Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 184
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    12,256

    Nobody Cares that you Tele

    Carrots received a pardon today
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    564
    Wow. That is the first truly bizarre thing (the mention of tele, in that turkey's profile - yes, it is in fact on the whitehouse.gov site) that's come out of the current administration, that hasn't pissed me off.

    I'm devastated, however, that no one cares that I tele.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    183
    Yoga, telemark skiing, and a strong and confidant gobble. Michael Cares.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Co
    Posts
    1,175
    Apparently trump cares. Itís the only plausible reason to save that bird from the smoker. I think I might send him a personal thank you for helping to keep tele alive.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    12,256
    Nope. Trump doesn't care either. Carrots didn't get the pardon but does get to live.
    While Peas was chosen to receive the presidential pardon, both he and Carrots will live out the rest of their turkey lives -- an expectancy of 10 years -- at Virginia Tech's "Gobblers Rest" exhibit.
    edit-they typically die within months since they are commercially raised and bred for consumption.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Exiled from Maine
    Posts
    253
    Is it redundant to say that Elvis is the favorite musician of one who Telemark snow skis?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    10,896
    Hey, if it keeps me from getting eaten...
    And I guess that I just don't know

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    5,870
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Nope. Trump doesn't care either. Carrots didn't get the pardon but does get to live.


    edit-they typically die within months since they are commercially raised and bred for consumption.
    The knees on a meat bird go to shit awfully fast of they aren't slaughtered promptly. It can be kind of cruel. But I'm sure they know what they're doing at VA Tech.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    MSP
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    The knees on a meat bird go to shit awfully fast of they aren't slaughtered promptly. It can be kind of cruel. But I'm sure they know what they're doing at VA Tech.
    Especially if it's overweight and teles.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    champlain valley
    Posts
    4,755
    so that's my problem

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    14,856
    Hey, your binding is broken.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,330
    FAKE NEWS!!!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mt Baldys shoes
    Posts
    2,852
    Most that Tele are overweight with bad knees.
    Going to start yelling "Yard Bird" at them while riding the lift.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    12,256
    You've got to yell Meat Bird at them for the full effect.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    Most that Tele are overweight with bad knees.
    Going to start yelling "Yard Bird" at them while riding the lift.
    Says you.

    The fact is: most skiers in general fit your description, so your argument is entirely moot.

    Have to admit: tele is not the most efficient way down the mountain.

    Downloading the lift is.

    Get your balls in a wad and try it sometime. You will definitely be humiliated. Then you will either catch the buzz and push through, or more likely you would bail and continue to have a douchetard attitude towards tele. I mean: who cares (hence the title of this thread)?

    Do what you like. Try not to arbitrarily be be an ass.
    Last edited by skizix; 11-22-2018 at 12:41 AM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    12,256
    Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    Says you.

    The fact is: most skiers in general fit your description, so your argument is entirely moot.

    Have to admit: tele is not the most efficient way down the mountain.

    Downloading the lift is.

    Try it sometime. You will definitely be humiliated. Then you will either catch the buzz and push through, or bail and continue to have a douchetard attitude towards tele.

    Do what you like. Try not to arbitrarily be be an ass.
    No most skiers aren't fat with bad knees, and I'm fairly certain TWINS realizes that's not true of telemarkers either.

    try not to be be so sensitive
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    564
    I'm good.

    Just calling out assbaggery for assbaggery's sake. NBD.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    28,839
    Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    Says you.

    The fact is: most skiers in general fit your description, so your argument is entirely moot.

    Have to admit: tele is not the most efficient way down the mountain.

    Downloading the lift is.

    Get your balls in a wad and try it sometime. You will definitely be humiliated. Then you will either catch the buzz and push through, or more likely you would bail and continue to have a douchetard attitude towards tele. I mean: who cares (hence the title of this thread)?

    Do what you like. Try not to arbitrarily be be an ass.
    triggered for tele turkeys is fitting
    .

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Co
    Posts
    1,175
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    No most skiers aren't fat with bad knees, and I'm fairly certain TWINS realizes that's not true of telemarkers either.

    try not to be be so sensitive
    Most skiers probably are overweight. Remember, 95% of skiers ski less than 5 days a year and most americans are overweight. Carrots on the other hand looks deliciously plump and Iím sure his quads would go great with some mashed potatoes and gravy. Iíll inspect his knees at the dinner table.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Western MT
    Posts
    1,344
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    triggered for tele turkeys is fitting
    I am a long time tele bird, and have always laughed along with those poking fun at our approach to getting down (and up) the hill. I mean, at least I don't splitboard man..... And good lord, knee pads on the outside doing the grasshopper on the buff (to paraphrase Parker), wtf wouldn't make fun of telewhackers after that embarrassing era of dingleberryism.

    skizix, lighten up and happy turkey day all!!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    16,592
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    triggered for tele turkeys is fitting
    is that like cuckoo for cocoa puffs?

    Name:  mascot_61.jpeg
Views: 1102
Size:  10.2 KB

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In a parallel universe
    Posts
    4,369
    Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    doing the grasshopper.
    Assume this means the double pole plant thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    skizix, lighten up and happy turkey day all!!
    skizix, fix your sarcasm meter

    Happy TG to all!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Western MT
    Posts
    1,344
    Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Assume this means the double pole plant thing?
    Combined with a punctuated over zealous hopping motion, yes.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    skizix, lighten up and happy turkey day all!!
    Light as a turkey feather! Was last night, too, really - 'twas just my boozed-up head distorting my nuancez.

    Enjoy your Carrots and Peas, and be thankful today!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Western MT
    Posts
    1,344
    Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    'twas just my boozed-up head distorting my nuancez.
    Been there done that more than I care to admit! Tele on brother.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •