Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Looks like a little upslope brewing, I should be there tomorrow morning.
    Their beers are so good.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

lol, pun definitely not intended
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

How bout dam time?

Even paid $8 for this to take in the view at lookout, no wind, dam nice!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8784D546-6E0F-4289-A0C8-7F8F801E46D9.jpeg 
Views:	71 
Size:	470.8 KB 
ID:	364667

Spring conditions but clouds rolling in

was it getting wet/mushy in the trees? Just trying to figure out if the stuff we get tonight will be on top of a rock hard refrozen base or if the trees will still be good.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

^^^ a bit soft is spots south facing trees but everything else was wind swept to KS and ice over packed man made. best line was psychopath bumps skiers right in the shade, salto was fun, the run out sucked.

no complaints from me, got work done this morning, knocked out laps and back home to finish up. plan on rock hard refrozen base, you can never go wrong and adjust from there.

plan on being up in morning, conf calls drive up and in lot so will miss the first few laps, will let you know when up.

Looking good, for tomorrow. I'll be up there. I just looked at the parking, and you can get a spot on the app, but not the website.

Clusterfuck indeed.

Name:	PXL_20210225_153518453.jpeg 
Views:	124 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	364777

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    ^^^ a bit soft is spots south facing trees but everything else was wind swept to KS and ice over packed man made. best line was psychopath bumps skiers right in the shade, salto was fun, the run out sucked.

no complaints from me, got work done this morning, knocked out laps and back home to finish up. plan on rock hard refrozen base, you can never go wrong and adjust from there.

plan on being up in morning, conf calls drive up and in lot so will miss the first few laps, will let you know when up.
    Service at Eldora? What the hell are you using, a Sat Phone?

I just left. From 9-11 the mountain skiied fantastic. Didn’t cross a track till lap 3. Just a gorgeous windless morning. Crust in most aspects but new snow covered it up for the most part.traffic backed up to the bottom of shelf road as I left at 11. Why...there ain’t no pow left

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Service at Eldora? What the hell are you using, a Sat Phone?
    Just stopped for a conf call at outlook! Ski powder, grab beer. Conf call, ski! Getting tracked but so good. Salto was $$$$

You can get signal at upper lot, near cross country lodge and outlook, that’s about it once in lot.

Eldora clusterfuck Friday?

Hawk we must have crossed paths up there. I’m still smiling from those muleshoe faceshots. Agreed salto was $ Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1614280479.983874.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	364812

In other news the shit show was in full
    Effect at corona chair by 1030. Most of the front range showed up.
    Last edited by Wildman; 02-25-2021 at 01:11 PM.

Wildman, must have missed you, was there too. Good morning. But definite shit show.

Looks like you got it good in Salto wild, well done!

Great laps Danno! Conf call success in CO sun with cold beer.

The inclement weather office is good to go.....

Name:	49BFE12A-DB65-4025-B3CC-859EA4FEBD35.jpeg 
Views:	84 
Size:	426.8 KB 
ID:	364854

Hawk is that in placer? Danno I must have missed the fact that you were coming! Sorry mang. Next time fo sho!

I had the same view as Danno coming in. It took an hour to get up shelf rd. The bus even got stuck.

Hawk you'll have to show me your secret texting spot some time. I had service but I couldn't get one out, no matter how many times I tried.

It was a good one. Best run I had was down Placer. It was mostly untracked, if you went far enough over. Salto was fun too, but you guys mostly beat me to it. Glad the trees are finally getting good.

I'm heading back up in a bit with the kid, if anyone else wants to join us for some kid skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Hawk is that in placer? Danno I must have missed the fact that you were coming! Sorry mang. Next time fo sho!
    no worries; would be good to make some turns this year! And while I didn't hit that shack yesterday, hawk has taken me there and shown me the secret handshake, it is not in Placer.

Should we shoot for another mini this year? Wednesday or Thursday in March? What date?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Should we shoot for another mini this year? Wednesday or Thursday in March? What date?
    Wednesdays are best for me. 17/24/31 equally good.

Danno I’ll be up tomorrow

2 dead in 2 days at Eldo, cluster fuck for sure

I would be up for a Wed mini.

Been rough year at Eldora, think that makes 4-5 fatalities this season.

Bad few days for Eldora. Hope you guys are staying safe, out there.

I saw they also had a power failure, and closed early.

It was a 16-year old that died this morning, ugh ugh ugh and both boarders died on the trail. I cannot imagine Patrol and everyone involved going through that twice in such a short time. So sorry for all.

Looks like a little snow, tomorrow. I think I'll be able to make it up for a few hours, if anyone else wants to ski.