Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Next up on ESPN 27

New and improved extreme tele meadow skipping, now with dogs and brown klister.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Next up on ESPN 27

New and improved extreme tele meadow skipping, now with dogs and brown klister.
    Better than fucking poker.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    I don't give a shit what other people think, but "nobody cares that you alpine tour" so get over yourselves and accept the fact that others might have a different approach and stop trying so hard to persuade them that your way is the only right way and if someone doesn't accept your view then they have an ego or image problem.
    Very rich from the guy who proclaims "there is no better way [than tele] to enjoy a powder run," which necessarily implies that AT skiers seek an experience inferior to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Also, weight-wise, the only remaining piece for tele is boots to get to overall AT gear weights and it sounds like Scarpa is working on that.......
    First, that's not true. Both the lightest 3-pins the lightest NTN bindings with more than the lightest tech bindings. Second, a tele boot can never be as light as a lightweight AT boot because a tele boot must flex, and that necessarily adds significant weight.

Nobody Cares that you Tele

I’ve been skiing the east all my life. Last 20 or so years as a pass holder at Jay Peak skiing 25-50 days a year. After skiing the same resort for 10 years at ~50 days a year I was ready for a new challenge (annual days coming down w young kiddos in the mix).

Tele was fun as you got to re-learn how to dominate your home mountain in a new form. Cruising greens in the early days was a new found fun. Enjoying terrain you’d normally just straight line over was kinda cool. Mountain felt big for a change.

Fast forward ~8 seasons 100% tele and I have yet a regret and like 3pingrin take plenty of alpine turns. As long as you’re balanced there is little downside (ec terrain). Plus the boots are comfy and flex’n keeps the toes warm in the cold NEK. Most ec terrain skis way too small on alpine gear imho. Too easy. More fun for me to turn more and work harder.

I also really don’t know why anyone gives a shit what anyone slides with. Really.
    Uno mas

“I also really don’t know why anyone gives a shit what anyone slides with. Really.”

Yep. Never understood the tribalism. It’s all fun, do what you like best.

I met a guy at 49N about ten years ago who skied on snow blades. He wore a big daypack, contents unknown, and went down every run doing 360’s the whole way. Literally spinning his way down the hill, like a Sufi Dervish on little skis. I called him Twirly McGee. I rode the lifts with him a few times; nice guy. He said people yelled at him from the lift, but he didn’t give a shit; he was having fun.

Isn’t that the whole point?

Nobody Cares that you Tele

^I hope you told him his nickname.

See, I love this shit. It’s all good. I still remember a dude from years back that skied with a lawn chair strapped to his back pack with a boom box duct taped to the whole apparatus blaring metal. Horrid form. Airing every mogul in site. Shit eating grin. Yelling like a lunatic. He was sincere. It wasn’t a parody. Lapping the same run all day. Shitty gear. Never saw him again. He won that day.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    Very rich from the guy who proclaims "there is no better way [than tele] to enjoy a powder run," which necessarily implies that AT skiers seek an experience inferior to yours.
    I never said that.

First, that's not true. Both the lightest 3-pins the lightest NTN bindings with more than the lightest tech bindings. Second, a tele boot can never be as light as a lightweight AT boot because a tele boot must flex, and that necessarily adds significant weight.
    There are tele bindings that are 900ish grams that can handle resort and backcountry duty. That is putting things in the realm of double duty a/t bindings. Some use the old green Scarpa F1 for touring which is ~ 1200g.

Telemarking is stupid.

......fun?
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    ......fun?
    at least until you run out of dope
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Sensitive tele skier is funny. So is serious AT skier. But serious tele skier is hilarious.

Unless I missed it, there was no mention of patchouli oil in this thread.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Haha, that was me dumb ass. And yes, AT skiers are sad each time they make a turn. Sad that it wasn’t quite what it could have been. Sad that yet another turn was wasted. Sad that their bindings have training wheels.

Or it could just be one mans opinion....I wasn’t aware this was a safe space where one couldn’t express an option if it might offend someone. Sorry.

Wait, I thought we were going to poke fun at snowboarders? What happened to that? Talk about a wasted turn!

What brought you here anyway if you didn’t care?????

I was just joking by the way. I would never call an old geezer a dumbass. Cheers!

and i was worried when i posted this that it would take a political turn.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Unless I missed it, there was no mention of patchouli oil in this thread.
    until now

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    and i was worried when i posted this that it would take a political turn.
    Partial blame accepted.

Telemarking is stoopid!! (there, back on track)

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    My one personal concern are my knees. They’ve been great for over 20 yrs of knee dropping for me. I remember back to the weekend I spent with WOW at an avi school when he told me that many of his old tele friends can’t ski anymore because their knees are shot... (WOW was on tele gear that weekend.) For me, I plan to keep it up until that day.....

Can we talk more about the important topic of “serious” backcountry skiing? :P
    i tele'd back in the day lift served just to do something different on shitty ice horror day and then I got married and it was a way to slow down and ski with the wife. Now it hurts my knees. It took ten years to find a binding that wouldn't break.

Another 5 pages of animosity so awesomely sad way to continue the hate, go TGR.

Quote Originally Posted by teledance View Post
    Lighten the fuck up, Francis.

PM Rontele

Hate????

Oh you poor poor downtrodden minorities.

It must be so hard to live a good life while the man keeps you under his thumb.

It’s all about the blah, blah, blah.

Now where’d I put my misery stick?

No one would hate you if you didn’t suck so bad.

Fucking out there double pole planting like a god damn preying mantis.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by El Kanone View Post
    No one would hate you if you didn’t suck so bad.

Fucking out there double pole planting like a god damn preying mantis.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Made me laugh.

all this tele talk is making my knees hurt.

I quit years ago for no real reason. Actually, I'm in good enough shape to start again!