Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snojones View Post
    At this point it is a toss up as to weather I will die before I can no longer afford a craft brew. I have already stopped buying beers when I get a restaurant meal. I have taken to calling my ski hill "The Home of the $25 Beer" because I expect they will be the first venue, I frequent, that charges that price.

But, no worries...Like global warming, catching up with Chinese Civil Rights, MAKING AMERIKA HATE AGAIN, and killing 80,000 people with pollution over the next decade... it is all part of the Caligula Administration's plan for Greater Prosperity. It is god's will and we will all be happy in the camps! They will give us discipline and education... But don't expect craft beers.
    Well, everything's connected: future-weather-climate-beer-prices

"In the median extreme year under higher warming scenarios, we found that beer prices in the U.S. [would] increase by $1.19 per six-pack, but in the more severe extreme years prices would more than double, rising by $8.31 per six-pack"

But back to the topic at hand. Typical bars/restaurants charge around $6+ for a pint of craft brew. It is utterly unsurprising and non-scandalous that Eldora is charging $7.50. Was this your first time at a ski resort?

Just BYOB and tailgate. Or just crack your BYOB on the lift or in the lodge (the latter is technically illegal I think, but the only place I've ever been hassled is Keystone, and you know...fuck Keystone in the first place).

Thanks. Looks like I'd have to travel coast to coast to get one. I'll probably have better luck with my search for regular white label Colt 45.
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Compared to Keystone Ice? Fuckin Awesome...... compared to other stuff, not so much awesome.

Available exclusively at a fine Stewart’s shop near you.

https://www.stewartsshops.com/find-a-shop/

fact.

At Snowbird, I know Tram Club has the $5 shot and beer deal but doesn't their grocery store also serve as a liquor store? How does that work? Can you buy a case, bring it out to the patio and throw em back?

$2.50 PBR's at Tyrol everyday. Excellent Bloody Mary's as well. They actually wheel out a bloody bar on race days for all the parents.

Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    $2.50 PBR's at Tyrol everyday. Excellent Bloody Mary's as well. They actually wheel out a bloody bar on race days for all the parents.

Nice, that was where i skied in High School.

You poor Americans... If you are skiing in Western Canada you will be blown away with how much the shitty draft is. Granted we pay more for booze but ski hill pricing is appraching pro hockey pricing.

Yeah and one of the the bartenders at Eldora is a total dick. So my beer tends to be $7.50 because I’m not tipping him which will only reinforce the dickishness but eff that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gentry View Post
    At Snowbird, I know Tram Club has the $5 shot and beer deal but doesn't their grocery store also serve as a liquor store? How does that work? Can you buy a case, bring it out to the patio and throw em back?
    Sure you can but they'll be warm. Pharmacy has cold 3.2 singles though.

Quote Originally Posted by turnNburn View Post
    Yeah and one of the the bartenders at Eldora is a total dick. So my beer tends to be $7.50 because I’m not tipping him which will only reinforce the dickishness but eff that guy.
    Solid first post...

I'm sure he speaks highly of you as well.

that's what beers cost in downtown anchorage.
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

What an enlightening thread
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1542903374.275525.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	178.2 KB 
ID:	256587

Who’s down to recon the IPA handles wit me on turkey day? I’ve got some in the cooler for the parking lot hype beasting. Black OB right by little hawk buildings.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Update:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1500.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	398.2 KB 
ID:	256663

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Forgot they had the agreement with 10 barrel. Joe's is passable.

10 Barrel =InBev is anyone cares. They’ve been pretty aggressive in their “Agreements” with many ski areas the last few years. Pushing off a lot of local brews to get theirs on. Competitive marketplace out there.

My understanding was that InBev bought 10 Barrel but was mostly letting them keep doing their thing? Still though...

is the tgr site still full of 10 barrell ads? my puter died and i don't see them on my phone. i had a couple of their samples somewhere -- maybe the web.com tournament and i remember them as water with color.

^^^ Joe IPA is passable for hop heads.

Also, this thread is the epitome of (almost) rich white people problems.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    My understanding was that InBev bought 10 Barrel but was mostly letting them keep doing their thing? Still though...
    That's what they say about every small brewery acquisition. Still InBev.

https://www.goodbeerhunting.com/sigh...gh-end-layoffs
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    That’s always the story, but they also increased their distribution footprint and ability to leverage markets, as well as access to ingredients at much lower prices. Typical corporate benefits, but they have to try to keep that “Crafty” feel. Just the name 10 Barrel is pretty ironic.

And they only play the “Were still keeping all the same folks and doing the same thing we always have” mantra till they start to see declining sales. Consumers have very short attention spans for that feel good shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Solid first post...

I'm sure he speaks highly of you as well.
    Gotta start somewhere. Might as well be something I have experience with.

Once you are on their radar and they throw way too much money at you its hard to say no.

I do not blame any of them although I lament several lost independents.