Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Yesterday was WAY better than sat, crowd wise - but still more crowded than I expected . Over by Eagle (lower half) it was spring-like by 10am. Snow at the top of the mountain was great!
    Lapped wipeout, monument and 'noids a few times with the kids. Nice snow. However, the groomed stripe of Scottys was a cluster-fuck! I was scared for the safety of the people that clearly should not have been on it and the people around them - but also a bit amused. I saw one woman eat it and lose a ski after side-slipping the first 20', slide about 25 yards before losing her other ski and poles and continue to slide out of control all the way to the bottom. I was sure she was gonna take someone out or seriously injure herself. Luckily, she didnt do either. All of the craziness was concentrated right along that little groomed stripe - like moths to a flame. Luckily, that also made it really easy to avoid.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob D! View Post
    Yesterday was WAY better than sat, crowd wise - but still more crowded than I expected . Over by Eagle (lower half) it was spring-like by 10am. Snow at the top of the mountain was great!
    Lapped wipeout, monument and 'noids a few times with the kids. Nice snow. However, the groomed stripe of Scottys was a cluster-fuck! I was scared for the safety of the people that clearly should not have been on it and the people around them - but also a bit amused. I saw one woman eat it and lose a ski after side-slipping the first 20', slide about 25 yards before losing her other ski and poles and continue to slide out of control all the way to the bottom. I was sure she was gonna take someone out or seriously injure herself. Luckily, she didnt do either. All of the craziness was concentrated right along that little groomed stripe - like moths to a flame. Luckily, that also made it really easy to avoid.

I think I saw that lady from 23. I was definitely worried watching her. We were counting the boarders who would drop into Scotty's not even make 1 turn before ending on their butt and sliding the whole fricken way down. Saw 2 run away snowboard missiles on Scotty's as well. Crazy.

On Sat. 23 took us probably 30 minutes to make a lap because there were so many Jerry's that couldn't get off the f'n chair it kept stopping!?!?

Wished i took a pict of the dude at the bottom of 1 with this huge black hat with "DOPE" in big white letters perched askew on his noggin while he was spilling most of a bloody at 10am. These are the weekends I wish I was somewhere else as the idiot factor was through the roof.

The line on 23 before ski team lunch was way out the maze. Longest line on a non-pow day I have seen on 23. The lower gondi at 10am on Sun took us 30 minutes! I guess still not as bad as the old days, but way worse than Xmas or MLK.
    He who has the most fun wins!

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    ...while he was spilling most of a bloody at 10am...
    What?
    Is this some kinda SoCal gangsta rap?
    Spillin' a bloody 4thah homiez?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Visiting the area for a couple of days, and I had low expectations for today but unexpectedly got first tracks down the main Bardini chute. Snow was excellent until about 8800', where it became mank central.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15487083202410.jpeg 
Views:	64 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	266904

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Haven't been there in ages, but the issue with Scotty's being filled with people way over their heads used to (maybe still) be caused by a signage problem. At the top and behind Cornice there would be prominent signs pointing to Roadrunner saying "Easiest Way Down" and "To Main Lodge". Now imagine you're a newbie and you come to where the road part of Roadrunner ends and ya gotta choose Scotty's or the backside (sure doesn't make sense that the backside would go to Main Lodge without another sign, right?).

They forgot to put much of a sign there.

Saturday (and Friday) were as jammed as I've seen it. 30 minutes at Chair 14? F that.
    McCoy bar did just under $20K in like 4 hours Saturday, lushes.
    Sundayfunday was full on though!

Looking down at Canyon Saturday 330pm
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190126_155302.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	266996

Headed towards the head chutes

Name:	20190127_105921.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	266997

Name:	20190127_110054.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	267000

Head Chute #2? Who knows..

Name:	20190127_122052.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	266998

Name:	20190127_110315.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	267001

Philippes.

Name:	20190126_122237.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	536.8 KB 
ID:	266999
    I have mastered all major sporting activities to a high degree of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    I think I saw that lady from 23. I was definitely worried watching her. We were counting the boarders who would drop into Scotty's not even make 1 turn before ending on their butt and sliding the whole fricken way down. Saw 2 run away snowboard missiles on Scotty's as well. Crazy.

On Sat. 23 took us probably 30 minutes to make a lap because there were so many Jerry's that couldn't get off the f'n chair it kept stopping!?!?

Wished i took a pict of the dude at the bottom of 1 with this huge black hat with "DOPE" in big white letters perched askew on his noggin while he was spilling most of a bloody at 10am. These are the weekends I wish I was somewhere else as the idiot factor was through the roof.

