Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Dave's was awesome again today. I didn't need to go anywhere else.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Facelift and High Five delivered incredible turns today. Such great wind buffing. Tomorrow should be even better as most of the crowds will hopefully be gone!

Daves was good this weekend! Solid coverage. Avi 2 was nice as well

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Man, I jinxed my ass. It has been one thing after the next for me around here the last few weeks. Now the caR is in getting a new clutch, ECM, and other BS and I am blacked out Christmas week, which is fine, as I hate crowds, but shit, that puts me into early January before I get on snow. I hope you guys are getting some.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

^^ got sent that vid yesterday.
    Assume it's from last spring?
    Guy has no gloves, and Tshirt.
    Is it Mammy?
    Phillipes?

Sent from my SM-G930P using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

*Star Chute*

Sent from my SM-G930P using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Kiwi Flats

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2018-12-18 11.38.38.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	419.8 KB 
ID:	260557

4FRNT 194 Devastators for the win on this AWESOME, WINDY, Mammoth Day! First time dropping in on gully that is between Paranoid Flats and Phillipe’s. Very nice actually.

Mammoth 2018/19 - Queen of the Eastern Sierra

Quote Originally Posted by Best Mexican Skier from Da South View Post
    4FRNT 194 Devastators for the win on this AWESOME, WINDY, Mammoth Day! First time dropping in on gully that is between Paranoid Flats and Phillipe’s. Very nice actually.
    Noicce!

I’m mounting up my 191 Monsters for Mammoth next week. I cant wait to shred Mammoth on a beefy ski.

Sent from Tahoe
    Last edited by Betelgeuse; 12-19-2018 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trex_9 View Post
    Agreed w/ above. Definitely Kiwi at Mammoth. How not to ski Kiwi...
    He who has the most fun wins!

Mammoth looks rad! I hope to road trip that way later in the season.

How is the Sherwin/Crest ski tour options looking these days? Is this storm on Christmas Eve going to open anything up that isn't already skiable?

Looking at the trail map, it looks like you can ski down towards Tamarack XC from the summit of Mammoth. Is that true? Looking to link up a day at the resort with a quick tour up to the Sherwins.

Thanks

Here's some Mammoth/Eastern Sierra Area (summertime) stoke for your troubles...

^^^^Nice photos. I love the bottom one. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Wind buff on the top is firing today! Get out there.

With the shallow snow depth at Mt Rose becoming worse day by day (see picture below),

Name:	Rose dirt.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	260987
    I got up early Wednesday morning and made a run for Mammoth and got in two very good days (Wed, Thurs) with no crowds and wind buff conditions up high.

Name:	cheap gas..jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	260986
    No, your eyes aren't playing tricks on you. Gas at $2.57 per gallon in Carson City. Filled up my GF's Prius for $20.57. Good start to a road trip.

Name:	Blue rooms.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	951.8 KB 
ID:	260988
    Going through the mid on the gondola and greeted by the sight of 12+ blue rooms. WTF? Apparently the main water line for McCoy ruptured and repairs are ongoing. McCoy has no water, so cafeteria and bar have been closed and with the crowds arriving soon, porta johns are in place, conveniently located next to the gondi. Let's hope this is a temporary situation. Stay classy Mammoth.

Name:	Face of five.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	260989
    Big SW winds the last two days filled in some spots. One of them was the chairline of Hi five. Take your time getting in (clicked out and walked in at the top of the chair) and you'll find smooth, wind blown snow.

Name:	Daves Windbuff.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	645.2 KB 
ID:	260990
    Without a doubt the best skiing off the top was Daves. Silky wind blown snow from the top all the way down thru the gut. Sun is so low in the sky that the picture doesn't do justice to how good the snow was. At one point today there must have been 30 people skiing Daves. Lapped it all day.

Name:	Dark after 3.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	844.1 KB 
ID:	260991
    It's that time of year with the low sun angle that the top barely gets any direct sunlight, and after 2:45 pm, it's just plain dark up there. Had to change googles late in the day to a brighter lens and it was still hard to read the snow.

