Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

$7.50 Beer at Eldora

Jeez, $7.50 for a beer at Eldora these days? Yikes, no thank you. Heads up to anyone going there, BYOB.

Complaints about the ikonic beer price?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

$7.50 Beer at Eldora

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1492.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	927.4 KB 
ID:	256223

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Only one or two are >6%, the Ninkasi is OK. Slide Avery IPA in there instead of white rascal. Or left hand IPA

Also, they were 750 last year. And the year before that. It does seem like they had some specials though.

I’ll add I’ve been suckered into paying 750 for those brews down I the valley here and there.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Loveland is the only CO place left with $5 taps?

Blame the rec pot industry - when demand drops, prices have to rise to compensate

i've been having the same realization lately. everywhere. $6+ everywhere for some things i can buy at a store for 1/3. i don't go out that much so beer prices snuck up behind my back. i had a couple pints of guinness with brunch a couple weeks ago at a nice restaurant. it was a great meal, great stout, great company but i got the bill and the beer just made me shit my pants.

IKON=EPIC

You guys ever buy beer at a concert venue? Fiddler's was $10+ for a fucking Shock Top! You are paying a premium for the location. I just bring a warm jacket, and a cooler of PBR to drink on the tailgate while I let the dog chase the frisbee in the lot after the lifts close. Much better ambiance too.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    i've been having the same realization lately. everywhere. $6+ everywhere for some things i can buy at a store for 1/3. i don't go out that much so beer prices snuck up behind my back. i had a couple pints of guinness with brunch a couple weeks ago at a nice restaurant. it was a great meal, great stout, great company but i got the bill and the beer just made me shit my pants.
    Or... it could've been the crab cake eggs benedict making you poopy.

FWIW, Eburg beer is consistently half Seattle pricing

Next up, changing to 8 ounce glasses?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

$7.50 Beer at Eldora

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    when demand drops, prices have to rise to compensate
    Is this what they teach in pot school these days?

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    You guys ever buy beer at a concert venue? Fiddler's was $10+ for a fucking Shock Top! You are paying a premium for the location. I just bring a warm jacket, and a cooler of PBR to drink on the tailgate while I let the dog chase the frisbee in the lot after the lifts close. Much better ambiance too.
    Exactly ^^^^^^ well said , Flyers game on sat , three guys, I bought two rounds of 22oz beers and some crab fries, 75 for the two rounds 10 for the fries plus parking 20, 110 for the game then lost at dinner playing credit card game, just shy of 300 for the night so 7,50 for a beer in a ski resort is cheap,,,,,,
    always forward but never straight

$7.50 is a lot for a beer out?

I expect to pay more at a bar and I expect to get gouged at a game... but I got really pissed when all our local breweries started charging 12, 13, 15 bucks a 6 pack... wtf!
    Then they start changing the same for a four-pack. I love a good beer. Don't mind paying somewhat of a premium at a concert or ski slope... but at the fuckin brewery?!

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app

Paying extra for the freshness. Damn, I just let a paint peeling rip go here at work and nobody is here yet. The perpetrator will be obvious once people start filing in. Searching for Febreeze

Depends on the beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob D! View Post
    I expect to pay more at a bar and I expect to get gouged at a game... but I got really pissed when all our local breweries started charging 12, 13, 15 bucks a 6 pack... wtf!
    Then they start changing the same for a four-pack. I love a good beer. Don't mind paying somewhat of a premium at a concert or ski slope... but at the fuckin brewery?!
    This baffles me as well. I get there is a premium for craft beer but I've been to certain breweries that are charging more for their 6-packs than the liquor store does across the street.

As far as expensive beer at ski areas..... that's just expected especially if you're making that ski experience "epic/ikonic." go to ski cooper if you want cheap beer or a denver dive bar

$7.50 a fuckin beer? Got Damn Kids...... get off my fuckin lawn!

Only a Got Damn Moran would pay that much for a fuckin beer. Not when this is available....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10250436-60DA-4D6D-B2D0-8573AD55E197.jpeg 
Views:	180 
Size:	142.8 KB 
ID:	256305

THE beer for the true sportsman...

Name:  8A7459FE-32D1-498B-9575-53AD449F4BDE.jpeg
Views: 1149
Size:  22.5 KB

A very cool brew indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    This baffles me as well. I get there is a premium for craft beer but I've been to certain breweries that are charging more for their 6-packs than the liquor store does across the street.
    I stopped buying beer from places that do that... but I'm running out of good local beers to drink! WTF!
    Time to look for some refreshing, cool Mountain Brew!

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    when demand drops, prices have to rise to compensate
    thats...not how it works

^That very cool brew just might be a winner.

Bevy at the lodge is just about $10 considered. $8.00, dollar tip....really? $50+ for a six?... So I can buy a round for me and some friends (5) beers for $45.00, or, not.

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

Car Bar

Bring a cooler with beer and food for post skiing entertainment in the parking lot.

$7.50 for a decent draft at a ski area = average

$7.50? Meh, you think you got problems?

AZ Snowbowl just jacked their prices up. $9.50 for a fuckin 16oz cup. Sunday was the last day I'll be drinking at the bar.
    Last season was $9 for a 24oz cup, and $7 for a 16oz, and $5.50 for a PBR tall boy. Now it's all 16oz cups, and the tallboys are gone.

There's gonna be a whole lotta empty cans in the parking lots, and a lot less empty cups at the bar.