Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    I always used to ski the village w at least a beacon etc on the deep days. Wild terrain!

Oh and the backcountry did not suck either. So awesome to be strong and getting after it. Already I've made more turns this year than all of last season.

Sent from my HTC6535LRA using TGR Forums mobile app
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    +++++++Like.

py cell phone pics from thunder this morningClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181202_094246585_HDR.jpeg 
Views:	145 
Size:	148.1 KB 
ID:	258174Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181202_094040024.jpeg 
Views:	139 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	258175
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Looks good! I got sidelined with a sick kid. Have fun out there.

More food nerd news...apparently Phoenix And Dragon (upscale noodle joint) will be opening up ‘near’ the town square. Might put the hurt on Noodle.
    Anyone else know anything? Maybe the old Lotus (Glenwood) location?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    py cell phone pics from thunder this morningClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181202_094246585_HDR.jpeg 
Views:	145 
Size:	148.1 KB 
ID:	258174Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181202_094040024.jpeg 
Views:	139 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	258175
    Aw... man. I do love me some Thunder trees.

Posting to subscribe.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    More food nerd news...apparently Phoenix And Dragon (upscale noodle joint) will be opening up ‘near’ the town square. Might put the hurt on Noodle.
    Anyone else know anything? Maybe the old Lotus (Glenwood) location?
    I heard this as well. I haven't been impressed by the food at the Whole Grocer though. I am stoked that Momo Shack is going into Bon Appe Thai.

Wow, what a fine opening week!

Better than average coverage - we usually start slow. onpiste is solid and groomers are getting wider. off piste has been surprisingly good and mostly safe.

Skied with Kokomas a few hrs the other day. Little did we know, we have been friends at a distance for years. I just didn't know his handle or that he'd moved out. Cripes, he was my landlord about 7-8 yrs. ago. Funny and crazy, that. Choice pics of thunder BTW.

Koko ripped a lap with me and the Bears after a quick meet up at the casper fireplace. He bolted for Fam duties and since nobody wanted to warm up we split and took laps for a few hours. B-bear is solid and brought it with local skills as me and Dad Bear marveled at the big soft bumps from the top of Thunder all the way down through Riverton. Big bumpy crud skiing for getting in shape. We discussed how training in Jackson means doing power laps the first 2 weeks. Fuck ski fitness classes.

Then a few easier casper laps and ganjy laps through the gunpowder on lower GV. Sure did enjoy skiing with you all today and look forward to many more.

Dad actually put the hammer to me today enough to debate my din settings...rolling big G's, flexing long skis and arcing at mach schnell in pow bumps, powerslipping at 40+mph.

Where's the ibuprofen?

-over by the nugs.

Great seeing you guys today, hope for some more runs soon.
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

I'll be cruising over to JH from the Boise area this week looking to get some turns in prior to the local hill (Bogus Basin), opening up. I'll be skiing Wed-Fri at JH if anyone wants to make a few turns, just PM me. Looking forward to, what looks like some pretty solid early season snow!

been enjoying my new ski buddies too
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    I always used to ski the village w at least a beacon etc on the deep days. Wild terrain!

Oh and the backcountry did not suck either. So awesome to be strong and getting after it. Already I've made more turns this year than all of last season.

Sent from my HTC6535LRA using TGR Forums mobile app
    Great news HMS!

Some good stuff out there today. Upper kemmerer and St Johns surprisingly soft. While I don't know how rocky it us patrol opened up trees right of sundog as I was leaving.

Eagle, I'm a few years short of my tour guide badge but I'm going to be on the hill the next couple days, I'll pm youClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181204_123608749.jpeg 
Views:	129 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	258489

Looks like the Mrs. and I will be heading out to JH for Thursday / Friday next week (13th and 14th). Not seeing much snow in the forecast, but we've never been so looking forward to getting out to make some turns.

Any recommendations on where to pick up reasonably price tickets? Spending canuck-bucks gets spendy down south.

After some TGR research it looks as though JH passes do not really go in the cheap - ordered up a few 2-dayers for the wife and I. Hope the forecast brings us some flakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^ yeah, the deals on tickets are few and far between and almost non-existent. JHMR is to some extent , the only show in town. Coverage is good and likely some new upper mountain terrain opened by the time you arrive.

And it's like skiing at the morgue out there right now. Dead.
    Only skiers are locs with free time and savvy regionals. Plenty O' Mags here to show you the good times.

Forecast is lean with potential for shift mid next week. Bring snow with ya.

-5 at the base right now. Boy Howdy!

Mountain Collective? That is how we have made our run at Jackson for the last several years. MLK weekend this year again.

If you're looking to throw in a Targhee day the the Teton Idaho ski foundation has a card for 25$ that gives you a JHMR pass for 86$ and a Targhee and Snow King BOGO. All are one time shots. The Foundation gets local kids on the snow who would otherwise not get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLineSeeker View Post
    After some TGR research it looks as though JH passes do not really go in the cheap - ordered up a few 2-dayers for the wife and I. Hope the forecast brings us some flakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They do a promotion in January at 40% off daily lift tickets if you got a pass somewhere else. Our former little two week post holiday siesta has gotten a bit more crowded but a good option during, IMO, the best month to come to Jackson.
    Live Free or Die

Forgot about that ^ what a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    If you're looking to throw in a Targhee day the the Teton Idaho ski foundation has a card for 25$ that gives you a JHMR pass for 86$ and a Targhee and Snow King BOGO. All are one time shots. The Foundation gets local kids on the snow who would otherwise not get the chance.
    Speaking of Targhee...can Targhee passholers get a discount pass for 'anyone' again this year? The liftopia discount is nothing right now. Wife, girl and myself will be doing a Foghee Tuesday on the way to an evening flight at the Idaho Falls airport so I can drop them off and get myself over to Sun Valley for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Forgot about that ^ what a great deal.

Speaking of Targhee...can Targhee passholers get a discount pass for 'anyone' again this year? The liftopia discount is nothing right now. Wife, girl and myself will be doing a Foghee Tuesday on the way to an evening flight at the Idaho Falls airport so I can drop them off and get myself over to Sun Valley for the first time.

A pass holder can get you -20% at the window.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    They do a promotion in January at 40% off daily lift tickets if you got a pass somewhere else. Our former little two week post holiday siesta has gotten a bit more crowded but a good option during, IMO, the best month to come to Jackson.
    Just wait until the Ikon wave shows up in addition this coming January...

it was so cold this morning that my car groaned to start even in the garage
    snow is gonna be squeaky today
    skid luxury

I'm tentatively watching the weather reports for a possible quick trip out to JH in two weeks. Going to keep my options open, but I'd love to hit JH when they are getting dumped on. Heck, I'd probably settle for minor dumpage...
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Just wait until the Ikon wave shows up in addition this coming January...
    That's why I'm trying to hit it before the Xmas rush and pop my Ikon pass cherry. Lanyard and all, so I'll be core to the bone!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch