the village. Just a little less with the crowds.
    I’m going for the bypass thing.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I was going back and forth but decided to suck it up and buy a pass today, definitely not happy that they won't do the Ikon benefit on the JH Air discount passes. Kind of a kick in the nuts to many locals.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

If you're in the village this afternoon, free beer n viddles at the village mixer in hotel terra.
    It's not the four seasons, but shirt and shoes are required.

Big day for me tomorrow: 9 am at the massage therapist to get the brutal kink outta my lower back; Noon at the PT shop to have the tranny fluid changed in my knee; Then a Reaming down at Hoback sports to secure my pass on the final day of the spring sale.

Gonna get my ass kicked from head to toe by 5pm.

Prolly not gonna do the bike upgrade...I got Steve Romeo's DH bike hanging in the garage, hasn't come down since he passed away.

BB - Théoden, Hahahahahahahah. Before or after- the wormtongue look or the post Gandalf look(I hope)?

We're gonna ski more next season; hell, it's june already.

D.U. Sounds like a back and blue day. Wallet included.

Yeah we’re doing it today.

I only know one person who’s not getting a pass this year. Shame too, he’s had a pass forever.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Yeah, I made the leap just now.

I live in Victor, and on that side at least, my social circle all bailed on the vill. It was tough but I didn't move here to brail ski Targhee.
    Live Free or Die

Kerplunk.

$1469 = Full season pass w/all benefits; An Ikon base pass to all those places; Mt. Collective locations -1/2 off daily tix anytime. Full summer Tram access which is so fucking key.

For as jacked as I am right now, I'm psyched for skiing next season. There was some debate whether to go full tilt boogie or not. I did.

Hope to ski with all you youts again, and more.

Just had a chatty with S-I-J who was kind enough to offer me his skills to dial in the old ride, thank you my friend. Very much look forward to future good times with you and yours.

Niceish weather here for a few days after drizzly gray for quite a while. Glad for it. Gotta get me some dandelion killer dammit.

Fargin great massage for almost 2 hrs this am, then had a fun if not easy PT sesh and then unloaded the Grand Pass cashola.
    Easiest, best $$$ I spend. Skiing the village every morning, for better or worse. Man, it's my fucking H...

@djongo decided on the "by pass". Looking forward to next season but still having some fun out here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Djongo =Stoke

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

FKNA! How about that... I think you two skied together when Smasher was here. Thanks my friends. Hope to see both of you soon...

Lindenle, mr 13 posts in 5 years, so funny. Great to see you survived the Alaskan Gnarfest. Please PM me your digits as we have much to party over.

Fuck, now I wish SVS was gonna be there for that. Laughing already. Maybe meet on top of Beartooth in 3 weeks right about now and have a sesh...

edit: that looks fucking Tittayz bytheway, dang.

P.s. how do I ikon after all the shit I've talked.

Alaska was banger. Trip report still to come. Perhaps when it is warmer out and I need to stoke the stoke.

One more of your favorite.

Edit: May 24, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by lindenle View Post

That’s a skintrack from Hell, but I’m a glutton for punishment and I’ve gotta say... that looks fun. Keep the stoke alive!

Nice stoke lindenle! I went with the 7day by pass. Looking forward to the season! I had a blast getting out with you guys this season. I was a bit worried about my status for next year, due to a hip that has been painful for several months. Once I got back from the Exum camp, I got the wheels in motion to get it checked out. Turns out it was severe osteoarthritis and I'll be getting a replacement over the summer. But the doc and my PT say they'll have me good to go well before ski season gets going.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

EagleCody - dang, hope to see ya this summer; holla next trip over. Good luck with the surgery.

So I hear that Lindenle's stoke photos don't even begin to describe the sufferfest . I heard it took over 4hours to get outta GC. That could be a record. Ha!
    And the slide out musta been heinous.

TFT - that's a punisher you might avoid...

Up the box this AM and a handful of skiers over in Cody. Said it was slushy by 11. Still 8 feet on the summit.

Skied beautiful corn on Sunday in Cardiac Bowl. Snow was pretty sun-cupped down to the saddle, but continuous except for having to cross the road. The one pitch was nice. Snow was not rotten, so the hike back out involved zero postholing.

It’s raining again.

For those mags passing through Yellowstone and GTNP, it is rare to see Wyoming so green- especially at this time of year. It’s normally very dry here.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by skiing-in-jackson View Post
    It’s raining again.

For those mags passing through Yellowstone and GTNP, it is rare to see Wyoming so green- especially at this time of year. It’s normally very dry here.
    Mrs. Suit wakes up this morning (in Palo Alto), looks at her phone and says "shit. It's raining. I was gonna go for a bike ride." Our curtains are pulled shut so we can't just look out the window. A minute or so later -- "it's raining in Jackson ..."

Last week she texted me a photo from what used to be Elevated Grounds. It made me very sad. I loved that place when Zach & Stacy ran it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    Last week she texted me a photo from what used to be Elevated Grounds. It made me very sad. I loved that place when Zach & Stacy ran it.
    Wait’ll you see what they did to the Village Café.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda