Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Today, a second fatality at Eldora this season:

https://www.9news.com/article/news/l...c-34dd9a253014

Whats the story?

Just icy as hell from all the warm temps?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Whats the story?

Just icy as hell from all the warm temps?

Anywhere Eldora blows "snow" it's icy as hell

Eldora clusterfuck Friday?

Yeah the open (on Sunday anyway) runs also are the same ones that like to get icy first all season long, regardless of how deep the base is or what else is open.

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

And full parking lots with 3 runs open.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    And full parking lots with 3 runs open.
    I think you’re using hyperbole here but, yeah, tons of people on 3 runs.

I wonder if they’ll be able to open more by Saturday, because it just might fill up both lots, so I hope it’s not the same three runs because holy crap! Surely they’ve been blasting corona and mule shoe.

Dude let’s get some turns in! Sounds like you’re there every Saturday; I’ll make it up there on one soon.

Think I am gonna try to get some Christmas turns in, looks like they will have some soft snow, if it hasn't all blown to Kansas yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Dude let’s get some turns in! Sounds like you’re there every Saturday; I’ll make it up there on one soon.
    Definitely! I am going to be there every other Saturday, generally speaking, not every one. Give a shout!
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It’s like they don’t clear the snow stake regularly if they have to boot to it.

Been up a few times this week cruising around with my 6 yo. We’ve had fun. I have a soft spot for Eldora. They could certainly use snow though.

I’ll be up most Sundays Jan-March. Kiddo in lessons so I’ll be riding solo for 3-4 hrs those mornings.

Hope you’re well Jong! Been awhile. I run by your place a few times a week if you’re still in the same spot. Hope to see you on the hill!

Quote Originally Posted by stapes View Post
    Been up a few times this week cruising around with my 6 yo. We’ve had fun. I have a soft spot for Eldora. They could certainly use snow though.

I’ll be up most Sundays Jan-March. Kiddo in lessons so I’ll be riding solo for 3-4 hrs those mornings.

Hope you’re well Jong! Been awhile. I run by your place a few times a week if you’re still in the same spot. Hope to see you on the hill!
    Heck yeah! Hope you and yours are doing well too bro! Let’s get some turns in. And yeah I’m at the Same place. Yeah eldo is parched atm but no other place is an hour from town and the skis still slide! 8” last night will help… a little.

Think I am gonna try to get some Christmas turns in, looks like they will have some soft snow, if it hasn't all blown to Kansas yet.

Definitely! I am going to be there every other Saturday, generally speaking, not every one. Give a shout!
    Was up today. Limited terrain but not a lift line in sight and snowing. Will be back up tomorrow Danno let’s make turns.

Alpen on mech hold atm

And the clusterfuck continues! At least I haven't left my house yet!

I ain't leaving based on Eldora's "estimated" times, either, I've seen this movie before and it doesn't have a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Was up today. Limited terrain but not a lift line in sight and snowing. Will be back up tomorrow Danno let’s make turns.
    Hope you're not waiting up there too like Lafitte!

We had a fun time Christmas Eve morning. Got up there early and were in the lift line before they started loading up chairs. Me and the kid got to be one of the first few down the Jolly Jug. It was dumping as we were leaving, I wish we could have stayed more than a couple of hours.

I have been burned going to Eldora by gearing up my then 2.5 year old and 5 year old in the far north lot and then getting them trudged down to the Little Hawk side just as they closed the whole mountain down due to wind leading us to just turn tail and go back to Denver. Fun times! Based on the local NOAA forecast is there a rule of thumb for wind gusts up xx mph where you have to get concerned about wind holds at Eldora? I'd like to take my 3.5 and 6-year-old girls up along with the wife for an afternoon session this week and am eying going up one of the days from Wednesday-Friday. Has afternoon parking during this busy time (preferably by Little Hawk) been an issue? Below is the current NOAA forecast as of posting time.

Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eldora.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	238.3 KB 
ID:	398411

I don’t really know where they draw the line when the measure it at the mountain but ive guessed right more than once. If the forecast says over 30 “sustained” or if gusts over uhhh 45 maybe, it’s in the danger zone.

I don’t recall of this is pre or post Alpenglow install BUT sometimes the main mountain would wind hold and little hawk would stay open. There haven’t been much crowds or parking issues on the weekends I’ve been up so far, there’s still not much to ski.

Hope you're not waiting up there too like Lafitte!
    Waiting?!? I just forgot to post the stoke! We got to slay the 3” on the slalom slope as they opened the Poma to the public while Alpen was shut down

Epic Eldo Pow Stoke:

Name:	IMG_3423.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	398458

It was pleasant once it opened at 11:00. Obviously they are parched but 7” or so over 72hrs made what they did have open very nice to slide on. Glad I waited.
    Place was pretty empty.

I laughed when I saw that they opened the Race lift, you got to be like one of the race groms!

Wolfelot, like JL, I don't know of a specific number, but his numbers seem correctish. And yes, they will usually close Alpenglow before closing Little Hawk, and the winds I'm seeing on that forecast -- while they suck because Windora -- probably won't close the kiddo mountain. I assume that an afternoon arrival would certainly get parking in the lower lot, but no guarantees. Oh, and always check the twitter acct for updates before you leave: https://twitter.com/EldoraMtnResort That's how I knew not to head up there the other day, and they will post parking updates if it's getting tight.

Surprise little 6” last night (that’s what she said). This morning was great. Finally felt like winter up there. Soft turns before it got a little busier as day went on but man it felt good. Some nice runs off Alpen before I took the kiddo over to Sundance after his legs were getting tired and to avoid some crowds. Fun times hitting the little jumps over there.

They had the guns out up top by JJ, Powderhorn and D&S from what I saw.

Canyon pretty much bone dry til Ned.

Wolfelot- I’ve been up 3x the past week with no parking issues. Today was busiest day of 3 arrived at 920ish was about 3/4 way back in first/main lot. Other times arrived ~ 9:30 and 12:30 both times plenty of space. This week might be a bit different with maybe more people taking off. But plenty of spots available when we left around 2 today.

That forecast is funny…windy, blustery, breezy,…

Name:	IMG_4174.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	364.0 KB 
ID:	398480

Guys I appreciate the info on the winds, parking and crowds. I too had felt like something around 30+ sustained winds and 45+ gusts start to be in the zone of potential wind holds on top of not being as fun for 3.5 and 6 year old kids.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    Guys I appreciate the info on the winds, parking and crowds. I too had felt like something around 30+ sustained winds and 45+ gusts start to be in the zone of potential wind holds on top of not being as fun for 3.5 and 6 year old kids.
    I’ve been taking my girls now 5&8 to eldora alot since COVID. The ease of the commute and being able to park at the “the beach” by the magic carpet and just back the truck up with a gas fire pit and tailgate has been rad.

Typically we arrive around 1130. Haven’t had a prob getting great parking. The schlep from little hawk to alpenglow blows. The need a ground level rope tow…

Was talking to a ski patrol on Christmas and he said alpenglow has 3 backup engines including a diesel in ensure nobody gets stuck. We were experiencing mechanicals on Christmas so not surprised for the delays on the 26th.

Im typically there with wifey and two small humans (pink and purple) I’m on teles (red coat
    Black pants) holler.

Also if you get turned back by winds backcountry or crosscut pizza in ned / carousel of happiness / knotted root brewing are all highly worthy or your time

I've been calling it the "Bunny Beach" and yeah that whole Little Hawk area is great for the little kids.

I think I like the Carousel of Happiness just as much as the kids. That Wurlitzer Band Organ is really fucking cool.

Heading up w/ the kiddo in a few. I’m on a blue board w/ blue coat/grey pants. He’s in all black/dark blue w/ red skis. Ask for change!

Friday storm shaping up nicely. Come on now!

Yeah, the Carousel is a really special thing. Every time I go I see something new, some little detail, that I had missed before. Cheesy but completely accurate name.

I'll be up tomorrow morning, but may just be working in the IP Lodge.