Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Looking at the long range forecast on Snowman's site, I am psyched for when I get up there next week.

https://www.mammothsnowman.com/mammo...r-guy-forecast
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Thanks L2S and Hutash for the heads up on June. The whole family Loves uncrowded terrain - almost any terrain! They really like moderate to low-angle trees, as well as cruising groomers and a touch of gnar for my son. June sounds like it might be a good fit for a family trip. I'll have to try to sneak in a trip!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My adolescent age learning occurred a June mtn in the early/mid 80’s. Loved it!

Bump back to page 1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture 1.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	272087
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Any of you Mammy locals know (or have heard) if they will be offering the typical spring deals this year? In the past, other skier area passholders could get a day ticket at 50% after mid April. But, the BAF used to be close to 50%, but now those are just 25%.

Trying to weight the economics of going Ikonic in the spring, or not. I’ll still need to buy a KW pass for next winter, as there is no way I can deal with Squaw and I80 before mid March.

Ottime, I have not seen anything that would get you 50% off a day ticket. Last week I saw a day ticket price of about $190 on the board. Fuck that. Buy a base pass and ski 10 days for about $63 a day. 20 days and now you're talking a great deal. The new model in the industry makes you buy a pass. Just call Mammoth and ask them the question you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Ottime, I have not seen anything that would get you 50% off a day ticket. Last week I saw a day ticket price of about $190 on the board. Fuck that. Buy a base pass and ski 10 days for about $63 a day. 20 days and now you're talking a great deal. The new model in the industry makes you buy a pass. Just call Mammoth and ask them the question you posted.
    I agree with this season Mammoth and Squaw will be open way into spring-summer you’ll easily get 10 days between them this season and have the pass for next year.

I fear the cheap Spring options at the end of a Mammy Season will go away now.
    Expect they are gonna get mobbed by Ikons.
    I liked, when they had the 3 day Spring Pass, a few seasons back. Perfect fit.
    Yeah, we get the ski 10 days and you're good...
    *But really you have to tack on Lodging costs*
    2hrs one way, if you're close.
    More like 5hrs one way for most.
    In the spring. On dry roads.

We love spring skiing.
    But Rose and Squaw are closer.

Not an easy decision.
    $650, and gambling on staying healthy.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Turx, if you live in CA you always have to tack on lodging costs, regardless of where your going. That is why skiing is so damn expensive for us guys in SoCal rather than guys in say SLC that can drive an hour to ski. I do it as cheaply as possible and my per day lodging cost is about $60. Toss in another $100 for gas and $20 a day for the dog walker and each day I am up there is likely costing me $150 extra. So 15 days skiing at $2,250 for the season sounds about right.

Damn. I was planning to just sleep in my car unless I have my wife or son with me.

How do you average $60/night in Mammoth. You must be a Jedi lodging master.

I won’t get ten days this spring. That much is for sure. Made the mistake of saying yes to Hawaii late June, so I’ll miss that period. I might get 3 days at Squawlpine and 2 at Mammy.

I’m actually more inclined to buy the pass so my son can get a cheap one. Ultimately, I should just spend my days touring this spring and save the money. But I do like a few lift served days.

I’ll call Mammoth and get a definitive answer, but with Alterra, doubt they will have those deals they used to for spring skiing. They want you to buy the pass.

I'm curious how the conditions were at Mammoth this weekend? Tahoe was having loads of mank with low snow levels so wondering how Mammoth faired with higher elevations?

Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    I'm curious how the conditions were at Mammoth this weekend?
    skied mmsr yesterday. a foot or so of heavy fresh was fun to ski but not really pow. the winds and vis kept the upper mountain closed, best skiing was probably the avy chutes off of lincon mtn. hiking only until 22 opened around noon, but really nice chalky wind transported was found there. this next storm is looking to be A+ for mammoth and the eastside i think.

Thanks for the report. I was meant to be at Mammoth last weekend for my son's ski race but Far West cancelled it ahead of time so I was curious what it was like. Sounds like even Mammoth got some variability with that last storm too.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrianburke View Post
    skied mmsr yesterday. a foot or so of heavy fresh was fun to ski but not really pow. the winds and vis kept the upper mountain closed, best skiing was probably the avy chutes off of lincon mtn. hiking only until 22 opened around noon, but really nice chalky wind transported was found there. this next storm is looking to be A+ for mammoth and the eastside i think.

Sounds like the next storm on Tuesday/Wed is coming in as heavy Sierra Cement. By Thursday it is suppose to lighten up with colder conditions. Could be fun Thursday thru ?

Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    I'm curious how the conditions were at Mammoth this weekend? Tahoe was having loads of mank with low snow levels so wondering how Mammoth faired with higher elevations?
    I skied Thursday and Friday before I had to head back down for a commitment. Thursday was really fun, I skied mostly the avi chutes, and they were awesome, pow that kept getting replenished by the wind. It was super smooth. I also hit some Gravy Chute laps which were fun, also smooth windbuff pow. Gravy has a couple of fun little drops, although on Friday it looked like they roped off the upper one. On Friday I started out on chair 25, 22 was closed. We skied that ridge between 22 and 25, I forget what it is called, and it was beautiful wind buff. We saw the top gondola was opening so we went up and hit up three Paranoid 1 laps. P2 and P3 slid, but P1 was really nice. We got three laps there until they closed the top due to visibility. P1 was not blower, but it was really nice wind buff, it was really fun. We went back to 25 and did a couple more ridge laps. The gondola to the top had a long line as that was all there really was. Mammoth should be fine with higher elevations. I should get back up this weekend for the new snow. Let's hope the snow comes in. Some cement with a nice light layer on top might be fun.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post

I’m actually more inclined to buy the pass so my son can get a cheap one. Ultimately, I should just spend my days touring this spring and save the money. But I do like a few lift served days.

^this. Should just tour all the time but the cheap kids pass makes it almost a must for me so they can learn faster.

We’re heading down to Mammoth Fri morning for a change of pace from Tahoe but we can’t park our van in our usual spots just east of 395 due to snow I’m guessing. Anyone have a driveway we can rent out?
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Great storm riding session this afternoon as it got deeper by the hour, with hardly anyone on the hill. It started snowing around
    9:30-10:00 a.m. and by noon I headed out. The snow was wetter and thicker than it has been lately, but with the wind swirling it around it was super fun to ski. I was headed for ch 22 when a 70+mph gust shut it down for the rest of the day. Made my way over to main lodge and found lots of fresh lines.

Name:	IMG_1839.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	447.6 KB 
ID:	272741
    Riding up ch 1, dumping snow. It was stop & go all afternoon, but it stayed open til closing.

Name:	IMG_1843 2.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	953.5 KB 
ID:	272743
    Agee's. Skied off the back of ch 1 over to Terry's, Agee's and Blue Ox. Fresh lines every run. Hardest part was getting there as the section near the bottom of ch 23 was total vertigo/whiteout. Other standouts were The Bear, Skiers right on Rodgers, and out under the chairline of 25 for my last run. 8-10" of new snow that skied deeper than it was.

Name:	IMG_1852.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	831.9 KB 
ID:	272746
    My truck at 4:00 p.m. The amount on the hood is how much it snowed between 12:00 to 4:00 p.m.

Name:	IMG_1853.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	272749
    Drove over to Vons after skiing. There are some towering snowbanks around town.
    Looks like the split in the moisture tap is right over top of us now, as I can see stars out at this time. Tomorrow morning should be fun.

Name:	IMG_1854.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	694.6 KB 
ID:	272872
    Chair 16, last run of the day, and still snowing hard! Mid way up the chairline is roped off so no one gets a ski to the head from a low passing chair. Another day of fun storm riding with stronger winds that limited opening some chairs, and had most other chairs running slow with frequent stops. Same thick, spongy pow as yesterday in the 8-10" depth that skied deeper than it was. A little bit of hiking and fun, fresh turns could be found all day. Stand outs were Terry's/Agee's/Blue Ox area, the Bear, Gravy Chute. Looks like Thursday is a mix of clouds with some sun. Last two days have been quality pow days. Storm days=best days.

Today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Today

Name:	D6157CF2-87CF-4392-9671-C49D16D5669E.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	292.6 KB 
ID:	272976
    We must have been standing right next to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    We must have been standing right next to each other.
    No doubt, I did exactly 1 run, kinda terrifying being one week post knee surgery, felt ok though. Primarily here to watch the half pipe qualifying today.

No doubt, I did exactly 1 run, kinda terrifying being one week post knee surgery, felt ok though. Primarily here to watch the half pipe qualifying today.
    Well congrats on your 1st run post surgery. Got to start somewhere. Clouds came in later in the day. Top didn’t open. Snow got springy on the ch 25 & Little Eagle side by the afternoon.

Talking

Sofa king good today. At least Avy 1 and 2 were. Didn't make it anywhere else.