Warden toes/916 heels

I want to use my touring boots all the time, but I have several skis that are mounted for 916s with inserts. There is space for me to mount the warden toes (compatible with touring boots), but no way to mount the heels with the 916 heel hole overlap.

What would be the downside of using warden toes & 916 heels? Stack height seems OK and the midsole wont move much if at all.

Thoughts? Am I asking for a spiral fracture?

Ramp will change, Warden heel is 24.8mm and 916 is 19.25mm.

How many pair of bindings are you planning to run this way? I could consider selling one of my machined 916/STH16 toe pedestals with AT boot spacer and sliding AFD, can't remember how many I currently have. Would have to ask a reasonable amount, they were a lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Ramp will change, Warden heel is 24.8mm and 916 is 19.25mm.

How many pair of bindings are you planning to run this way? I could consider selling one of my machined 916/STH16 toe pedestals with AT boot spacer and sliding AFD, can't remember how many I currently have. Would have to ask a reasonable amount, they were a lot of work.
    Yeah, i have a 5mm spacer I can use on the 916 heels to get them a lot closer to the warden stack height.

I only need a single set of toes, I switch them across skis when necessary. Interested in learning more about your modified toes, and understand that getting them that way was not a trivial task.

Spacer under heel is a good idea, that works.

Here was my OCD approach: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...nding-quot-cat

I've been using (as have many before me) my Lupo with full touring soles in 916/STH bindings for the past few years with great results. I had them tested on the wintersteiger safetronic before skiing them and they actually passed with better results than my kryptons with alpine soles in the same binding. food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    I've been using (as have many before me) my Lupo with full touring soles in 916/STH bindings for the past few years with great results. I had them tested on the wintersteiger safetronic before skiing them and they actually passed with better results than my kryptons with alpine soles in the same binding. food for thought.
    When you say say full touring soles do you mean a full length rockered sole, or do you mean the grip walk rubber soles?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    I should have been more specific in my initial post. I have & love scarpa maestrale rs boots, which have a fully rockered sole with no WTR/grip walk compatibility. Looking quickly online the lupo seems to be much flatter in the toe and the hard pegs would give you a much more consistent release which I wont get.

have you tested the 916 toe to confirm that they are NOT releasing at the specified value?

I would start with that to confirm 100% that this IS a problem

Just wind the toe height up, o you have the 1mm gap bwtween boot toe and binding AFD and see?

Even adjusted to a 1mm gap, what if you're being thrown forward when you need to release, and the rubber sole is firmly against a fixed AFD?

Given the soft sole of many fully rockered boots like Mastrale RS, I actually ran zero gap and maybe even a hair of compression against the sliding AFD to keep edging acceptably crisp.

sliding afd has been shown to not be the hard and fast best solution despite industry movement in that direction.

Mark, the full rockered rubber soles. Not grip walk.

How does Warden toe forward pressure ranges compare to 916 forward pressure?

Basically, is the forward pressure indicator of the 916 heel going to brake your warden toes or keep them from having proper retention and release functionality? We know not all bindings have the same forward pressure, is this an issue here?

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    How does Warden toe forward pressure ranges compare to 916 forward pressure?

Basically, is the forward pressure indicator of the 916 heel going to brake your warden toes or keep them from having proper retention and release functionality? We know not all bindings have the same forward pressure, is this an issue here?
    Shouldn't be. Considering that the Warden and Sth2 both use the same heel and the Sth2 design is similar to the 916...I doubt it is an issue. Both heels are worm screw designs and can be micro adjusted.
    Click. Point. Chute.

I’m not saying you wouldn’t be able to adjust it correctly, just the stock indicator might be off.