The line on 23 before ski team lunch was way out the maze. Longest line on a non-pow day I have seen on 23. The lower gondi at 10am on Sun took us 30 minutes! I guess still not as bad as the old days, but way worse than Xmas or MLK.
    And that is why I bounced Sunday morning. What a cluster fuck of people on Saturday. New routine will be get there about noon Sunday and ski through Thursday to miss the unwashed masses from Hell A over the weekend.
    I understand we all like skiing, but sheese.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Ran that program last week.
    Sunday afternoon through Thursday afternoon.
    Worked great.
    Never waited more than a few minutes for a lift the whole trip.
    Still amazed the hill is charging $30 to park in the Eagle lot.
    We always bus it up but still blows my mind people pay that.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnballs View Post
    Saturday (and Friday) were as jammed as I've seen it. 30 minutes at Chair 14? F that.
    McCoy bar did just under $20K in like 4 hours Saturday, lushes.
    Sundayfunday was full on though!

Looking down at Canyon Saturday 330pm

Name:	20190126_155302.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	266996

Headed towards the head chutes

Name:	20190127_105921.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	266997

Name:	20190127_110054.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	267000

Head Chute #2? Who knows..

Name:	20190127_122052.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	266998

Name:	20190127_110315.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	267001

Philippes.

Name:	20190126_122237.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	536.8 KB 
ID:	266999
    Nice shots!

How was it in Philippe's? How was the exit? I have not even looked at it this year.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    And that is why I bounced Sunday morning. What a cluster fuck of people on Saturday. New routine will be get there about noon Sunday and ski through Thursday to miss the unwashed masses from Hell A over the weekend.
    I understand we all like skiing, but sheese.
    I wish I could run that program! Stupid school for kids...

I considered paying for Eagle lot parking on Sun after checking out of the condo so I could get at my cooler more easily, but cheaped out and parked down the hill. Bad call - wife ended up renting a locker to put her jacket in because she got too hot and the family spent over 30 bucks on Apres while I schlepped down the hill to get the van at the end of the day.

Dropout X 6 and Climax X 2. Never a wait in line. Snow was good fun.

Does Mammy still have BAF? Anyone have one to spare? I have a hall pass President’s week and might try to ski Tues/Wed. Wishing I bought an IKON last spring and would just chase pow. Instead I might try mid winter Mammy for a few days. Never skied there any earlier than late April.

Name:	Capture 4.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	267145
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Had fun at June saturday and sunday. Arrived at 11 saturday morning and had to walk 75 yards to the lift. Yawpers that night at Tbar were awesome. Sidecountry sunday followed by dinner at the Lift, a walk across the street to High Sierra, and then a walk across the street to see Sherry McConkey at the Tbar.
    Looking forward to spending some time on the lower mountain in a storm
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Can you still park your van overnight in the main lot at June? My folks used to park their pace arrow there for many of my school holidays growing up.

Yes. I stayed there the first two nights then down at the lake last night.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

That great. Glad that hasn’t changed.

FS put a stop to overnighting in the lot several years, but sounds like the lightened up. We use to park our trailer there for week of skiing. Then signs went up and they cracked down Good to hear it is on again. The parking lot crew was always cool, and just kind of plowed around us.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Does Mammy still have BAF? Anyone have one to spare? I have a hall pass President’s week and might try to ski Tues/Wed. Wishing I bought an IKON last spring and would just chase pow. Instead I might try mid winter Mammy for a few days. Never skied there any earlier than late April.
    More details...

https://www.mammothmountain.com/wint...friend-tickets

It appears that the pass holder now has to be present to buy BAF tickets, which is a real drag. I'll be in Jackson, so can't help, but if you find out otherwise that the pass holder does not need to be present I have plenty.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Mammoth 2018/19 - Queen of the Eastern Sierra

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    More details...

https://www.mammothmountain.com/wint...friend-tickets

It appears that the pass holder now has to be present to buy BAF tickets, which is a real drag.
    That sucks. I still appreciate when you hooked me up years ago. My 13 yo was just talking about that time. even though he’s skied many days since then, that day is etched in his mind.

This weekend could be fun.
    Masses should be home glued to TV sets and inhaling shitty delivered pizza.
    Who's headed up?
    I have mastered all major sporting activities to a high degree of mediocrity.

headed up this weekend for sure. stoked. fuck the nfl.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnballs View Post
    This weekend could be fun.
    Masses should be home glued to TV sets and inhaling shitty delivered pizza.
    Who's headed up?
    Holy shit! You're right! Could be glorious! I'm only free to head up on Sunday... due to slave camp. Fuck.

I'm selfishly hoping they don't open the entire mountain Saturday. I need this, y'all! I've begun with the shakes... need powder soon!

Quote Originally Posted by bbrianburke View Post
    Game doesn't start till late, plenty of time to do both.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrianburke View Post
    Agreed on fuck the NFL. Damn it, looks like pow and I was just up there last week. FML, WTD?

Name:  Capture 5.JPG
Views: 453
Size:  96.2 KB