Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    ^^^Once you post naked pics of girlfriend/sister/wife you should be able to choose whatever user name you like.

Wow didn’t know it would be that easy!

Pretty damn good skiing today! Cold wind kept the new snow pretty decent. Wind buff was found in places and that was damn good. Gonna hit Mammoth again tomorrow. SkiBum life is nearing it's end! Time to hustle for next winter is near!

Get some Mex!

I'm jealous.

If our ski lease was not finished I would consider heading up for part of this weekend. That being said, I'm pretty done at this point. There should be some good surf this weekend and I'm looking forward to being able to relax and surf.

What a season. 480 inches at Main Lodge is pretty awesome. About one full standard deviation above their 352 inch average.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Pretty amazing how the summit got 200 more.

Gonna be out there Sat/Sun if all holds. Solo. No kiddo.

Looking for the mex report tomorrow. Curious how this holds up this week. Doesn’t look like things are really supposed to warm up with highs at McCoy forecast in the 30s.

Team Comish will be out there for a family ski w/e since we aren't doing the camp this weekend. Hoping it either warms up or stays cold. In between I'm thinking would be the worst... Interesting may!
    He who has the most fun wins!

Define cold. High in the upper 30s at McCoy. Could that be cold enough? I doubt it if the sun is out, but wondering. Figure this time of year you need to stay in the 20s to keep the snow cold.

Comish...lets ski!!!! I'm there skiing Fri-Sun.

��MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND UPDATE��
    Saturday 5.25-Monday 5.27 we expect to operate the following lifts from 7:30AM-3PM: Broadway [1], Stump Alley [2], Face Lift [3], Roller Coaster [4], High Five [5], Unbound [6], Cloud Nine [9], Gold Rush [10], Discovery [11], Chair 12, Schoolyard [17], Chair 23 and the Upper & Lower Panorama Gondola. The Canyon Lodge area will be open for parking and access to the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Comish...lets ski!!!! I'm there skiing Fri-Sun.
    Sounds good! You solo or with the fam? I'm likely with the fam, but Mini Comish will want to ski the top the whole time so should work.

I'll also be in Mammoth Saturday through Monday with the wife, 12-year-old, and 9-year-old. We'll be mostly skiing the resort, but, if the weather clears, we might do a little fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Any where in town to take a shower free or cheap? Lining up a few trips and would rather camp, but we would also like to enjoy a wash now and again.
    The RV showers work. But if you want to treat yourself, the Double Eagle Spa in June Lake is pretty nifty. They've been running a $15 special, which gets you access to the pool, coed jacuzzi, nice showers, men's jacuzzi, and generally nice facilities, including immaculate shitters. They even give you a robe and towel. It's a nice treat when you're otherwise dirtbagging in your car. Also, we ran into Glen Plake there in April.

ETA: If you really want to dirtbag hard, just rinse yourself in the hot springs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Pretty amazing how the summit got 200 more.

Gonna be out there Sat/Sun if all holds. Solo. No kiddo.

Looking for the mex report tomorrow. Curious how this holds up this week. Doesn’t look like things are really supposed to warm up with highs at McCoy forecast in the 30s.
    Didn't go out today. Got a lead on a job, so spent the day haggling. Will be out tomorrow though! 4 inches projected tonight per snow-forecast.com. Noice!

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    Sounds good! You solo or with the fam? I'm likely with the fam, but Mini Comish will want to ski the top the whole time so should work.
    10 & 3 year old boys trip. I've got an instructor lined up for the morning so I can ski solo...a sitter that skis to help me with the 3 year old...LOGISTICS LOGISTICS LOGISTICS. Leave for Squaw on Sunday after skiing.

SEASONAL PASSES TO REMAIN CLOSED OVER MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
    100 Miles Of Road Cleared, But Late Storms, Above Average Snow Depth and Winter Conditions Cause Delay

Despite the heroic efforts of our crews working nearly seven days a week since the beginning of April to clear the high Sierra routes for the summer season, they will remain closed through the Memorial Day holiday weekend due to unusually heavy winter conditions this year.

The work this year has included a snow pack that was 161% of normal. Crews encountered a consistently deeper snow pack at lower elevations than is normal with drifts up to 25’ at the higher elevations, which has caused work to slow from a normal average of ½ mile per day most years to at times as little as 1/10 of a mile per day this year.

These late storms have also forced our crews to divert equipment and personnel to lower elevations to clear roads for the traveling public and necessitated plowing new snow just to reach the seasonal clearing work sites.

With the addition of adding two shifts per day and despite all of the above, Caltrans crews from District 10 and District 9 have succeeded in clearing snow from 100 miles of roads that are closed during the winter and will likely have all the snow removed from the routes within the next few days.

The estimated time of opening is dependent on the progress to remove remaining snow from the routes and the completion of any repairs needed to fix damage to the roadway, guardrail, culverts, drains and signs, due to damage from rockfall, trees, snow and ice prior to reopening the routes for the season.