Got in 24 runs today and almost 40,000 vertical feet of skiing. Late in the day today I hit my first lift line in two days at Mid gondi. Took almost 90 seconds to get on the gondola. Lots of people rolling into town tonight as holiday period starts to ramp up. Won't see lift lines (lack of) like the last two days again for the next two weeks.

Nice shots ESS! We just got back from a 6 day Mammoth trip and it was fun. I will agree that Dave's was awesome, I spent more time there than anywhere else.

I really hope they get the McCoy situation handled by this weekend. If they don't they will be royally fucked for the holidays. The mountain is skiing well though.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

I skied Mammoth on Friday and the wind buff was great (top was closed though :/)... then Squaw on Saturday which was awful- there was a light rain/ freeze overnight which turned it to frozen crust and there was not enough sun to thaw things out during the day

COBRI, I have been on and off seriously thinking of going there last few days but I keep thinking of the shallower base compared to Mammoth. Hence, I've continued staying in Mammoth.
    Are you going to keep skiing there?
    I've also thought about the UT Ikon resorts next, but I've got similar hesitations about going there.
    Last edited by Yoda.; 12-23-2018 at 04:11 PM.

Skied Fri & Sat...snow is holding up well, with wind-buff refresh yesterday afternoon.
    Rogers on Friday was $$, as was the Wall & Gravy.
    Yesterday the Drops & Sign-Line skied soft.
    Take the walk into Avi 2...silky chalk.
    Town was bustling, but minimal lift lines if any (outside of Stump of course).
    Merry Christmas!

Name:	IMG955275.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	324.6 KB 
ID:	261364

Name:	IMG955273.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	285.7 KB 
ID:	261365

Name:	20181222_145423.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	261366
    Avi 2 buff:

Name:	20181222_143259.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	261371

Solid Draft Board at CTower as well:

Name:	20181222_173814.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	261367
    I have mastered all major sporting activities to a high degree of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    ^^^^Nice photos. I love the bottom one. Thanks
    Thanks!

About to drop-in to Xmas week at a major resort with a gaggle of in-laws. Varietals include parental, brothers (2), and sisters. Not to mention 6 kids under 11-years-old.

Groomer laps in full effect! I'm sure the wife and I will get away for some windbuff and if this storm helps out, a Sherwins lap or two (or three, you know, 'cause of in-laws). I'll check into the thread I'm sure so if you're feeling like a walk along a ridge, post it up...

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda. View Post
    COBRI, I have been on and off seriously thinking of going there last few days but I keep thinking of the shallower base compared to Mammoth. Hence, I've continued staying in Mammoth.
    Are you going to keep skiing there?
    I've also thought about the UT Ikon resorts next, but I've got similar hesitations about going there.

you made the right call staying at Mammoth last week. coverage was decent at Squaw but certainly good of used some more snow. I've been in Wisconsin with 40deg/rain and no mtns so not sure how the xmas storm panned out

Amazingly uncrowded yesterday (Wed) for the day after Christmas, and the skiing was good as well. I don't think you could have found a lift line even if you tried. Wind action up top as usual, with some of it bad (Cornice entrance was scoured) and some of it good like Daves and Climax. Rumours that the masses are rolling in and tomorrow will be much busier, but so far the Christmas period has not been maximum crowds and fearing for your life on the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    Amazingly uncrowded yesterday (Wed) for the day after Christmas, and the skiing was good as well. I don't think you could have found a lift line even if you tried. Wind action up top as usual, with some of it bad (Cornice entrance was scoured) and some of it good like Daves and Climax. Rumours that the masses are rolling in and tomorrow will be much busier, but so far the Christmas period has not been maximum crowds and fearing for your life on the hill.
    Nice! Mammoth is great. Getting back out there in January after this family visitation trip down south. Let it snow!

Awesome mammoth thread even tho it was started by some noob who doesn't even ski. A true internet skier.