Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    That’s always the story, but they also increased their distribution footprint and ability to leverage markets, as well as access to ingredients at much lower prices. Typical corporate benefits, but they have to try to keep that “Crafty” feel. Just the name 10 Barrel is pretty ironic.
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    And they only play the “Were still keeping all the same folks and doing the same thing we always have” mantra till they start to see declining sales. Consumers have very short attention spans for that feel good shit.
    Yep.

But 70000 Barrel just doesn't have the same ring.

When it comes to beer, Bellingham is trying to become Bend North. Thirteen breweries (and counting). Literally the day the news broke that AB/InBev bought 10 barrel everyone here was talking about it. There was hope that they'd leave it alone, but after the expansion, and IB's acquisition of Elysian that hope was lost.

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    You poor Americans... If you are skiing in Western Canada you will be blown away with how much the shitty draft is. Granted we pay more for booze but ski hill pricing is appraching pro hockey pricing.
    A pitcher (60oz) at Revelstoke Mountain Resort is $25 CDN - about $19 US. I haven't bought a pint there in ages because it's way cheaper in town, so I'm not sure what one of those costs. A US pint is only 16 oz (a Canada pint is 20oz), so that's 3.75 pints per pitcher, or roughly $28 US per pitcher. Subtract a few dollars for volume discount, and it's still quite a bit more expensive.

My experience is the price difference in beer between Canada and the US really only comes in for the cheap stuff, which is way cheaper down south than up here.

Edit: I checked, and lift tickets are also cheaper at RMR than Eldora. That's probably a bigger outrage if you're an Eldora skier.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexC View Post
    A pitcher (60oz) at Revelstoke Mountain Resort is $25 CDN - about $19 US. I haven't bought a pint there in ages because it's way cheaper in town, so I'm not sure what one of those costs. A US pint is only 16 oz (a Canada pint is 20oz), so that's 3.75 pints per pitcher, or roughly $28 US per pitcher. Subtract a few dollars for volume discount, and it's still quite a bit more expensive.

My experience is the price difference in beer between Canada and the US really only comes in for the cheap stuff, which is way cheaper down south than up here.

Edit: I checked, and lift tickets are also cheaper at RMR than Eldora. That's probably a bigger outrage if you're an Eldora skier.
    All this AND healthcare??!?!! Moving to Canada STAT!

Behold, the $7.50 beer.....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9D0D67B9-C1F4-45F0-8F54-FB7C44A8BF4A.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	506.6 KB 
ID:	256939

Do they sell imperial pints in Revelstoke? I've seen a lot of pint glasses in Canada marked 0.5l (about 17 fl oz)

I just paid $9 for a local micro and a chili here at Disco. Suck it, CO. Probably gonna have another beer too. First day legs.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    is the tgr site still full of 10 barrell ads? my puter died and i don't see them on my phone. i had a couple of their samples somewhere -- maybe the web.com tournament and i remember them as water with color.
    Apololypse IPA is most definitely not watery, and is quite good. Their Double Mosaic (double IPA) was my favorite strong beer for a while - not sure they make that anymore. I have to say that the Scale Breaker (might be its replacement) is terrible though - like, I could only finish 1/2 of it.

Just cuz they sold out to InBev does not mean their beer sucks (which I have to say is a little surprising: that micros eaten by Mega Beer don't really seem to change in terms of quality or character).

It's a bummer seeing the little guys bought out by the mega-corps. But you can't blame them, it's like winning the lottery (friend of mine sold his soft drink company to one of the biggies, and he's now set for life 10x over). And it's not all bad: the potential for a jackpot exit plan like that is just more motivation for folks to open more new micros (and crazily, there seems to be no saturation point - can't swing a dead cat in CO these days, without hitting a micro and a dispensary).

Oregon, like Colorado, also enjoys status as another Beer, and Bud, Buzz Valhalla. The Bud got cheaper when we legalized, but the beer keeps going up.

Tline checking in with $7 22oz beer

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    It's around $15 for a Dale's tallboy at Red Rocks. Straight-up robbery.
    RR and other front-range concert venues' beer prices have skyrocketed in the last 10 years.

It's a pretty good comparison to a ski-hill bar too, you pay a similar cost to access, then get gouged on booze.
    Looking at it that way, 7.50 beer at Eldora doesn't sound too bad, but TBH I'm guilty of buying one earlier this year.

