Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    yeah - it seems we are talking past one another a bit. I still don't really get how something that is bent become shorter after it is made straight - perhaps i misunderstand the term "decamber" - other than that the angle if the binding in the rear changes incrementally. I dunno, i have no skis at hand so perhaps it would make more sense if I did

i guess the difficulty with being used to Iggy, Luke and other people who are fairly responsive on TGR is that one forget that theirs is not the norm. I am guessing a lot of lawyering is involved as well, but i am singularly unimpressed with G3 in this process. They are active initially to put down the fire while also getting the feedback they need, then go all mum - Thanksgiving or not. While hopefully everybody gets what the stomp pad is supposed to do, there is still a major question left unresolved in how the pad is needed - meaning where does the flex originate (?). For all i know it might mainly be the boot. G3 has probably done a lot of research and could easily explain their design getting tons of Mag approval in the process, but is seemingly involved elsewhere. Then again, putting out the word that the stomp pad needs to be installed every time, always, is for sure more important than answering a bunch of mags on TGR - but the amount of effort that is required to answer the questions in this thread from a person who is familiar with the design is pretty minimal imo. That is, unless they do not know what caused it and are either in the process of finding out (where a quick "we are in the process" would do) or are seriously worried. Or of course, that some company policy prevents interaction with potential customers on internet forums.

I have no idea, but I know that it was a can of worm G3 opened themselves when they a) had a binding fail catastrophically and b) elected to reach out to the person publicly iot to act in their own best interest, leaving questions unanswered.

anyway - I do not even own any G3 bindings - only skins, but as a guy who was wondering about getting a pair, I can safely say that i won't for the foreseeable future

One binding broke 5 days ago, nobody got hurt, G3 are replacing it, they probably don't have the broken binding yet, lawyering ... are fucking kidding me ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Ya, if leaving out the brake or plastic pad caused BOTH to disintegrate catastrophically on the first day of use the problems are far more severe than installation error, I don't care what they say. I still ski Salomon 977 carbons but wouldn't be skiing these, especially around high exposure, high fall consequence terrain. We all know these materials get more suspect with age. I think we're going to see more and more of this unless they recall ALL of them.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Ya, if leaving out the brake or plastic pad caused BOTH to disintegrate catastrophically on the first day of use the problems are far more severe than installation error, I don't care what they say. I still ski Salomon 977 carbons on my dedicated bump skis (super light) but wouldn't be skiing these, especially around high exposure, high fall consequence terrain. We all know these materials get more suspect with age. I think we're going to see more and more of this unless they recall ALL of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Ya, if leaving out the brake or plastic pad caused BOTH to disintegrate catastrophically on the first day of use the problems are far more severe than installation error, I don't care what they say. I still ski Salomon 977 carbons but wouldn't be skiing these, especially around high exposure, high fall consequence terrain. We all know these materials get more suspect with age. I think we're going to see more and more of this unless they recall ALL of them.
    Ah....So, what you are saying is that not a single pair of Solly 977's have have ever broke?

I gotta gets me a pair. Maybe after I lawyer up.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Maybe the illuminati control G3, and maybe OP was part of a their targeted depopulation agenda.

Really, consider it. It would totally explain the bilateral failure, and singular occurrence. This hypothesis also helps explain the pad issue , and why the science and diagrams don't add up.

that or, Aliens.
    This must be the answerName:  20181124_160111.jpeg
Views: 1026
Size:  49.6 KB

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app

The tinfoil hat is very strong in here

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Ah....So, what you are saying is that not a single pair of Solly 977's have have ever broke?

I gotta gets me a pair. Maybe after I lawyer up.
    No, I'm saying I ski bindings that are definitely sketchy but wouldn't ski those G3 Zeds after seeing that carnage. When a brand freakin new binding does that there's your sign that even mounted perfectly legit probably won't last 5 years..

No, I'm saying I ski bindings that are definitely sketchy but wouldn't ski those G3 Zeds after seeing that carnage. When a brand freakin new binding does that there's your sign that even mounted perfectly legit probably won't last 5 years..

