Should I ski at Stevens Pass over Thanksgiving?

I everyone and happy Thanksgiving week. I am visiting Seattle later this week and am wondering about snow at Stevens Pass (they don't open until later this week and aren't reporting snow totals yet). The question is, is it worth hauling all our ski stuff (family of 4) to ski at Stevens on Friday or Saturday? What's the snow been like so far in the Cascades, any sense of forecasts for later this week?

Thanks
    Devon

I doubt there will be enough snow to ski there and if they do open it's going to be extremely thin/limited.

My rule of thumb with Stevens is less than ~40" is very thin/borderline not worth it. Below that depth there will be lot of rocks, sticks, open creeks, mountain bike berms, etc poking out of the snow.

Vail did do a lot of brush cutting this fall but it still doesn't help the fact that the place has tons of sharp rock.

We've had very little precip in the last few weeks and it has been unseasonably warm.

If you're really itching to ski, there is a solid chance that Mission Ridge will be open but it will be 1 one man made run that is best suited for at least a very strong intermediate, so not sure if that aligns with your family.

it is for sure not worth it for someone in your situation.

Colorado -- Boulder. But I grew up in Seattle, skiing Stevens Pass and Crystal -- hence the reason to take the kids there.

Quote Originally Posted by devon View Post
    Colorado -- Boulder. But I grew up in Seattle, skiing Stevens Pass and Crystal -- hence the reason to take the kids there.
    Go ski down there. It would be silly to ski up here for any reason right now if you have access to Colorado resorts.

As a skier from Seattle, should know by now that March/April is when the Cascades are prime. Come out then.

Thanks everyone.

Stevens....naw, too early

Given where things are, can't see ya bringing gear for some real slim pickins. Your neighborhood much better.

Better leave the skis at home, Stevens has exactly 0" of snow at the base.