Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    jong and i left at 1:45 today, backed up to lake, metering at high school up the road.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6BE5417E-1F65-484E-B2B6-29E556C4A4A5.jpeg 
Views:	140 
Size:	256.7 KB 
ID:	400388

good meeting you stapes, laps in future

corona was scraped down man made. truly terrifying run of zero edge hold, good times

We ended up going xc skiing instead. Though that was a fail because my daughter's bindings broke in the lot.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    jong and i left at 1:45 today, backed up to lake, metering at high school up the road.

Name:	6BE5417E-1F65-484E-B2B6-29E556C4A4A5.jpeg 
Views:	140 
Size:	256.7 KB 
ID:	400388

good meeting you stapes, laps in future

corona was scraped down man made. truly terrifying run of zero edge hold, good times
    Same to you!

Jong always a pleasure catching up!

Looked similar when I left….FTS.

I went up today and it was a tad busier in the lot than I thought it would be but nonetheless easy parking at Noonish.

I had a blast! Beautiful sunny day and great to get my mind off all the other crap in the world. Planning to head back up on Wednesday or Thursday.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

All the years of intense training, have finally paid off.

Name:	PXL_20220111_200307711.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	985.1 KB 
ID:	400746

Congrats!

I spent the 70’s running gates up there and one of my buds had a cabin in Eldora. Place was deserted in the winter.
    Have most of the cabins been replaced with homes?

Hi cm!

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Congrats!

I spent the 70’s running gates up there and one of my buds had a cabin in Eldora. Place was deserted in the winter.
    Have most of the cabins been replaced with homes?
    I have some friends that live there. It’s still all cabins 🤙

I'll be up tomorrow morning.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Good turns with Hawk and his crew yesterday, West Ridge and Moose Glades were surprisingly good.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Good turns with Hawk and his crew yesterday, West Ridge and Moose Glades were surprisingly good.
    Wow when did that happen? Nice to see them open.

Eldora clusterfuck Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Wow when did that happen? Nice to see them open.
    Yeah. I didn’t notice but it must have been as early as last Monday but as late as Friday AFAICT. I was out Sun and salto and West Ridge skied pretty much like “normal” mid season after a few dry days. Good snow on tracked lines. Fewer punji and rocks than I had expected. That was good to see.

On the other side of the mountain jug glades were getting sad. Brown chunk ice and full on bobsled sections.

And, an overlooked run, my absolute favorite, Summer Road is now open. This run allows fast access to car beer even if you park all the way in the back. And, there’s even less skating than pipeline! Yay!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Sorry I missed you guys, glad it was skiing good for y’all!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Yeah. I didn’t notice but it must have been as early as last Monday but as late as Friday AFAICT. I was out Sun and salto and West Ridge skied pretty much like “normal” mid season after a few dry days. Good snow on tracked lines. Fewer punji and rocks than I had expected. That was good to see.

On the other side of the mountain jug glades were getting sad. Brown chunk ice and full on bobsled sections.

And, an overlooked run, my absolute favorite, Summer Road is now open. This run allows fast access to car beer even if you park all the way in the back. And, there’s even less skating than pipeline! Yay!!

Sorry I missed you guys, glad it was skiing good for y’all!!

Never anybody on Summer Road either. Always fresh track.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Never anybody on Summer Road either. Always fresh track.
    I be mach-in’ by dem foo’s

Got all up in the Indian Peaks Bar and some gaper punter asses be like, yo, is that your line up there on summer road?

Maybe. I ain’t telling off shit.

Name:	PXL_20220119_195746033.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	401996

EXTREEEEEME!!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    EXTREEEEEME!!
    If I didn't chug that Mtn Dew, I probably would have died. Mtn Dew saved my life.

Nice to ski West Ridge and Moose Glades, yesterday. Gully still isn't open.

Quote Originally Posted by JerkPorkins View Post
    If I didn't chug that Mtn Dew, I probably would have died. Mtn Dew saved my life.

How’s the coverage?

Quote Originally Posted by JerkPorkins View Post

Gully is BS. They chopped all the best parts of Bryan Glade (from the old days - can't even remember what it was called before "Bryan") into very-much whatevs runs (presumably so they could up their runs-count) - so sad. Going up tomorrow a.m. Psyched to ski westridge, before it becomes the tortured-ass moguls it...becomes these days. Green jacket, orange boots, if anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    <snip>Psyched to ski westridge, before it becomes the tortured-ass moguls it...becomes these days.

JK, kinda. not really. Def jealous of Friday skiing, have fun! Boss man got me working, after zero hours available on Monday and Tuesday. UGH.

I wonder if a certain meteorologist is predicting Eldo to get 2-4 friday/friday night and not much elsewhere in the franger accessible zones. That's what it was kinda looking like to me.

My little subie's brakes are tired. Might be on the Bus Saturday, since I can catch it from here in Longmont. Or, fix her on Sat and run up for Sun. Anybody else going up this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    Gully is BS. They chopped all the best parts of Bryan Glade (from the old days - can't even remember what it was called before "Bryan") into very-much whatevs runs (presumably so they could up their runs-count) - so sad. Going up tomorrow a.m. Psyched to ski westridge, before it becomes the tortured-ass moguls it...becomes these days. Green jacket, orange boots, if anyone cares.
    Eh, I didn't ski there much back in the day, if I had no doubt I'd be annoyed by all that. But as someone who has mostly skied the the last few years, creating those additional runs was a good thing, and Gully -- even if it was always there with a different name and different access -- is a great run. Ymmv.

Cutting in alpentongue and wolfwhatever and f-ing up the old Bryan’s was bogus.
    Updated parking message below… rule #1, don’t ski on weekends. Rule #2, ski weekdays.

https://www.eldora.com/culture/blog-...-update-012022

Classic:
    “Employ the weekend strategy. While the best practice is to avoid weekends altogether during peak season, if you absolutely must come to Eldora on a weekend (or holiday) be sure to visit strategically”

50% more parking capacity next year.

Plus county mandated SOV parking fees.

Nothing really new in that new update.