Yosemite National Park manages Tioga Road inside the park boundary which remains closed with no estimate for when it is expected to open for the season.

For the safety of the traveling public and our crews, the routes will remain closed despite this progress as winter conditions will continue to persist and ice and rockfall will be a hazard particularly in the shaded sections of the roadways.

Ebbetts Pass and Sonora Pass require closure during the winter season. Sonora Pass has grades in excess of 20% and Ebbetts Pass has grades in excess of 23%, far exceeding typical highway grades of 6%. The steep grades, high elevation and narrow roads cannot accommodate snow removal equipment and vehicular traffic at the same time and make it hazardous to allow travel when icy conditions exist.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We know how important it is for communities on either side of the pass for the route to be open for the summer season. For the latest in highway information please check http://quickmap.dot.ca.gov or call our Road Condition Hotline at 1-800-427-ROAD (7623).

Writing this while the stoke is still pumping... Excellent day at Mammoth. Got there a little late with no issues parking (around 10 am). Lower lifts were running, and the lower snow was gobbled up by the early birds.

Then High Five and Facelift opened and changed the game. After a couple of low viz runs on Facelift and as the crowd was stacking up at that chair, I went to High Five. It was fucking awesome.

I met lots of skiers who weren't feeling the same amount as stoke. And that's when I knew that I made the RIGHT call to ski the 4FRNT Ravens. The reverse camber and minimal side cut was killing it in these conditions. I was expending way less energy than most, and definitely grinning more than most. Fantastic day with the right tools under my feet. Never a wait at High Five. Just lap after glorious lap.

The wife and I are locked in at a VRBO so we are heading to Mammoth for the holiday weekend come rain or shine. Neither of us have skied at Mammoth so i'm pretty stoked. Might also try to dip down to Bishop for some biking. We'll be there Saturday-Tuesday, if anyone wants to link up for some turns.

Great day after getting shut out yesterday. Skied pow, buff and chop of my own making 8a-2p lapped chair five for hours. Endless winter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Still snowing as I type here near the village at 4:45. Tomorrow should be amazing. If anybody is around give me a shout.

Frank, look for a PM.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Tempted to get down there but looks more rainy than snowy in the forecast I saw.

From YNP

❄️❄️❄️❄️

Despite a foot of new snow higher up and enough snow on other roads to divert plows from Tioga Road, road crews plowed through the Olmsted Point avalanche zone on Saturday and have been working in the Tenaya Lake area. Mono County crews are also working into the park from Tioga Pass.

(While Olmsted Point avalanche zone has been safe in current conditions, warmer weather may make the avalanche zone unsafe again, which could cause delays until the zone is safe again.)
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by bry View Post
    Great day after getting shut out yesterday. Skied pow, buff and chop of my own making 8a-2p lapped chair five for hours. Endless winter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    The hourly forecast on OpenSnow only shows Rain/snow mix on Friday after close. The rest looks to be snow.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Tempted to get down there but looks more rainy than snowy in the forecast I saw.
    Ah, typical Tahoe folk logic. Welcome to Mammoth where it snows.

Yeah, conflicted too.
    Do you think it likely MM will wimp out on running all the forecasted lifts if weather is crappy?

Gone from planning a few days stayover, to one...or none...
    I have been recovering from bruised ribs, so it's been easy to stay home last week or 2.
    But Y'all are making it sound like it might be cool to show up.

So wait for Spring to come back, next week?
    Or go get some now?
    Hope for soft pow, but be ready for hard ruts/wet butt/no viz?
    Dang...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

I'm planning on going unless life conspires to keep me home. Arrive early Saturday, leave Sunday. Hoping for some soft, but will be stoked with anything wintery. Kind of thinking of heading right over to chair 9. Likely will be smooth over there with all the recent snow and it being closed. Would be bummed if things didn't run, unless it was due to wind issues.

Gonna head back with my son once school gets out, and hope for spring then. He is sick this week, and was going come with me, but he isn't in good enough health for such a road trip. Figure I'll get a little winter before it is over, and be back for spring when it returns.

Kind of hoping they keep 1,3,23 running into August like they did two years ago. I've got a week in mid July I could get out for a few days. That would be a nice birthday present.

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Yeah, conflicted too.
    Do you think it likely MM will wimp out on running all the forecasted lifts if weather is crappy?

Gone from planning a few days stayover, to one...or none...
    I have been recovering from bruised ribs, so it's been easy to stay home last week or 2.
    But Y'all are making it sound like it might be cool to show up.

So wait for Spring to come back, next week?
    Or go get some now?
    Hope for soft pow, but be ready for hard ruts/wet butt/no viz?
    Dang...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    They will run the lifts if the weather = wind allows them to. Totally up to the weather gods, but they don't do the Squaw "I'm not gonna run some lifts because it's not crowded" program. If the wind / vis allows, lifts will run.

Hmmm, Sunday’s looking rough on the weather reports, but we’ll be there, me & kid, hoping it’s more towards awesome.