Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Perhaps I misinterpreted the purpose of the fingerstache, I was being facetious.....
    And I was viewing this on my phone and don't see the emoticons. Missed it. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post

And GPP33, I don't launch off stuff typically unless it's accidental. Maybe some little rollers and drops, but nothing big. I would probably faceplant or backflop no matter what gear I was on if I starting launching off big stuff.
    It’s amazing how off balance you can be with alpine gear and still pull off a landing without a face plant. Training wheels really is a great description. On day one on Alpine gear last year I hit a smallish drop, maybe 5-7 feet and landed right on the back side of a mogul under the powder, felt my tips load up, got ready for an epic face plant and then just popped right over it and skied away. The bindings, not my skill, saved my ass that day,

I've been an alpine skier for 50 something years, but I love my NTN setup for hanging with friends that aren't ripping skiers. Green Blue terrain becomes more interesting. I found that the tele boots I had were a lot less precise than my downhill gear when I tried them with my alpine boards, but they still worked.

All I hear is, "fuck you if you don't do what I do." Why does anyone give a shit? Waste of time. Tele, board, snowskates, saucer, sled, skwaal, mono, AT, fixed, free, whatever etc... hate to be earthy crunchy but where's the basic idea of if you enjoy it do it. Snowsports need more libertarian-ism.

right... fu if you don't snowboard with hardboots on steep bump runs using poles before launching into the trees
    there's some earth crunching for ya
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Looking for some 29 or 29.5 T1s or T races to keep my tele setup functional. I have a pair of 28 T1 (black w four red buckles) that don’t fit me any more. Too cheap to upgrade to NTN. Anyone need 28s & have 29s?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    stay outta my line

Quote Originally Posted by jaja111 View Post
    All I hear is, "fuck you if you don't do what I do." Why does anyone give a shit? Waste of time. Tele, board, snowskates, saucer, sled, skwaal, mono, AT, fixed, free, whatever etc... hate to be earthy crunchy but where's the basic idea of if you enjoy it do it. Snowsports need more libertarian-ism.
    That was the essence of my reply that vanished in the ether, 28 seasons alpining 27 seasons of tele and we will be lucky to see winter in another 25 years so enjoy the moment.

Figure this is as good a place as any: has anyone skied the Bishop Chedi? Thoughts? Expensive but looks like a fun profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    If any of you are willing to spend some coin on an upgrade, I’ve been skiing the Meidjo binding a bit now and can’t recommend them strongly enough.

Pin tech efficiency for the uphill and great flex and activity for the down.
    How's your experience with durability been?

Quote Originally Posted by stec06 View Post
    How's your experience with durability been?
    The only durability issue I’ve had was after a particularly violent crash, I had a plastic plate (that holds the red stub) crack as well as the spring block. Otherwise no issues that weren’t operator error.

When I make the switch, it's definitely going to be in that direction. I just wish I could copy edit their website.

Seven pages. Somebody cares after all.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5CADD9AD-6FCC-4C09-BDBB-E67DF80862CA.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	737.8 KB 
ID:	259324

Name:  9106773B-DB17-469A-88D7-8283EBDE3748.jpeg
Views: 472
Size:  55.2 KB

/thread

Skied with some buddies who were on tele gear this weekend and they do pretty well and have phun.

I like how this thread is turning into the TTips return condensed version.

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    It about balance. I’d say the same for bombers or AXLs. Just jump turns suck but on snow I don’t see a downside if you’ve got a firm boot. TRace here. I consider this when I determine mount points given I often enjoy cranking alpine turns. All good.
    Do you end up mounting boot center to manufacturer recommended mark generally?

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    The only durability issue I’ve had was after a particularly violent crash, I had a plastic plate (that holds the red stub) crack as well as the spring block. Otherwise no issues that weren’t operator error.
    So did you upgrade to the 2.1s so I can buy your old ones?!

Quote Originally Posted by bbergey View Post
    So did you upgrade to the 2.1s so I can buy your old ones?!
    The 1.2s are on my daily drivers (for in-bounds and side country skinning) and I've got a pair of 2.x on my Charger BCs.

I do for all of mine, and a pretty large number of friends whose bindings I’ve mounted. Never any complaints.

just bought new tele boots.

fucking knee benders, they must be a bundle of sticks

page top tunes

^^^ Red ones?

black. alpina xcd type bullshit.

locally sourced from an artisan retailer. slight patina.

Funny, I have been eyeing that same sort of setup for the times when I don't want to go for a tour and don't want to ski the resort.

Yes, perhaps 1cm back tops.
    Uno mas