Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Oh yeah, the caliber of skier on the hill today was generally shite. I swear some of those folks were completely oblivious to their surroundings. It's just soul crushing to see the pussification of Teton village.
    Glad I wasn't the only one who though this! The wife and I quit early on 1/4, just so many shitty skiers out on the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    I may be hitting Jackson on the way to a wedding in early March. Have the Ikon pass.

Here’s my question does the lift ticket now include the Tram - or is that a separate cost like it used to be years ago?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Tram is included.

Psa: Sounds like no plowing from murie on the moose Wilson road until the govt shutdown ends

Quote Originally Posted by cdubski View Post
    Psa: Sounds like no plowing from murie on the moose Wilson road until the govt shutdown ends
    Saw that on the avi forecast this morning.

Village is skiing great today. Crowds are surprisingly light as well.

Free refills in the backcountry today. Quality of skiers and snow entirely satisfactory. No problem parking, just had to pay my dues by breaking the trail up there, which I'd rather do than follow someone else's. Quite windy above 8000', primarily from the SW but some swirling, created some shooting cracks at the ridgeline. Colder than I expected too. I get to ski for my birthday tomorrow, which will be most excellent since last year I was recovering from surgery so we just went to see Star Wars. Not the same. Hard to believe it's been a year, and I feel really strong, even the knees. Woo-hoo.

Awesome HMS! So happy to hear things are well. Happy bday!

It's good to have you out. The snow is better with you on it.

18/19 Jackson/Targhee/Tetons Thread- Ski the big red one

Village was great. Lots of great snow to be had all day long. Last run was the deepest by far, no forced face shots, real ones were too easily had.

God it feels good to be home! My legs are not ready for top to bottom laps, but it sure beats being cooped up on a shitty ship.

another sunday of storm skiing,mostly 2 box wait, powtown is back

Should be up there 1/15-1/22.
    OpenSnow is saying the next chance for significant accumulation begins (maybe) the week of 1/14.

Never been out of CO; hoping to get my eyes opened.
    Cheapest place with a hot-tub?
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

First tracks top to bottom -4k vert in shindeep sidecountry in about 13 minutes. Tittayz.
    R Bowl was indeed a challenge for charging; soft, blown into low firm but carvy bumptops. Pow. launch. Pow. ricochet. Pow. zoom...
    A-games required for the checkmate moves off of the first box on a pow day after a long dry spell.

No sleep 'til Brooklyn.

Gonna ski the fuck outta that box tomorrow.

Pow Day!
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

I had a meeting at 1030 but hot damn it was a deep 2 runs this morning on the pow clause.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    First tracks top to bottom -4k vert in shindeep sidecountry in about 13 minutes. Tittayz.
    R Bowl was indeed a challenge for charging; soft, blown into low firm but carvy bumptops. Pow. launch. Pow. ricochet. Pow. zoom...
    A-games required for the checkmate moves off of the first box on a pow day after a long dry spell.

No sleep 'til Brooklyn.

Gonna ski the fuck outta that box tomorrow.
    A game was needed yesterday for the bowl, today was easier, far drift was untouched

Best day of the season, no?

Adi - you got the best of the day, no question.

4" was the overnight call; well I couldn't find 4" anywhere. The overnight grinder forced a little snow into 14"-34" all over the place. No shit, my first lap was a struggle just to get to my sidecountry line.
    Fuck the snow was deep and just windpacked enough to be stiff. Oh, had I brought the super7's. I suffered a little on the full cambers but speed heals so...
    Cold, stiff pow untracked in shin to knee deep on firm. Half expected it to crack on me a few times. Cut, look for a shear; turn in and watch for peripheral ripples; Let em roll and get yer rock star on. Killer skiing today.

I bet I rolled thru a hip deep drift or wave 30 times in 3 hrs. Nothing below the boottop, offpiste, anywhere. Riding the Submarines had some positive aspects; Skiing out the South Hoback wiggle in 18" of tree-trickle pow was damn divine.

Another 3 car wait tram lap sent me to mid mountain, where I seshed in RJ;s hut with an old AF buddy then launched into a bombing run on the Saratoga Ridge. Goddamn amazing unknown terrain with knee to hip snow for about 2 miles.

Mother Nature loves this place. I just know it.

edit: 4 was the call at the base, 13 at the summit. makes more sense. 2nd hand info for the fail.
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 01-08-2019 at 08:00 AM. Reason: accuracy counts.

DJ, you’re fookin killing me bro....

^^^^ AHHHHH!!!

Please ULLR, bless next week as well.

Great day! Really fun skiing.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

I'm heading to Jackson this coming weekend. Anyone know of lift ticket deals I should be investigating?

Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post
    I'm heading to Jackson this coming weekend. Anyone know of lift ticket deals I should be investigating?
    40% off with a season pass to anywhere.

https://www.jacksonhole.com/golden-ticket.html

Edit: uglymoney clan headed out for MLK weekend Hostel raid MC pass tour 1. JH Sun, Mon, Ghee Tues, Sun Valley Thurs, Friday.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 01-08-2019 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Nice deal....my luck...I miss it by a couple days. I will be out Thur-Mon...(Super Bowl weekend trip).

Booked.

1/14-1/22.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post

Edit: uglymoney clan headed out for MLK weekend Hostel raid MC pass tour 1. JH Sun, Mon, Ghee Tues, Sun Valley Thurs, Friday.
    Any other deals? I am season pass-less

Pretty much a no on other deals to jhole. They've always been pretty stingy.

You might be able to snag some cheaper tickets from a staffer who needs cash. They usually give out 2 to each employee for Christmas, or at least they did.
    Live Free or Die

Forecast for next week isn/t trending well.
    Stay pat or reschedule?

Probably just go and keep my fingers crossed.
    All turns are good (but softer ones are better!).