$7.50 Beer at Eldora

The west ridge had pretty good to OK coverage when I left at noon today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1537.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	261568 from the end of the traverse.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Just went through 4 different airports. $7.50 for a beer. That would be nice.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    Apololypse IPA is most definitely not watery, and is quite good. Their Double Mosaic (double IPA) was my favorite strong beer for a while - not sure they make that anymore. I have to say that the Scale Breaker (might be its replacement) is terrible though - like, I could only finish 1/2 of it.

Just cuz they sold out to InBev does not mean their beer sucks (which I have to say is a little surprising: that micros eaten by Mega Beer don't really seem to change in terms of quality or character).

It's a bummer seeing the little guys bought out by the mega-corps. But you can't blame them, it's like winning the lottery (friend of mine sold his soft drink company to one of the biggies, and he's now set for life 10x over). And it's not all bad: the potential for a jackpot exit plan like that is just more motivation for folks to open more new micros (and crazily, there seems to be no saturation point - can't swing a dead cat in CO these days, without hitting a micro and a dispensary).
    Where does one find a dead cat to swing? I apparently have not been to Colorado in a while. Sounds like it has gone downhill. Unless El chapultepec is still there by the baseball stadium

Sent from my LM-G710VM using TGR Forums mobile app

Make hot sandwiches in tin foil on the wood stove in the skyline hut and bring yer own beers for the cheap win

You dentists are so un prepared for real life
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by markcjr View Post
    Where does one find a dead cat to swing? I apparently have not been to Colorado in a while. Sounds like it has gone downhill. Unless El chapultepec is still there by the baseball stadium
    so I gather you're against microbreweries and dispensaries? Utah is your safe haven in the west because the rest is nothing but hellfire and damnation
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Up here on the hill we got "thrilling Thursday's" where a local business will buy a spancership for free appies, sometimes free beer , silly games , sometimes music and you could always win draw prizes

A locally made craft brew is about 7 or 8 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    A locally made craft brew is about 7 or 8 bucks
    Canadian? Isn't that like $2.50 USD?

Yup and actually a low Canadian dollar is good for Canadian industry

I like beer, but couldn't imagine ever wanting one bad enough to fork over $7.50 or more for one. But the cost of beer in general is getting ridiculous. $12+ for a bomber at the supermarket? I don't give a shit how good you think it is, it's still the same basic ingredients and process as any other decent beer. I also never understood the whole bar at the ski area thing, never something I've enjoyed combining, and at the end of the day I'd rather get my drink on elsewhere.
    My rectum did feel a bit sore after buying a package of m&ms for $4 at Squaw. With the passholder discount. Not even king sized. Fuck buying anything at a ski area besides a season pass.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Yer suuposed to eat them not insert them.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    I like beer, but couldn't imagine ever wanting one bad enough to fork over $7.50 or more for one. But the cost of beer in general is getting ridiculous. $12+ for a bomber at the supermarket? I don't give a shit how good you think it is, it's still the same basic ingredients and process as any other decent beer. I also never understood the whole bar at the ski area thing, never something I've enjoyed combining, and at the end of the day I'd rather get my drink on elsewhere.
    My rectum did feel a bit sore after buying a package of m&ms for $4 at Squaw. With the passholder discount. Not even king sized. Fuck buying anything at a ski area besides a season pass.
    Most $12+ bombers are going to be barrel aged, have some special ingredients, and higher ABV. If you pay that for a basic IPA yeah, you got ripped off. Firestone Walker's anniversary ale, for instance, is usually worth the price. A blend from a bunch of different barrels and batches, well thought out, and took a lot of time, which is an expensive ingredient, to make.

As I've stated earlier in this thread, I consider on mountain Beverages as a luxury that you are either willing or not willing to pay for. Nobody's twisting your arm. Nobody is stopping you from drinking on your tailgate, at least not around here. On Xmas, I was cruising around with a few PBR tallboys in my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Yer suuposed to eat them not insert them.
    But chuggin is all the rage with the kids these days.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    You don't understand the bar at the ski area thing? I don't understand anything that you just said.......
    dirtbag, not a dentist

You fucking dentists know the price of everything

and the value of nothing

so.... what IS the value of nothing? c’mon man, don’t leave us hangin like that yo....