Too many people
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	86782289-3499-4513-BBD8-DF15D4187944.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	366.9 KB 
ID:	270874
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by SchuCrew View Post
    Check out Tristan Brown's instagram story (tetonbrown on instagram). Looks like him and crazy karl were the ones building the kicker. Don't think they've hit it yet
    Anyone remember the front page photo back in about 2000 where the the guy tried to jump the road and came up short by about 1 foot? Smacked the opposite wall. I kept that page, gotta find it.

I planned on tram laps yesterday. Longest line on the hill. 2-4 car wait.
    Fuckfuckfuckfuck that Ikon pass. Shit's gonna get nasty around here by next season. Word is we're tied in for 3 yrs. Ikoners may avoid this place by yr. 3.

Comish - Pm me about yoself and maybe we can find you a couch. Fixin to get soft around here. Also cast about in the Wasatch thread for someone interested in coming up.

Adi - being appropriately non-committal on the forecast; no jinxing there. "or so, looks like, could" all safety nets. Next be awesome. metinks you right.

Goniff - On Koko's word, your golden. If there's soft, we'll find it. Holla ...

TFT - Sweet, keep me in the loop; both of ya? Need anything?

re: the cartoon. I have yet to see an Ikoner on red sticks. Too fast for them.

I noticed that over the long holiday weekend, Many folks in threads about other big western ski areas said it was noticeably slower than they might have expected. I wonder if the few Ikon blackout dates are That noticeable. Would appear to be a direct connection then.

Deep base, great snow, pushing capacity at JH. Not sure that has even occurred to those numbnuts. Skiing is actually fairly easy to get up, just jammed at the box with not experts, sightseers, waffle eaters etc. groups of 6 year olds...shit like that.

Bring back the goddamned $2 tram ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post

Bring back the goddamned $2 tram ticket.
    And the beer and a shot at the Bearclaw!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Got me a room at the o-so-schwanky Motel 6 for the backup plan. Still planning a Monday arrival and Tuesday departure to get 2 days in town.

I'm one of those dreaded Ikon passholers,

I can confirm Mammoth has been way less crowded on the black out weekends. Pretty good info is that 70 to 75% of the passes were base passes, which for Mammoth, makes sense. We love the black out days now. Such a reversal from past years when people wouldn't go to Mammoth on the busy holiday weekends.
    He who has the most fun wins!

I noticed that over the long holiday weekend, Many folks in threads about other big western ski areas said it was noticeably slower than they might have expected. I wonder if the few Ikon blackout dates are That noticeable. Would appear to be a direct connection then.
    Nope, at the really Big unless you have a Gold level pass you are blacked out. Still plenty of IKON passes, just a lot less local types.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Nope, at the really Big unless you have a Gold level pass you are blacked out. Still plenty of IKON passes, just a lot less local types.
    The Ikon *Base* pass WAS blacked out at the really Big over the long holiday weekend. So... maybe?

But didn't the Ikoners get punted off the Big last weekend? And not a noticeable diff.? I'm unclear...

Gonna snow like crazy one of these days. Invite open to you for a bed and 1/2 off vouchers. Bring Harry and Tali.

Motel 6 is fast becoming the Mag haven; subway and domino's, Kmart and a bus stop, next door.

edit: Ah so, a level not blacked out, hmmmm.

Fucking tram maze is as full as it gets right now, on the snow(tramcam) at about -3 degrees. -8 an hr. ago. Dead on Thunder, Sub and Casper.

Time seems ripe for some Pineapple Super silver haze. Slow roll to the vill. Maybe LPR laps after lunch...

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    But didn't the Ikoners get punted off the Big last weekend? And not a noticeable diff.? I'm unclear...
    For clarity:

Ikon Base: blackouts
    Ikon Full: no blackouts

Related:

Oh fuck me running, dog. FLASHBAX!!!!!!

Cranking the Scorps on my aftermarket JVC receiver, Me with a bag of <1000 357 magnums, black mollies and white crosses under the front seat of my 78 chevette. My 2 friends and I would debate how many hits of speed were on the days agenda. What? Presidential Physical fitness day? I'll have 4...600 yd dash in like 42 seconds. Then puking.

Klaus Meine, Herman Rarebell, Rudy Schenker, Matthias Jabs and Francis Bucholz.

Animal Magnetism be my fave.

For those looking to stay in a condo in Teton Village, my place is open at a steep discount from March 19 on. pm me or check out deals thread here

Also avail during mud season if anyone in need of a place until mid June
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by peterbmoorman View Post
    What kind of dog is that?

