Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Re-tooling for japan next year. Currently have 189 goats which work in purdy much any condition. Would I be massively missing out if I just brought them?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It's pretty hard to massively miss out when you're in Japan. First of all, you're in Japan. Chances are good that you're skiing pow in rad birch forests with people you enjoy spending time with. Unless you decide to take some slalom skis you're probably not going to be missing out. Reality schmeality - let's re-enter the dream...
    My experience skiing Protests in Hokkaido for a couple weeks last February was that the number of times I pumped my fist and proclaimed to nobody in particular "These skis fucking ruuullle!!!" at the bottom of a run outnumbered the amount of times I thought to myself "Hmm, these do surprisingly well in variable conditions" by about 5000%. Would I have missed out on my Bibbys? Not even close. Did other members of my group have an amazing time on narrower skis? Of course. Were the Protests a better tool for the task at hand? Did I mention that these skis fucking ruuulllllee!!!?
    I can't imagine having a bad time on Goats, but I've also never heard of anyone taking Protests to Japan and regretting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reformed View Post
    It's pretty hard to massively miss out when you're in Japan. First of all, you're in Japan. Chances are good that you're skiing pow in rad birch forests with people you enjoy spending time with. Unless you decide to take some slalom skis you're probably not going to be missing out. Reality schmeality - let's re-enter the dream...
    My experience skiing Protests in Hokkaido for a couple weeks last February was that the number of times I pumped my fist and proclaimed to nobody in particular "These skis fucking ruuullle!!!" at the bottom of a run outnumbered the amount of times I thought to myself "Hmm, these do surprisingly well in variable conditions" by about 5000%. Would I have missed out on my Bibbys? Not even close. Did other members of my group have an amazing time on narrower skis? Of course. Were the Protests a better tool for the task at hand? Did I mention that these skis fucking ruuulllllee!!!?
    I can't imagine having a bad time on Goats, but I've also never heard of anyone taking Protests to Japan and regretting it.
    This is my exact thought, the serious awesomeness of the Protests for skiing Japan way out weigh the very few times they weren’t versatile enough, but then again no one comes to Japan to ski icy variable crap, they go to Vermont for that and do take little ting carving skis.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums