The Death of the TR Forum????

It's been a while and it seems like a TR forum is dead.

If anyone is interested I just posted a TR on a 2 week traverse of the Lyngen Alps of Norway.
    Big terrain steep mountains and skin tracks filled with JONGS!!!!!!

Can I still use the term JONG or are people super sensitive over here as well?

Last edited by Kyle Miller; 11-22-2018 at 09:11 AM.
    Shameless spam: Trip reports and Gear reviews and if you want to support what I do follow me on Instagram @KyleMiller411

Siiiick

i mean, i guess if you're into that sort of thing

The Death of the TR Forum????

Hell yeah, that looks awesome, will check out for sure.
    And yeah, I wouldn't say that it's dead, just at a resting pulse.
    Klar's ongoing thread has been gold.

Thanks for the Thanksgiving day goodness, may you have a great one.

KM FTW

TOTAL JONG THO
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

The main Ski/Snowboard forum used to be THE place for killer trip reports... but now it's taken over by 40 different "The Official XXXX Conditions" threads. Which is why no one posts killer TRs anymore, and it's why I personally don't even click on this forum anymore.

So sad, too bad I guess.

Yeah I think we all miss those days.

Pretty much everything Klar does in golden. Wild to see her adventures in AK
    Shameless spam: Trip reports and Gear reviews and if you want to support what I do follow me on Instagram @KyleMiller411

Those cinnamon rolls look amazing

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    The main Ski/Snowboard forum used to be THE place for killer trip reports... but now it's taken over by 40 different "The Official XXXX Conditions" threads. Which is why no one posts killer TRs anymore, and it's why I personally don't even click on this forum anymore.

So sad, too bad I guess.
    I feel you, OTOH, I wonder that writing an in depth TR is a specific skill that not everyone has. And, lets face it, the ones that are good, are really, really good and set a high bar. I go into the regional threads for context. They give me more of a feel for mag connections, and the places these guys and gals ski. I feel like i get a little more insight into who my brothers and sisters are in this place.

What death? You are posting TR's, and there are dozens there this fall and it's only Thanksgiving.

Glad to see you're still killing it. And like ACH said, a lot of content is going into regional threads. But the forum should be structured in a way that TR's get more attention than other threads.

Yeah they should almost have Roll call be it's own forum. Amazing how fast things get buried!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post

So sad, too bad I guess.
    I was thinking the same thing. Seems the regional threads would fit better in the weather conditions sub-forum. That's where the Colorado threads are. The reality is that General Ski/Snowboard gets the most traffic, which is why TRs don't get as much attention any more.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    I feel you, OTOH, I wonder that writing an in depth TR is a specific skill that not everyone has. And, lets face it, the ones that are good, are really, really good and set a high bar. I go into the regional threads for context. They give me more of a feel for mag connections, and the places these guys and gals ski. I feel like i get a little more insight into who my brothers and sisters are in this place.
    TRs do seem to have this standard to live up to. Magazine-quality writing and photography. I think we have skier666 to thank for that.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    What death? You are posting TR's, and there are dozens there this fall and it's only Thanksgiving.
    Fair point, but the response activity on TR threads is indeed less than when TRs were posted in General Ski/Snowboard. Which still happens occasionally, and without fail those threads get more response than they would if they were in the TR sub-forum.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

All that being said, you posted your thread at 3am MT and started this thread at 7am MT. On Thanksgiving morning. Not a particularly busy time on the board. So you probably could've given it more time. If your concern was for the overall traffic in the TR forum, that's one thing. But I recognize you just wanted to draw more attention to your TR. Which is awesome and a whopper, and will take me more than 4 hours just to read through it! Thanks for sharing the stoke!
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Good to see you're out there Kyle doing new adventures. The far left tracks (on the peak photo) sure look like a set you laid down in Crystal B.C. years ago, could I be correct on that? Great write-up and juicy pic's. Keep it up!

If it's a beautiful low angle skin track in the Cascades there is a good chance I put it in. Haven't used Heal Risers in a decade!

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    All that being said, you posted your thread at 3am MT and started this thread at 7am MT. On Thanksgiving morning. Not a particularly busy time on the board. So you probably could've given it more time. If your concern was for the overall traffic in the TR forum, that's one thing. But I recognize you just wanted to draw more attention to your TR. Which is awesome and a whopper, and will take me more than 4 hours just to read through it! Thanks for sharing the stoke!
    Yeah my time is all messed up as I am living in the Arctic Circle in Rovaniemi, Finland

Nice pics

I used to post TRs a lot 10+ years ago but they take a lot of time and effort to make. I did just buy my first new camera in 12 years so there's hope for me

Sent from my VS995 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Hi Kyle. I'm thinking of a descent line toward Crow basin & Norse peak with Stugie along. Checked a picture I took and by golly, the symmetry looks identical to the left-most descent in the photo. Coincidence if someone else but interesting how turn shape can be identifiable (at times) to a rider.

Wait wut????
    There’s a tr forum????

Just post em all up in the main ski thread as well cuz most folks don’t even check there. And of course, by most folks, I mean me

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums