Tamarack is back

Wildwood lift to be reinstalled next summer!
    https://boisedev.com/news/2018/11/20/tamarack-resort-imperium-blue-mmg/
    Last edited by GlimmerIII; 11-20-2018 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Link bad

Quote Originally Posted by GlimmerIII View Post
    Wildwood lift to be reinstalled next summer!
    https://boisedev.com/news/2018/11/20...rium-blue-mmg/
    A couple years of operation before the second bankruptcy?

I loved Tamarack and Brundage for the 5 years I lived in Boise. I hope something works out there. No people (guess thats part of the problem) and when the snow is good the tracks are fresh all day with lots of fun terrain. Was nice to hike around Wildwood when they removed the lift for even more fresh. With all the people flocking to Boise nowadays it seems like eventually it could be a good investment... but who knows.

Not for long if their controller and General Manager Brad Larsen act like this:

https://www.facebook.com/tarek.riche...0947058120254/

Not surprised though, that place has always been douchy, even from the start and multiple failed attempts to get it to even start it's still fumbling.

Yeah, I want to sit in a shitty bubble with dirty floors and ventilation fans clogged with dust and grease, etc. above the kitchen and be served food. No thanks.

Tamarack had been receiving unanimous complaints about me from guests

well, it was unanimous.

^^^ probably from the douchebags that thought Tarek was stealing their lines

So you are Tarek? I see no other motivation to bump a couple months old threads here otherwise.
    Live Free or Die

Nope, not Tarek, just sharing Tamarack's douchiness.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Nope, not Tarek, just sharing Tarek's douchiness.
    You can tell from his Facebook ramblings that he's the type of person that has problems probably no matter where he goes.

I'm not sure what the issue is. This guy seems like a clown. His big long facebook rant story seems to be omitting details and not actually explaining anything. There's probably a reason why they don't want him at the hill.

Need to post

threads to msg

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I'm not sure what the issue is. This guy seems like a clown. His big long facebook rant story seems to be omitting details and not actually explaining anything. There's probably a reason why they don't want him at the hill.
    That there is a victim.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

I was thinking of hitting Tamarack next year after they reinstall Wildwood. We've been to Brundage, which was fun but it's definitely short on steeps (and long on snow quality). Some Brundage regulars told us we should hit Tamarack next time. Worth it?

2 sides to every story and then there is what really happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    That was my feeling too. I love it when people post up shit like this expecting everybody is going to rally around them. Go away.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    That was my feeling too. I love it when people post up shit like this expecting everybody is going to rally around them. Go away.
    Yeah, that rant was way too long and limited on details to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by skysos View Post
    I was thinking of hitting Tamarack next year after they reinstall Wildwood. We've been to Brundage, which was fun but it's definitely short on steeps (and long on snow quality). Some Brundage regulars told us we should hit Tamarack next time. Worth it?
    It is fun and a nice change from Brundage or Bogus a couple times a season. I wouldn't call Tamarack steep by any means though. Side country can be fun there and easily accessed by a short hike either north or south on the top ridge.

Quote Originally Posted by skysos View Post
    Nope. Tamarack is boring, that is unless you like to ski flat groomers and have to skate back from the south boundary area uphill back to the lift. There's short little shots and even the upper "bowls" are very short. The mountain was planned by a retard.

I still think they built the ski area on the wrong part of West Mountain. They should've moved it down the ridge to the south a little ways, but it was a land swap with the state and railroaded through by Dork Kempthorne who owns property near the base of the mountain and had a vested interest in making Tamarack happen with Jean Pierre Bospflug who then "disappeared" after the bubble burst and luckily didn't end up with concrete shoes from the Mexican cartel.

I hear they have a good golf course if you're into that kind of thing.

Yeahman, and kindly fuck off. You didn't have to open the thread and comment if you didn't want.

I'm just pointing out the douchiness of Tamarack on both sides, but their management ain't nothing to give awards to.

Yes, there's probably two sides to this story, but Tamarack management could have handled it better.

Yes, there's probably two sides to this story, but Tamarack management could have handled it better.
    "probably" ???

No love lost for Tamarack from what I have read over the years, but when you call them out and then only present one side of the argument from a blogging whiner, well, that's kind of inviting criticism, eh?

If you open a can of worms like this you need to own it, not criticize others for commenting.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Anyone want some popcorn? Just made a fresh batch. Is it summer on the ski board already?

I had a season pass to Tamarack for two years back in 2012-2013. There was never anybody there, and usually some pretty good funky chunky powder up top.

Sure, the rain at the bottom sucks, but a grand total of 100 skiers on mountain sure is cool.

How do you pick a fight at Tamarack? Place is like a ghost town.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Not for long if their controller and General Manager Brad Larsen act like this:

https://www.facebook.com/tarek.riche...0947058120254/

Not surprised though, that place has always been douchy, even from the start and multiple failed attempts to get it to even start it's still fumbling.

Yeah, I want to sit in a shitty bubble with dirty floors and ventilation fans clogged with dust and grease, etc. above the kitchen and be served food. No thanks.
    The post you linked was long since taken down but I thought a conclusion a few years later may please you:
    "Ex-Idaho ski manager gets probation, jail for sexual battery"
    https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/cr...7-0f27d8b8cff7

You'll also be happy to hear that tent is finally gone. They still haven't figured out how to snowblow sidewalks though.

I'm wondering how the USFS expansion proposal will pan out, or if the entire thing is a money grab to drum up real estate value and sell more lots/condos.
    I wish I had some inside knowledge but from what I gather even the permit application has been clunky.

There is also a minor ownership change " October 2021, MMG Equity Partners took full ownership of Tamarack Resort from Imperium Companies and Blue River Family Offices."
    I really don't understand MMG's long term plan here because their entire business is commercial real estate in FL + an Idaho ski resort thrown in.

The crowds are light so I hope the place survives.

Was there three weeks ago. 4-5” fresh skied well all day. It’s a fun little mountain with a lot of short “steep” pitches tied together with long traverses.

The village area sucks - I don’t like walking 1/2 mile from lifts to get a beverage or food

The locals were really talking up the new management and money they are dumping in - new Gondi to serve Grouse Bowl, expanded marina, yada ^3. Will see what happens.

I agree, that storm a few weeks ago had some surprisingly good snow and good tree skiing. Slowly finding all of the 'secret stashes'.

Well, the Gondi can't happen until USFS reviews and approves the expansion. So that's probably 5-7 years out IF it is approved.

They had prior plans for several other lifts within their terrain they could still presumably add now.
    The proposed south and north upper lifts would really open up summit terrain.
    Check out some old maps:
    https://skimap.org/SkiAreas/view/488

Not a mediocre area, went there for one day with my Bogus pass in Mid March of this year.