Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    I got up today for last two hours. Man, the last few days of sun really cooked everything. It was snowing HARD but started too late to buffer the frozen base. But should snow well into the night and hopefully will make for a good Fri morning for some folks. Warm and sunny again though then tmrw through well into next week - ugh

Well the 2 weeks of winter was great while it lasted!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

If anyone is up today to spin some slush laps lemme know.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Well, the 3 weeks of winter were great, it's spring now. We need a ton of snow to get back to winter, otherwise it's probably only worth skiing the warm days.

Still beats working.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Your wish is mother natures command... upslope in the forecast!

How about Wednesday the 31st for a mini?

^^^ works for me, i'll show up.

I’ll be in LCC! Party on!

I’m a maybe. If I can get away from work I’ll be there.

Anybody got a spare parking pass for this weekend?

That was just a random pick, trying to avoid spring break. But we can pick any date that works best.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    That was just a random pick, trying to avoid spring break. But we can pick any date that works best.
    Just a heads-up - that's JeffCo spring break.

yeah, like people in JeffCo ever ski Eldora...

I enjoyed the last Eldo mini... I give it an 8.6/10, would bang again. No Ikon pass for me this year, can any of you heathens come off a buddy pass or something? I can probably make the 31st work... especially if there's hawkgt breakfast sammies and parking lot beers involved.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

^^^

You can definitely have one of whatever discount passes come with my Ikon base pass, but no idea what those are.

Agreed it was a good time but I'm not taking a day off to ski Eldora. Since it should be pretty mellow there this weekend we should shoot for Sunday

The discount for a buddy pass is 25% off ticket price I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    yeah, like people in JeffCo ever ski Eldora...
    Well, the *smart* ones don't.

But there are a lot of dumb people down here.

This weekend is going to epitomize the Eldora Cluster.

With all the snow, people are going to be desperate for reservations.
    But:
    Roads will be closed.
    Chairs won't be turning
    If people can get through the access road will be a parking lot.

I'm betting on the Tuesday- Wednesday refresh after the weekend settles down.

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    This weekend is going to epitomize the Eldora Cluster.

With all the snow, people are going to be desperate for reservations.
    But:
    Roads will be closed.
    Chairs won't be turning
    If people can get through the access road will be a parking lot.

I'm betting on the Tuesday- Wednesday refresh after the weekend settles down.
    I'm hoping Monday is soft. We will see. Clusterfuck seems like a good bet...

They just cancelled all race training for Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

im dumb enough to ski eldora

will make this storm cycle even if i have to sleep in the lot. ive been blessed by 2 different days of +16" and the road from boulder blocked by a bus, pure bliss. lifties taking turns lapping, high 5's with strangers, bought a round at the bar one day, that hurt so good. its a diff vibe since the vid but its under the skin.

lifts dont spin the skins go on. got fri, sat, sun afternoon access so far.

as far as mini, ill be there, open all days for most part. bfast sammies on the list

edit: monday should be great, this storm already slowed down. hope it stays in first gear all weekend

Dammit. Still trying to get Sat and Sun access. Hope the race parents cancel some parking.

^^^ holler if skunked, im at full load but truck bed/cap can squeeze in a couple up from the school

Truck bed sounds pretty good. Might hit you up.

Some predictions (assuming we get anywhere near the numbers they're forecasting)...
    Sat = roads and eldo open, but risk of getting stuck up there later in the day (the shelf road has real avy risk)
    Sun = closed... maybe boulder canyon closed (although access down to hospital from ned is prob some priority), shelf road closed, eldo closed
    (Oh, if opens, remember Sat night is start of daylight savings... spring ahead!)
    Mon = maybe open, maybe opens late? Whats priority of plowing shelf road? No resi up there
    Tues = should be open and likely pretty damn good!
    Some other thoughts/predictions...
    I think will be hard to consolidate cars up in Ned (ie, drive up separate and then jam into truck beds etc for eldo access) since finding parking in Ned w/ 2-3+ feet gonna be tough
    If RTD ned bus runs, it will slide into inside ditch and close the canyon
    People will try for caribou and that will be a car-mageddon disaster. That road is a shitshow with 6" of snow
    Eldo in pretty good shape with lift clearance except for the one dig-out spot on corona
    But gonna take a while (days?) for them to clear and open West Ridge, Placer, Gully
    And remember, if shelf road closes, then eldo closes since no emergency access
    Hope we can look back on this as fun, crazy and safe

Although caic point forecast for eldo has basically 2 feet accumulating pretty evenly from sat mid-morning through sun night. I think that cdot could keep on top of something like that (vs say 3-4 feet)
    We'll see. Exciting for sure!