Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I usually wear waterproof socks and thats it. I have experienced cold toes so following this thread to see what others use.

Heated socks, would they fit into the boot?

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Intrigued.
    I thought I had seen it all awhile back, and then I heard about a heated ski-boot bag so I don't know shit.

How thick is the insole?
    Is it of uniform thickness?
    You leave the insole in the liner, but take the battery out of the insole? How does that work?

Is there enough material w/o heating elements around the edge so that one can trim the insole to fit?
    Buy a large and trim to medium?
    Check out the 8KPeak.com website for additional info. These are developed and designed to be used in ski boots, but again: If you already have a very tight fit/low volume liner, and your current footbed is very thin, then maybe not enough room for it. They are trimmable - just get ones in your size range as only a bit can be trimmed. The battery is in the heel area (it is padded, so you don't know it is there) and lifts out for re-charging. Many of us swap out the whole unit to use in different ski boots and cold weather footwear. Oh, and I just sent an email to 8KPeak as the insole size chart had "disappeared" from the website. So I looked at the ProFLex HD package and for mens sizes: M - boot 5.5-7, L- boot 7.5-9, XL - boot 9.5-11. Again, check out the 8KPeak website and call or email them directly with any additional questions. Go for it and enjoy warm feet that you can control with your smartphone! They also make great X-Mas gifts for anyone who has cold feet problems. And last final note, I do not make any commission for helping to promote these products.

Quote Originally Posted by Recreationpro View Post
    Check out the 8KPeak.com website for additional info. These are developed and designed to be used in ski boots, but again: If you already have a very tight fit/low volume liner, and your current footbed is very thin, then maybe not enough room for it. They are trimmable - just get ones in your size range as only a bit can be trimmed. The battery is in the heel area (it is padded, so you don't know it is there) and lifts out for re-charging. Many of us swap out the whole unit to use in different ski boots and cold weather footwear. Oh, and I just sent an email to 8KPeak as the insole size chart had "disappeared" from the website. So I looked at the ProFLex HD package and for mens sizes: M - boot 5.5-7, L- boot 7.5-9, XL - boot 9.5-11. Again, check out the 8KPeak website and call or email them directly with any additional questions. Go for it and enjoy warm feet that you can control with your smartphone! They also make great X-Mas gifts for anyone who has cold feet problems. And last final note, I do not make any commission for helping to promote these products.
    This↓↓↓
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    You wear the same size shoes as ski boots? Bullshit.
    If you’re able to swap your footbeds between ski boots and other footwear (exception: hockey skates) your ski boots are too big or your footbeds aren’t trimmed to fit your boots, and not doing their job properly, and your boots don’t fit.or the footbeds are just sliding around in your other footwear.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    This↓↓↓
    The real BS is this : Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    If you’re able to swap your footbeds between ski boots and other footwear (exception: hockey skates) your ski boots are too big or your footbeds aren’t trimmed to fit your boots, and not doing their job properly, and your boots don’t fit.or the footbeds are just sliding around in your other footwear."
    "

Do your own research and find out what works for you...... Works fine for many.....

^^^^^^Spammer.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    ^^^^^^Spammer.
    Yup.

Given Recreationpro's opinion and suggestions regarding boot fitting, -- no one should trust Recreationpro's opinion or advice and should certainly not buy anything that Recreationpro recommends.

Yup.

Given reckless toboggan's opinion and suggestions regarding boot fitting, -- no one should trust reckless toboggan's opinion or advice and should certainly not buy anything that reckless toboggan's recommends.

Heated Ski Socks vs. Heated footbeds

Yup.

Given reckless toboggan's opinion and suggestions regarding boot fitting, -- no one should trust reckless toboggan's opinion or advice and should certainly not buy anything that reckless toboggan's recommends.
    And now we know why your username isn’t “Creativepro”.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    And now we know why your username isn’t “Creativepro”.
    Hahaha.

Paging AlpineZone Greg to the white courtesy phone please. AlpineZone Greg to the white courtesy phone. Thank you.

Excerpted from : EDITOR’S CHOICE OF THE YEAR 2014 GEAR - Our Gear Favorites of 2014 - Compiled by Paul Oelerich, Utah Adventure Journal
    ProFlex Heated Insoles
    I got a chance to try these out a couple of years back, and instantly became a fan. When the new version showed up a couple of weeks ago during the warm spell in early fall, I knew I wouldn’t have to put them to the test for the warmth factor, or to try out the remote control or rechargeable battery…instead I popped them into my telemark boots and took them for a stroll. The new version is the Thermacell ProFlex heated insoles, so I’m able to bend the forefoot of the boot with ease and comfort. The flexible material stays put when bending the bellows on a telemark boot, and when installed in my AT boots the fit is comfortable in walking or skiing mode I carry the small, 3-setting remote in a pocket when needed, and had warm feet all winter without the wires.

