Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    I’m good with a different day. Any week day except April 5th, decent weather permitting.

I'll ski tomorrow or another day. NOAA always predicts the worst up there and then it's not so bad. It's not windy in the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by JerkPorkins View Post
    I'll ski tomorrow or another day. NOAA always predicts the worst up there and then it's not so bad. It's not windy in the trees.
    True. But if the wind is blowing in the 30s and gusting to 60, that's the type of wind that shuts Alpenglow down. While it is always windy up there, it's not often that the winds are forecast that high.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Eldora is Native American for "fuck this wind". I'm heading out Saturday for Taos then Pensacola. Thanks for trying to put something together Danno. I'm still up for a happy hour on Friday.

I am not able to attend tomorrow due to the Job. The Windian Peaks win again. Down for a reschedule!

yeah, think we are pulling the plug on tomorrow. sorry y'all.

I'll defer to consensus, but days I *think* I can still pull off are
    Tues Apr 4
    Fri Apr 7
    Thu Apr 13
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I may still shoot up in afternoon still but agree that very high chance for wind hold.
    Next Fri Apr 7 (afternoon again for me) works great. And prob could do Apr 13.
    Thx danno for organizing!

Just stay in the trees, it's not that bad.

The 7th is good for me.

Wind is howling down here in Lafayette.

NOAA says west wind 20-30 with gusts to 45 tomorrow at Eldora. Is that typically an ok forecast for avoiding winds holds?

Looking at an 8:30-11:45 session on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    NOAA says west wind 20-30 with gusts to 45 tomorrow at Eldora. Is that typically an ok forecast for avoiding winds holds?

Looking at an 8:30-11:45 session on Saturday.
    This is way too late to be useful for last Saturday. But maybe useful to answer in general. Looking at a forecast like that, if I'm keen to ski I'd go for it, especially for the morning shift. With those kinda numbers I wouldn't be too concerned about wind hold. Comfort, maybe. Plus wind is weird, and sometimes is totally mellow even when the forecast is harsh (or vice versa...).

Yeah, 20-30 with gusts to 45 is prime Eldora weather. I.e., normal. You never know, but that has been the forecast for many of my Eldora ski days.

Sad that another person died as a result of hitting a tree on Sunday. That place sure does rack up these types of deaths.

I was the first one down Placer, today, and didn't die even though that sign said I would. It was pretty great up there, today. They only reported 1", but there had to be at least 4" and there was another 2"-3" on my car and snowing hard when I left. It was boot deep in the glades. Get up there tomorrow if you can.

I was the first one down Placer, today, and didn't die even though that sign said I would. It was pretty great up there, today. They only reported 1", but there had to be at least 4" and there was another 2"-3" on my car and snowing hard when I left. It was boot deep in the glades. Get up there tomorrow if you can.
    Very nice. Glad you had a good day up there.

This what the snow stake looked like right before they cleared it around 4 this afternoon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1422.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	510.5 KB 
ID:	454405

Kids school has late start tomorrow and I’m missing his actual bday the following week cuz I have to travel for work one of two weeks of the year it’s required, so we’re playing hooky and cruising up. Hoping they get a few more tonight.

It felt that deep back in the glades. Gully skied like a dream.

Late start days are bullshit and kill any chance of me getting any jobs done, so I take the kids skiing on the first Wednesday of every month. It's pretty great having a monthly scheduled midweek kid ski day.

Tomorrow they want to ski Mary Jane. I do too.

Eldora clusterfuck Friday?

It felt that deep back in the glades. Gully skied like a dream.

Late start days are bullshit and kill any chance of me getting any jobs done, so I take the kids skiing on the first Wednesday of every month. It's pretty great having a monthly scheduled midweek kid ski day.

Tomorrow they want to ski Mary Jane. I do too.
    That would be great with kiddos.

And thanks for the Eldora wind info. It seems 29-30 winds with 45 gusts was ok on Saturday. Maybe a bit borderline with small kids just ready to ride Alpenglow. Saturday was ok.

Did we settle on the 7th for the meet up? If so, I’ll shoot up as soon as I can early afternoon

I'm iffy but interested for tomorrow.

I kind of blew my skiing-instead-of-working time for the week by heading up yesterday. And I have no regrets, because yesterday was fluffy and great.

But some sunny turns and possible parking lot beers sound nice for tomorrow. I might be able to sneak up for a couple hours.

Something came up for me. Regretfully can’t make it.

I'm still game for tomorrow if there are others willing.

I should be able to get up there 1230-1 ish. I’ll prob go either way and will text you. May be able to coax a neighbor to ride along

I'm out. Looks like a gorgeous day for it but work needs doing (does work ever need doing?).

Bummer, as I was looking forward to meeting some of ya'll. Maybe next season.

With nobody but tang saying they were in, I am out too. I would have to leave at 1:30 to get my kid from school, so tang's schedule wasn't working great for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    I should be able to get up there 1230-1 ish. I’ll prob go either way and will text you. May be able to coax a neighbor to ride along