California Mags. Advice/help please ?

Going on an big paddle trip down into Mexico.
    Driving my truck down from Vancouver to California. Not sure how far down yet.
    From there I will motorbike into the Baja. Too lazy to moto all the way down since I got a really late start on my vacation.
    Its pouring rain here and cold and wet !
    Need to park my truck for 3 weeks. Any mags from San Fran to San Diego have space for a ford ranger or recommend a safe place to park ? Was thinking airport parking but damn expensive at $10 day.

Cheers
    What if "Alternative" energy wasn't so alternative ?

I have no place to park at present, sorry.

Consider an Amtrak station.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I can move your truck around the streets to avoid street cleaning in SF. Can't vouch for truck safety. However, airport parking here ain't $10/day. Also, if I leave town, parking tickets are ridiculous.

What about parking east of SD in a burb?
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

You can park in front of my house. I will put a pass in it so you don't get towed. I am in South San Diego (Coronado) about 15 minutes from the border.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

^^^That will never work, you are about to be invaded by a hoard of MS13 gangbangers, middle east terrorists, and drug cartels. Anyone of which will steal it.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Not sure if this a thing in California, but some hotels around airports will offer free long term parking if you stay a night with them on the east coast. They run the shuttles to the airport and have no problem with the vehicle being parked for a trip or vacation without the airport extended parking rates. Really no guarantee of safe place to park it anymore unless you get a lot with a trusted reputation and 24x7 attendants- but that is of course not going to be free...

Finding a mag with a spot on their driveway or something like that willing to keep an aye on it maybe would be ideal.

I have space in Reno, but that's not really on the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Not sure if this a thing in California, but some hotels around airports will offer free long term parking if you stay a night with them on the east coast. They run the shuttles to the airport and have no problem with the vehicle being parked for a trip or vacation without the airport extended parking rates. Really no guarantee of safe place to park it anymore unless you get a lot with a trusted reputation and 24x7 attendants- but that is of course not going to be free...

Finding a mag with a spot on their driveway or something like that willing to keep an aye on it maybe would be ideal.
    We did this once in Detroit when I was a kid and our spare tire got stolen from under our van. Blew my mind as a kid that someone would steal a spare and blows my mind even more as an adult lol.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    We did this once in Detroit when I was a kid and our spare tire got stolen from under our van. Blew my mind as a kid that someone would steal a spare and blows my mind even more as an adult lol.
    Definitely would not try that in a city like Detroit. You are lucky it was only the spare tire that was taken and not every tire with the van on blocks. As I stated it typically park at your own risk, but today there are many more security/surveillance cameras out there too on business properties than when you were a kid...

FWIW, I once parked my car for a month in a neighborhood near lax that didn't have street sweeping and caught a bus to/from the airport to save $ on parking, no problems. YMMV

Walmart parking lot?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I have space in Reno, but that's not really on the way.
    Thanks for the offer, but I here your new neighbors are a bit douchy
    I think it also a bit out of the way. Thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    You can park in front of my house. I will put a pass in it so you don't get towed. I am in South San Diego (Coronado) about 15 minutes from the border.
    Might take you up on it ! Kind offer indeed.

Happy to help a fellow Canuck out. PM me for my address.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

op, make sure you leave the title in the glove compartment for convenience.

I had to leave my truck down the road in the next town overnite so i parked it in front of the po-lice station
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I had to leave my truck down the road in the next town overnite so i parked it in front of the po-lice station
    In the US the punchline to the story would have been that the police then had it towed by a private contractor to said contractors lot where it was broken into and stripped to the chassis.

Definitely would not try that in a city like Detroit. You are lucky it was only the spare tire that was taken and not every tire with the van on blocks. As I stated it typically park at your own risk, but today there are many more security/surveillance cameras out there too on business properties than when you were a kid...
    Always amazes me. Why not just take the whole car?

There are a lot of places like that near SFO. One night stay gets you 2 weeks free parking.
    The best way to keep your car from being stolen is to park it where there are a lot of other cars; then the odds are in your favor.
    I've had a car stolen from in front of my house in Sacramento and broken into several times. Once someone sawed off the catalytic converter in broad daylight with people watching. (The cops weren't interested even after I showed them a photo of the car the thief was driving--which was much nicer than mine--that a witness had taken.) I've never had my car or anything in it stolen from a lot. Of course my car spends a lot more time at my house than anywhere else so maybe it's just probability.

Hope when it's time to come home that Trump is letting people back into the country.
    Last edited by old goat; 11-26-2018 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    In the US the punchline to the story would have been that the police then had it towed by a private contractor to said contractors lot where it was broken into and stripped to the chassis.
    it was just over nite in a small town where they were probably busy attending domestics

when I got shuttle customers I usually bring the truck or trucks home to park on the front lawn

keeps the grass from growing eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know