Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    I wonder if a certain meteorologist is predicting Eldo to get 2-4 friday/friday night and not much elsewhere in the franger accessible zones.
    Eldo is a climbing area south of Boulder, not surrounded by water on three sides, FYI.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Eldo is a climbing area south of Boulder, not surrounded by water on three sides, FYI.
    Correct. Not a climber but I know where you're talking about. Sorry for the misstep. Fun dink fishin that way too.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Correct. Not a climber but I know where you're talking about. Sorry for the misstep. Fun dink fishin that way too.
    True. Such a nice little solitude nearby when I lived in Boulder. Got a ton of good climbing and hiking in there as well as some soaking. A real gem of a location with its own unique culture.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    How’s the coverage?
    Not bad on the West Ridge side. skizix is going to be even grumpier when he sees how tortured the moguls down West Ridge are but at least there aren't a ton of rocks sticking out. Placer was the opposite with all kinds of shit poking up. That's probably why they had the sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    Gully is BS. They chopped all the best parts of Bryan Glade (from the old days - can't even remember what it was called before "Bryan") into very-much whatevs runs (presumably so they could up their runs-count) - so sad. Going up tomorrow a.m. Psyched to ski westridge, before it becomes the tortured-ass moguls it...becomes these days. Green jacket, orange boots, if anyone cares.
    This was a complete f'n criminal travesty. Cutting some of the best tree terrain to better serve gapers who can't ski trees a la Sober Englishman at Mary Jane. Corporate skiing at its best!

I get it, but Eldora is small and needed more terrain. With a vast treed area that could be more than one tree run with multiple cut runs. Of course the hardcore Eldora skier isn't gonna like it. Lord knows I don't hold back when it comes to complaining about management there, but as a business it made total sense, and not just as a mega corp business.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I get it, but Eldora is small and needed more terrain. With a vast treed area that could be more than one tree run with multiple cut runs. Of course the hardcore Eldora skier isn't gonna like it. Lord knows I don't hold back when it comes to complaining about management there, but as a business it made total sense, and not just as a mega corp business.
    Danno, I have to respectfully disagree....it's the exact same amount of terrain as before, not more terrain. There is no added acreage by cutting trees. It's just terrain that caters to different types of skiers. There were plenty of strong skiers who skied Bryan's Glades before it was cut. It was not some secret stash that held powder for days. It may have only had one trail name before the cutting and now has several named trails, but there were numerous lines in that one tree area. Eldora may be small, but turning some of its better terrain for advanced skiers into terrain for intermediate skiers does not make it bigger. It does, however, show the type of skier that management wants to cater to and that skiing is not very high on management's list of priorities just as much as the travesty of Sober Englishman at the Jane.

Spotted Lafitte off the lift this morning. Good to catch up and get a few runs in! Gorgeous day up there.

Quote Originally Posted by blazes_boylan View Post
    Danno, I have to respectfully disagree....it's the exact same amount of terrain as before, not more terrain. There is no added acreage by cutting trees. It's just terrain that caters to different types of skiers. There were plenty of strong skiers who skied Bryan's Glades before it was cut. It was not some secret stash that held powder for days. It may have only had one trail name before the cutting and now has several named trails, but there were numerous lines in that one tree area. Eldora may be small, but turning some of its better terrain for advanced skiers into terrain for intermediate skiers does not make it bigger. It does, however, show the type of skier that management wants to cater to and that skiing is not very high on management's list of priorities just as much as the travesty of Sober Englishman at the Jane.
    There are still plenty of tight tree lines at Eldora. Adding a couple of cut runs was a good move for all but us upper end skiers. Be honest, you are probably, like me, not really a big spender up there.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    There are still plenty of tight tree lines at Eldora. Adding a couple of cut runs was a good move for all but us upper end skiers. Be honest, you are probably, like me, not really a big spender up there.
    Exactly, that was my point. Sure, some sweet tree lines were lost, and it now takes much less work to get to the ones that are there. But some deeply buried and awesome tree lines being lost is not a huge loss to the bottom line of a ski area. The best Eldora has to offer the expert skier is pretty much the same, and only someone who remembers the way it was back in the day would feel the loss. As someone who rarely skied there until the last 4 years, I view Eldora as fun for the trees it has, and never once thought "man, Bryan Glades and Gully glades are great, but it feels like they should all be one giant tree run rather than 2". And Corona lift is now much more skiable for the advanced intermediate skiers, which helps spread people across the mountain.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Eldora clusterfuck Friday?

Could be a powder day up there tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Could be a powder day up there tomorrow.
    What could go wrong?

Per Seth, could be 9” up there tomorrow.

Anyone go up today? Looks like a decent total up there.

I went up today, it was great. One of the best days I've ever had up there. All of the fun glades are open and had good coverage. Boot deep powder and fresh tracks through Salto and Moose. I spent most of my day back there.

It snowed all day and was dumping when I left. If you can make it up, tomorrow, you should. I'd be back up there, if I could.

Nice QUIET 6” refresh back in Corona Bowl today.

Lots apparently are full today.

Some of the remaining runs that aren't open seem weird to me. Muleshoe, Lower Ambush, and Bonanza stand out to me, especially Muleshoe.

But it's only Friday!

Some of the remaining runs that aren't open seem weird to me. Muleshoe, Lower Ambush, and Bonanza stand out to me, especially Muleshoe.
    Can’t speak for Muleshoe but Lower Ambush is open and yesterday I caught the opening of Lower Diamondback, which was fun.

Lower diamondback was what I meant to write.

Felt like spring up there yesterday. Could use a good refresh though!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4463.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	197.1 KB 
ID:	403723

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4470.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	164.9 KB 
ID:	403724

May try to brave the hoards tomorrow.

May try to brave the hoards tomorrow.
    Jeffco just canceled school, so prepare yourself.

Rooting for ya Danno. Dress warm!

3”!!
    And -8 F

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.