Update: The even newer HD ProFlex has more battery life and is bluetooth controlled.

Relax with the marketing bullshit bro. No one care about your shitty sorel warmers.
    Last edited by XavierD; 11-25-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    If you’re able to swap your footbeds between ski boots and other footwear (exception: hockey skates) your ski boots are too big or your footbeds aren’t trimmed to fit your boots, and not doing their job properly, and your boots don’t fit.or the footbeds are just sliding around in your other footwear.
    Ya, I think the answer to this entire thread is : Get properly fitting boots.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    heated socks = usable in other boots (assuming they fit)

heated liners = only for sking, but dont change the fit of the boot much.

batteries are expensive for either, but DIY hacks exist,

intuitions and boot coves also work, and dont need re-charging
    My wife's feet are always freezing and I'm trying to get her a Christmas present to keep her feet warm (selfishly so we don't have to quit skiing when she gets cold on ski dates). I've been planning to get insoles but wonder if intuition's could do the trick too? I've always been warm in mine but haven't compared them to anything else. Intuitions would help with fit issues too so would be good in other words says.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    My wife's feet are always freezing and I'm trying to get her a Christmas present to keep her feet warm (selfishly so we don't have to quit skiing when she gets cold on ski dates). I've been planning to get insoles but wonder if intuition's could do the trick too? I've always been warm in mine but haven't compared them to anything else. Intuitions would help with fit issues too so would be good in other words says.
    sounds like they might solve a few issues, but if htey dont keep her warm enough, then you can add heated stuff (footbeds, socks) later if needed.

also boot gloves are a cheap/great way to go too

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    Was in the exact same boat a couple years ago. Went with the Hotronics foot beds and haven't heard a complaint since putting them in. No issues thus far with two 40ish day seasons on them other than some of the wiring insulation rubbing, nothing some electrical tape doesn't fix.

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    My buddy got the Thermic kit (the one with just bare heating elements that you apply to your current footbeds) last season and fucking raved all year so I finally got a set recently.

Installed easy in 20 minutes using my superfeet insoles in intuition lux liners. The element is so thin that I cannot tell they are there at all, just that my feet aren't numb anymore.

Can use them on lowest setting and battery lasts for 2 full ski days. Can pop them on level 2 for a few minutes and your feet get warm fast. Haven't even tried level 3. Buddy says he did it once and it was like burning hot.

Been pleasantly surprised in a 30 minute tram like at 5-10*F.

Will never not have these in my boots ever again.

EDIT: Exact kit I got is everything in this kit minus their insoles (I just used my own).

https://www.therm-ic.com/en/skiing/2...267096266.html

^^^ That looks promising.
    You just attach the battery packs to the tops of your boots?
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    ^^^ That looks promising.
    You just attach the battery packs to the tops of your boots?
    Yup. You attach the element to the top of the toe portion of your footbed and then snake wire through a hole you cut in the bed so that the wire is underneath. Snake wire on an angle towards heel of boot liner. Near the heel on the inner side if the liner you cut another small hole so the wire can pass to the outside and then will be between liner and shell. Batteries can be removed for warm weather and you can just leave the rest in the boot.

Basically this, minus the routing of a recess in the top of the bed. Element is only like 1mm thick and I can't tell they are there at all.

I have also found good success with heated up the top/toe of the custom bed, delaming it, installing the heating element between layers, and routing the cable under the footbed.

makes an even cleaner look, less layers to come off/roll up, and same "foot feel" as before

Thanks guys. I grabbed some Hotronics for her since we are skiing today and they were available.

Anyone have any experience with the Salomon heated liners?

I went with the heated sock option last year and have no regrets. If you use a lace up liner, socks are likely the better way to go as the footbed wire routing can take a beating if your linner is coming in and out of your boot every time you put your ski boots on.

Wrt the socks, there are many versions out there and most only heat the bottom of your toes. I ended up getting the lenz 5.0 socks which heats both top and bottom of the toe box, so in my opinion much better than just the bottom. Make sure you recognize the difference between the versions 1.0, 2.0, and 5.0 of the Lenz product if that’s the way you decide to go.

Original ones were the "Boot Masque", by the company which made the neoprene face masques. Their main advantage is the boots remain warm AND SOFT FLEX when it's brutally cold. Boot heaters don't accomplish this in sub 0 temps.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Does anyone know what the boot cover company with a zipper on it is called? Boot docs sucks because you cannot unbuckle on the lift

Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    Original ones were the "Boot Masque", by the company which made the neoprene face masques. Their main advantage is the boots remain warm AND SOFT FLEX when it's brutally cold. Boot heaters don't accomplish this in sub 0 temps.
    thanks Time to do some googleizing

I got the Hotronics in my wife's boots today and she said today was the first day in a long time her feet haven't been cold. Day 1 was complete success. Hope they hold up.