A powder hound....

Very cool photo. Is that Howard?
    Not Howard, it's me in the photo. And Lucky J. Dog, he's a res dog, things are working out pretty well for him.

Watching Cody get crushed today on the cameras. Blue bird!!!

Never flown into Jackson. I've always drove. Flying in Sunday AM. Does snow in the mountains affect flights landing at the airport much?

18/19 Jackson/Targhee/Tetons Thread- Ski the big red one

On a single antidote, I’ve landed at the airport while it was snowing at the Village. That was a pretty good trip.

I’ve only been delayed in the early morning flying out, due to icing and runway conditions.

The incoming flights typically land on time, in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    I’ve only been delayed in the early morning flying out, due to icing and runway conditions.

The incoming flights typically land on time, in my experience.

Nah there's been quite a number of delayed, rerouted and cancelled flights this winter, based on my weekly taxi driving and randomly checking the airport website. It's a lot easier to take off than land here.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

18/19 Jackson/Targhee/Tetons Thread- Ski the big red one

Well there ya go. Bad in and out!

Oh, do I remember the day ... waaaay back in 2016 when the whole airport shut down and evacuated and the power went out and the village was closed.

Waited in the airport for 10 hours, only to be evacuated, and then gave shelter to a random ski bum who got me a ride with a dude who lived in his car, and then smoked me up and we watched old Seth Morrison flicks on YouTube.

Any thoughts on driving from Snowbird 4pm to Jackson tomorrow night (sunday)?

Take 89 thru Cokeville and avoid the pass or take 15 and hope the pass is smooth sailing round 9pm Sunday thru the pass. Might be rocking a minivan or can upgrade to awd.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I just took a spin through the Pocatello and Riverton NWS forecast discussion pages. Here's a direct quote from the forecasters in Riverton:

"West of the Divide...Moderate to occasionally heavy snow will
    continue in Far Western Wyoming Monday through Tuesday as familiar
    everyday outdoor objects continue to become buried and disappear
    under an ever increasing snowpack there."

Meteorologists don't often get to write such poetry. Sigh..... you guys will get feet, we will have to be satisfied with inches.

Meteorologists don't often get to write such poetry. Sigh..... you guys will get feet, we will have to be satisfied with inches.
    When are you going to come down to ski? Didn't you get a new backcountry setup? It's not that far...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    I just took a spin through the Pocatello and Riverton NWS forecast discussion pages. Here's a direct quote from the forecasters in Riverton:

"West of the Divide...Moderate to occasionally heavy snow will
    continue in Far Western Wyoming Monday through Tuesday as familiar
    everyday outdoor objects continue to become buried and disappear
    under an ever increasing snowpack there."
    Buffed out the driveway, serviced the Kubota, dug out the fire pond hydrant, and spilt a storms worth of wood. Now where the hell did the heeler dog go? Red??. The Ghee AM.

Quote Originally Posted by animalstyle View Post
    Never flown into Jackson. I've always drove. Flying in Sunday AM. Does snow in the mountains affect flights landing at the airport much?
    I just recently got screwed coming and going from Jackson. Took two days the get there and two days to get out. We sat on the plane for four hours waiting to de-ice. WTF is that???

If you want to ski JH in great conditions, do whatever it takes to get here. AWD is recommended for this storm. I-15 is better for travelworthyness but the forecast even for the interstate is heavy snow. Windy weather site is saying maybe a lull in weather sun. aft/eve on I 15 corridor. Likely gonna be windy in SW WYO. Also, unless you know the route, 89 can be tricky in a whiteout. Teton pass will be cake by the time you get to it.

Tye has the best intel on recent flights. Sounds like Jer got the shaft full tilt. Sorry to hear that. Get on the plane and hope for the best. In a pinch they'll land elsewhere or return. then drive or not. Tough call.
    And skiing may be busy. The ghee will be sweet any day. I have vouchers for NoBu and the Really Big Fellas, anytime for the villy.

But first tracks in this storm could be the best of your life.

Oh yeah, skiing today was excellent. Fewer peoples and a coupla inches of windblown. 4/10 visibility up high but sweet carvy cold blown chalk with wind in 20-30mph breeze. Faceshots in your own plume.

Saw Passholer in line today. Pretty sure Skibrd too up high. I'm sleuthin' around, heh...BabyBear out tomorrow? PBM?