Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    Original ones were the "Boot Masque", by the company which made the neoprene face masques. Their main advantage is the boots remain warm AND SOFT FLEX when it's brutally cold. Boot heaters don't accomplish this in sub 0 temps.
    Seems like a reasonable solution if you never unbuckle your boots (which my wife doesn't, which may be one of the reason she has cold feet.)

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I have Hotronics in my alpine boots for three years now, they work great and have held up in all areas.

Last year I got the Lenz socks, was only able to use them a couple times but they worked well and are promising as I wanted something to be able to move from one boot to the next.

I use Hotronics but only if it's below 10F.

I'm interested in finding a (budget) heating option, but wondering if tele skiing would create an additional wear/stress point that might make either impractical (or make one type or brand better than others).

Of course, I could use new liners, mine are old and packed out, so I might just be better off putting some money into that, since new liners should be warmer.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Lot of options over at the Amazon
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Lot of options over at the Amazon
    Yeah, I saw, which is why I'm asking here.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

The recommended setup for hotronic foot beds is to punch a hole in the heel of your liner to run the cable up to the battery. This doesnít work for AT boots or tele boots, the cable snaps pretty quickly from the liner and shell moving and rubbing. You can run the cable inside the liner instead, but it can be uncomfortable and cause blisters. Also, the clunky battery is tricky to secure to the cuff of your shell if youíre doing dynamic things with your boots, like hiking or doing tele turns.

I have Therm-ic heated socks, they lasted about 25 days before breaking. Iíd try lenz if / when I buy more.

Personally, Iíd try all the other tips and tricks for cold feet before turning to electronics. I donít like dealing with batteries in the mountains if I can help it.