How many times have you been to Denver? Does the term "Grand Solar Minimum" mean anything to you? Do you know anything about Antartica, high powered lasers or weather modifications? Is anyone in your family a Freemason? True or false: the earth is round.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

It's those damned vaccines my parents made me take..

The “stomp” pad is for skinning not skiing

When I worked in retail management these things usually went down like this.. Corporate HQ of vendor/brand didn't keep any inventory/stock at corporate HQ, they only had the prototypes there. Product was shipped directly from manufacturer (China?) to retail stores or to distributors then to stores. It is entirely possible and likely that they need to contact a retail shop to ship a set of bindings to OP.. and that they are reaching out to shops which won't have to deal with customs to ship faster.. i.e. a US shop.. who was dealing with the Black Friday weekend..
    Every year that I teched, I worked Thanksgiving, so theres that. I suspect that the places I worked weren't the only shops open.
    Seems like G3 is on it and maybe expecting them to be replaced before the weekend, 4/5 days after breakage is a little too much to expect, no?

Replacements have arrived.

I think you should ski the same line again as soon as you have them ready to go... and make sure you are filming!

I think you should ski the same line again as soon as you have them ready to go... and make sure you are filming!
    “Line”

Has there been any update on this? I'm surely not the only one curious.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Just another data point, anecdotal of course. Skied all day at mammoth today on a set of zeds, and they performed flawlessly. Flat landings, hard carves, steeps, a few chattery areas, dead stops from speed... so far so good. The snow was really nice but still, I showed them no mercy. After seeing this post, I wanted to put them through the wringer. I like the low/zero ramp angle and the heel feels a bit more present than my plum guides. Was using tecnica zero g pro tour boots and black crows navis freebird 185 (102mm wide). Helluva nice 3 days out there since Friday too.

Sent from my VS988 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Has there been any update on this? I'm surely not the only one curious.
    G3 has the broken heels and I expect we'll hear from them once they're done with the forensics.

Quote Originally Posted by iTomahawk View Post
    Just another data point, anecdotal of course. Skied all day at mammoth today on a set of zeds, and they performed flawlessly. Flat landings, hard carves, steeps, a few chattery areas, dead stops from speed... so far so good. The snow was really nice but still, I showed them no mercy. After seeing this post, I wanted to put them through the wringer. I like the low/zero ramp angle and the heel feels a bit more present than my plum guides. Was using tecnica zero g pro tour boots and black crows navis freebird 185 (102mm wide). Helluva nice 3 days out there since Friday too.

Sent from my VS988 using TGR Forums mobile app
    ZGTP boots and Zeds? Did santa come early? You got all the new swag

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Every year that I teched, I worked Thanksgiving, so theres that. I suspect that the places I worked weren't the only shops open.
    Seems like G3 is on it and maybe expecting them to be replaced before the weekend, 4/5 days after breakage is a little too much to expect, no?
    Dis

Quote Originally Posted by iTomahawk View Post
    Just another data point, anecdotal of course.
    And another sample of one... with just a single day on mine. Got them from G3 just after they became publicly available, so they're theoretically from the same early batch as hafjell, also sans brakes. Skied from Camp Muir on Sunday -- conditions were easy on the bindings: cold temps kept the soft snow dry and low vis kept the speeds down. Great first impression -- they felt super solid and skied well. Even enjoyed an appropriate double release after botching some slow speed rock dodging. Currently stoked on them and looking forward to seeing how they hold up to seasons of touring (6'4" 185lbs, Seekr 110s, Maestrale RS2).

Glad you had a good day. I’m only 15 pounds heavier. Hmmm. What’s your BSL?

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    What’s your BSL?
    322mm (Size 29 Maestrale RS)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewpringle View Post
    322mm (Size 29 Maestrale RS)
    Hmmm. I'm slightly heavier and ride a slightly longer boot. G3 said weight and boot size weren't factors. Maybe they're right?