Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    The Resort management has recently made it clear that the locals hanging out around the village is no longer their preferred vision.
    Sad. Courting a bunch of Kjus wearing buffons who will by an $18.00 plate of mac and cheese and guzzle $16 drinks made by noob J1s is the vision.

I got all next week off if anyone wants to make a few Ghee turns. Hopefully this weather pattern continues.

To be fair the Village treats Mrs Snapt pretty damn awesome for a part timer, but I suppose ski school is a tad different.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Yeah, Lynn was super nice. She was one of the last of a group of lifties that were tight with the locals. Most of them now are just in it for the pass. She kinda got nudged out, as they all do.
    The Resort management has recently made it clear that the locals hanging out around the village is no longer their preferred vision.

Christ the Resort can't hardly give some jobs away. When the lifty on casper doesn't speak English well enough to tell you why you have to jump out of the chair, well, hell. Ask me how I know that, sometime.

Koko - you ready to go man? I keep looking at dudes skiing, wondering if that's you...
    DJ, tomorrow morning looks good. Sent you a pm
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by RPK 3 View Post
    Sad. Courting a bunch of Kjus wearing buffons who will by an $18.00 plate of mac and cheese and guzzle $16 drinks made by noob J1s is the vision.
    That is stunningly well put.

Great time and soft turns with Djongo this morning. Thanks man!
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

In non ski related news, I heard that Momo Shack is moving into the Bon Appe Thai location, and Kim's will be doing Korean, Pho, and other Asian things at the Ocean Garden location (or whatever that was called).
    This is good news!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

saw that too and was psyched!
    will be nice to have some variety
    skid luxury

Great, now we won't have to wait of Music on main for Momos.

18/19 Jackson/Targhee/Tetons Thread- Ski the big red one

I heard Streetfood is on the way out at the Coach and the Basecamp crew from the Pass Gas is taking over. No idea if that rumor is valid. Bummer to lose Streetfood if that’s the case. Oh well. I’ll visit their place over the hill.

Coach raised their rent 300% allegedly. I think they did the same to Pica's back in the day, or at least that was the rumor then also.

I think Butter is opening a joint in the Aspens to replace Streetfood somewhat, so you shouldn't have to wait long to get them back. Haven't made it to Butter dinner but breakfast was a staple this summer when I could get up early enough to miss the wait. Good stuff.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    I heard Streetfood is on the way out at the Coach and the Basecamp crew from the Pass Gas is taking over. No idea if that rumor is valid. Bummer to lose Streetfood if that’s the case. Oh well. I’ll visit their place over the hill.
    I'm almost glad to hear that. As they are taking over Elevated Grounds, have the Phoenix and Dragon at Whole Grocer, and Butter...keeping Streetfood would be a lot to manage!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Hit Ramen night at Butter yesterday, it was delicious. Sucks they got booted from the Coach but glad to have them on this side and they seem to be doing well.

The T-line/West Side is looking for someone to start up their food program. Kitchen's being remodeled, [going to be order at the counter/get a number], they are going to open the space behind the kitchen, east of the bar; likely add more ax-throwing, and have the back available for bands, functions, etc. It's a hoot talking to the Mills boys, they got a smokin' deal but admit to not knowing shit about running a bar/restaurant...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    That would SUCK if there is no replacement, I am addicted to their tacos. For real.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Slide in expert chutes, some people were underneath, heard they were all accounted for, positive vibes
    Thunder closed for now

Rumors are wildly circulating. Going to get a picture at lunch. Vibes to those caught.

we just spoke with a patroller friend and he said 2 full burials but all were accounted for at this point and alive. freaky!
    skid luxury

My 2 firsty laps in Grand woods were Bliss. 20 - 30 inches of soft light easy living.
    Walked past 75 peeps in the Bridger line around 8 and got on first sweetwater. First in singles line at thunder but opted out of first chair. Heard two avy bombs go off in Grannie's rox so that explained the Ganjala hold. Bet they were tweaked.
    Live and learn. This ain't checkers.
    I noticed Experts had already slid before we unloaded. Methinks slide was below Insomnia?
    Proceeded to make about 200 turns in the Kneedeep Woods. And again. deeper to the edge. tittayz.

Shitshow formed so 3 laps on Casper for fun.

Any mags wanna meet tomorrow at Casper fireplace at 11? Holla. Laps...
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 12-01-2018 at 04:25 PM. Reason: poor grammar

If I’m out there I’ll meet up at 11. Prolly skiing with Wife and Daughters tho.

Gah, I wanna come ski at the mtn with you guys. What a hill. Post pics for your lurking web friends.

I always used to ski the village w at least a beacon etc on the deep days. Wild terrain!

Oh and the backcountry did not suck either. So awesome to be strong and getting after it. Already I've made more turns this year than all of last season.

Sent from my HTC6535LRA using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    I always used to ski the village w at least a beacon etc on the deep days. Wild terrain!

Oh and the backcountry did not suck either. So awesome to be strong and getting after it. Already I've made more turns this year than all of last season.

Sent from my HTC6535LRA using TGR Forums mobile app
    I tend to ski the vill w/ beacon on deeps too. After Steve Haas died in tensleep, I wanna be ready to save someone. Or be found. Mostly the former.

Come over and ski with us, west sloper.

The 11 meetup can be just a howdy or lets take a lap. No worries, ask for change...

Norse - just show up. I realize it's not that simple but...I am indebted to you for re-igniting my Bridger flame.
    Yeah dude, you and me at the village on a big day...fuuuuuuuuck. I'd have to wear my extra stealth outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Gah, I wanna come ski at the mtn with you guys. What a hill. Post pics for your lurking web friends.
    I’m with this dood.
    So glad everyone came out ok from that slide.
    You all from Harry land to DJ land are killing me with all the early season snow. Gah. Stoked for you all!!
    I’m out of PTO until Jan so any trips for this cat need to be the short weekend variety.
    Did feel good to get a BBI training day in yesterday.

I will be out in the morning and will see you all at Casper at 11. Had fun this afternoon skiing with BB and Mr BB

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    This
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?